Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I'd actually argue that going into the 2006-2008 Seasons the Onfield product was better

The 06 season saw us get Ryan, AJ, Glaus and Overbay to a core of a young Halladay Wells and Rios.

Going into 07 we had amazing seasons by Rios, Wells, Halladay, Glaus , Overbay and Ryan the new addition of DH of Thomas and a 87 win second place finish.

Going into 08 we had the strongest pitching staff in baseball and a payroll on the verge of $100 mill.

Again the average fan doesn't know about our deep farm. We had a the least active offseason since 04 when our prized signing was Corey koskie. So where did this rejuvenated enthusiasm come from

vCash
    The Jays have a better team start of this year than last year. If we have bounce back years from KJ and Rasmus we are a deadly offense and Solid D -Thames who should not be allowed on the field period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    I'd actually argue that going into the 2006-2008 Seasons the Onfield product was better

The 06 season saw us get Ryan, AJ, Glaus and Overbay to a core of a young Halladay Wells and Rios.

Going into 07 we had amazing seasons by Rios, Wells, Halladay, Glaus , Overbay and Ryan the new addition of DH of Thomas and a 87 win second place finish.

Going into 08 we had the strongest pitching staff in baseball and a payroll on the verge of $100 mill.

Again the average fan doesn't know about our deep farm. We had a the least active offseason since 04 when our prized signing was Corey koskie. So where did this rejuvenated enthusiasm come from
    Back then you could get free agents cheaper as well, which I pointed out then of course and was told to wait for the magical 2010 season...
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    You have to be optimistic at the start of a season, it's a fresh start and the team is solid. Hard not to get excited about it at this point.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post

08 had zero offense. Vdub led the team with 20hr's. 08was no doubt the best pitching staff of the past 10 years, but I'd argue that 12 is a much more complete team, with weaker pitching, but stronger offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogi10 View Post
    08 had zero offense. Vdub led the team with 20hr's. 08was no doubt the best pitching staff of the past 10 years, but I'd argue that 12 is a much more complete team, with weaker pitching, but stronger offense.
    Agreed, best pitching I can remember, such a shame that the offence was horrific that year.

I think that the current group has potential to be a better team, the pitching likely won't be as good but the bats are going to be an order of magnitude better.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123