Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Miami Dolphins draft game DISCUSSION

Alright with a two weeks away thought it was a good time to start this game I came up with. Thought it would be a bit of fun and help pass the time.

I will be posting the thread for entries to be posted in, here in a little bit once I get it wrote up. I hope that only entries to be posted there to keep it nice in short so when the draft is over I don't have aton of pages to go though.

Please use this thread for any discussion you might want to have for this game or about others' entries.

vCash
    Is this where we predict the first round like last year and then predict the Dolphins picks, and whoever gets the most right "wins"? I don't remember who put that together, but I liked doing it.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Na something a little different. Something that poped in my head and wanted to try out. If no one enjoys it, sure will not hurt my feelings. More about just the Dolphins.

vCash
    This works too... I like it, something new instead of the usual routine.

vCash
    Yea thought it would be. Might be a bit easier and more fun as well. With the frist round you have so many picks and with trades you never can get more than a handful of selections right.

With this way being your just picking players the Dolphins might select no matter the round, more people might get better scores.

vCash
    Besides us talking here on PSD, has espn or anyone actually said that there is a chance that we actually trade down for 17 and 21 ??? Idk i think that is the best thing we can do ?

vCash
    Alright, I did mine... I think it kinda sucks; it was a lot harder than I thought it might be.
    Last edited by SoxDolphan26; 04-13-2012 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    I'm actually going to do some research. I have a few obvious picks but I'm not going to post right away.

Winner should get the title The Dolphins Draft Guru or some **** like that. Just something you get to rub in everyones face.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smilez15 View Post
    Besides us talking here on PSD, has espn or anyone actually said that there is a chance that we actually trade down for 17 and 21 ??? Idk i think that is the best thing we can do ?
    Every player and every pick is on the trading block for the right price. The question is whether or not the Bengals want to give up those picks.
    Miami Dolphins: Home of the worst fan base in the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I'm actually going to do some research. I have a few obvious picks but I'm not going to post right away.

Winner should get the title The Dolphins Draft Guru or some **** like that. Just something you get to rub in everyones face.
    I've been conducting the NFL/Dolphins Draft Guru for the past 3 years and I plan on doing it again this year.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=613830

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=477555

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=354885

vCash
    Yea that's fine, I just came up with this and had to try it out.
    Last edited by Wrench; 04-13-2012 at 02:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Yea that's fine, I just came up with this and had to try it out.
    Cool

vCash
    I figured I'd explain my picks a little bit,

Quinton Coples, DE North Carolina-there are some real concerns about him taking plays off, but some say that is more of team problem, so it maybe on the coaches. With proper motivation and coaching he could be a Mario Williams type of player.
    Brock Osweiler, QB Arizona State-a young and raw QB, I really don't see them drafting a QB with the 8th pick and then sitting him on the bench while the vets battle for the starting job. I think they'll take a flyer on a QB in rounds 2 or 3 so if we have a chance to get a top rated QB in next years draft we still can. A QB like Osweiler still gives us a stud young QB who could start down the road, but doesn't make us commit to him as our future.
    Zebrie Sanders, RT Florida State- perfect fit for a WCO lineman, athletic, quick, but still has good size. Could compete for the RT position or at least provide good depth.
    Ladarius Green, TE La.-Lafayette- Speed down the middle of the field, what we've been missing for along time.
    Brandon Hardin, FS Oregon State- We need help in the secondary, but our new DC, seems to be able to work maricles with other teams draft bust. So I don't see us spending a high draft pick for out secondary, but after this kids injury last year his draft grade has dropped alot, he could be had in the 4th. At his pro day he ran a 4.4 and 4.36, keep in mind this kid is 6-3 216. He would be a great new toy for our secondary Miracle Worker ...
    Last edited by XXXphins; 04-14-2012 at 01:17 AM.

vCash
    Week to go guys, make sure to get your entries in before the draft. Also for the guys who have posted make any changes before then.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=711243

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XXXphins View Post
    I figured I'd explain my picks a little bit,

Quinton Coples, DE North Carolina-there are some real concerns about him taking plays off, but some say that is more of team problem, so it maybe on the coaches. With proper motivation and coaching he could be a Mario Williams type of player.
    Brock Osweiler, QB Arizona State-a young and raw QB, I really don't see them drafting a QB with the 8th pick and then sitting him on the bench while the vets battle for the starting job. I think they'll take a flyer on a QB in rounds 2 or 3 so if we have a chance to get a top rated QB in next years draft we still can. A QB like Osweiler still gives us a stud young QB who could start down the road, but doesn't make us commit to him as our future.
    Zebrie Sanders, RT Florida State- perfect fit for a WCO lineman, athletic, quick, but still has good size. Could compete for the RT position or at least provide good depth.
    Ladarius Green, TE La.-Lafayette- Speed down the middle of the field, what we've been missing for along time.
    Brandon Hardin, FS Oregon State- We need help in the secondary, but our new DC, seems to be able to work maricles with other teams draft bust. So I don't see us spending a high draft pick for out secondary, but after this kids injury last year his draft grade has dropped alot, he could be had in the 4th. At his pro day he ran a 4.4 and 4.36, keep in mind this kid is 6-3 216. He would be a great new toy for our secondary Miracle Worker ...
    No wide receivers?

We're going into the season with a WR corps of Hartline, Bessie, Gates, Naanee, Moore, etc. Not a criticism, just something to think about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast