Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

DHB and the rest...what do ya think?

I was just watching some old tape on DHB from last year about his improvements since Mr. Davis drafted him. It got me to thinking which is good. Anyway to spur some good conversation during the 2 wks before the draft I thought I'd pose a question or three for all to comment about. It may have been talked about before, but I couldn't find it in the piles of threads. So here goes.

What do you like about each WR (or just a specific WR)? What kind of stats are you expecting from them/him? Do you think we need a seasoned veteran presence there?

I will start with DHB and come back with the others later.
    After watching that clip I remembered that what I like about DHB is his work ethic and loyalty to the Raider organization and the late Al Davis especially. The kid puts in the time and effort of two men so that he can improve on his weaknesses. I appreciate that. I also like the fact that he feels he owes it to the Raiders to be his best and to be better every week. I fully expect him to get about 1300 yards receiving and 9 touchdowns this year.
    Do we need another Veteran presence, maybe. If TO came super cheap, I think it would help take some pressure off of the line, DMC, Palmer, and our WR's.

vCash
    i think dhb is a decent body possesion receiver, if he could improve his deep catching game like he started to at the end of last year he could turn into something, he seems to let his emotions effect him either positively or negatively

vCash
    DHB got size and speed which you gotta be born with.

Reason I think he'll make it is he's got great work ethic.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    i think dhb is a decent body possesion receiver, if he could improve his deep catching game like he started to at the end of last year he could turn into something, he seems to let his emotions effect him either positively or negatively
    Agreed. I see him continuing to improve and use those positive emotions as drive. I believe a lot of the negativity was from the expectations of being a high 1st round pick and with the skill set he had at the time it was too much. This year he will be even better.
    On a personal note I love your news and tidbits, Adam Schefter. Keep it coming!

vCash
    hahah thanx bro, same to u as well ^ and i think dhb will have around 1,050 yars this year, not as much as u predicted bcuz i think moore and dmc will be stealing some yards from him

vCash
    I like DHB's work ethic and determination.

I love that Moore has speed and good hands to develop into a very good receiver in this league.

Ford I love cause he's a play maker with blazing speed!
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    he has bad hands.
    the majority of his catches are sit downs and come backs, that is highschool stuff.
    NFL recievers need to be able to catch on the run, in stride.
    I dont care if he has 1200 yards worth of the kid stuff, he has to take that next step to ever TRULEY BE A GOOD wr IN THE nfl

vCash
    I really can't wait for his season. I think be is just going to keep moving forward and make strides even further. He will never be a Calvin ttype guy but he will help this team

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    DHB is alright unlike Ford & Moore who both have something special & may turn into top WRs in the league

vCash
    Moore for the way he attacks the ball, he doesn't wait for it he finds it. Also good hands.

Ford makes me think he could score every time he touches the ball like DMC.

DHB has size and speed. He improved a lot and has a good work ethic. Possibly a #1 WR.

What I like about all of them is they are young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    he has bad hands.
    the majority of his catches are sit downs and come backs, that is highschool stuff.
    NFL recievers need to be able to catch on the run, in stride.
    I dont care if he has 1200 yards worth of the kid stuff, he has to take that next step to ever TRULEY BE A GOOD wr IN THE nfl
    True story, people also seem to forget the only reason he ALMOST reached 1,000 yards is only because Moore and Ford were out with injuries. He is wildy mediocre and overrated, we could use Terrell Owens as a very efficient Red Zone receiver. our WR's have the speed to seperate themselves from corners but within 20 yards of the endzone they don't have the route skills needed for the TD

vCash
    ^^^ wow. overrated. if dont like him fine, but to say he is overrated is ridiculous. His first two years he was not good.(DHB) so now, how is he overrated? when coming into the season no one expected anything from him. plus for you guys to say moore and ford will have better years i expect to see 80+ catches from them if they are better. ( not gonna happen) Moore has the highest potential and none of our WR core can do it alone. the top 3 are stacked and we need all of them. Murphy as well, he will be back to forum ( the next tim brown the first 2 years, then last year he needs to be cut)< fans on this and other forums.

vCash
    For someone that is overrated Revis followed him all game long early in the season before he broke out. Champ Bailey a future HOFer said DHB was the raiders best playmaker and was surprised he did not play much the 2nd time we played him. Nnamdi said he was one of the best WR's in the NFL at getting off the press. (in his 2nd year in the league) Those guys are all top 5 CBs that have coved him. Teams respect his speed and his game. which is why teams play 10 yards off with a safety over the top. dont believe me go watch moore go off in the 1st SD game with 1 on 1 all game. DHB is also our best WR after the catch with ford behind him. he is the Caption of our WR core. get a clue.

vCash
    From a TRUE talent standpoint. Moore and Ford are the only recievers on our team with a BIG TIME future. DHB fans sorry.

DHB- While DHB is hardworking and loyal and all that is said above, he just lacks pure recieving skills. Its obvious. He lives off his speed(which can be ok) but he can't adjust to footballs. He can't run at full speed and catch a deep ball over his shoulder. These are things that "true" recievers due in their sleep. He is more of a posession reciever with bad hands. With that being said he isn't talentless and should be kept.If he makes another jump like he did last yr, this yr. I will GLADLY take back what i just said

Moore - He will be the one with 1300 yds and 9 TDs this year NOT DHB. quote me on that. Moore has the "it" factor. He understands getting open and catches the ball without thought. He attacks it at its highest point. He DOES NOT fear the big stage. While on the field moore was 2x the reciever DHB is.

Ford- As said above, ford is like DMC he can take it to the house at any time. He too has a football player's mentality. He can catch and run exceptional routes. His return game is oustanding. The lack of size he has can actually help him in a lot of situations getting up like Wes Welker or even Santana Moss. He is going to be good

Murphy- A player who truely coulda been great. His rookie season was amazing. Injuries knocked him back. Moreso he made a statement " I didnt know if i could play in this league anymore". Like dude your 24 and you already saying stuff like that? He needs a stronger mentality than that. I hope he rebounds. I think he is a beast when he has his mind straight

Overall i think we could use a TO. Flat out. He'd help them come along and 1 injury and were down to a 3 reciever set with Murphy as the slot man. TO will come cheap and wanna be here as he has no real options and WANTS to be in the NFL. Our offense can honestly be top 5 this year

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    Never would I call DHB over-rated. If anything he is under-rated.

My favorite receiver is of course Moore. That kid has a fire in him, he's fearless. What I like about him is that he will go up for the ball, stretch out for the ball, and fight for the ball. Also I love his hands. If the ball hits them its a catch, it seems to just fit there. Out of all of our receivers I think that he has the most potential right now. I think this year he gets 1100 yds 8 TDs.

Jacoby Ford is as exciting to watch as say Devin Hester. Once he gets the ball in his hands you just know that something big is going to happen. Plus, how can anyone forget that KC game? 800 yds receiving 5 td's and 3 TDs in the return game, and 1 rushing.

With Murphy, I am hoping he returns from his poor 2011 season and explodes into what we all thought and hoped he was going to be. He really wants to win and he just needs to get his confidence back I think. 600 yds 3 TDs

All of the four guys I talked about so far have spirit in them and a will to not only win but to do what it takes to win. That is what I like about them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast