Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by youngMan View Post
    I think VJ is top 5, been going to Charger games and have seen him be the deciding factor in games and Calvin Johnson to me is a great receiver, and better than Jackson...only thing I see that VJ has in advantage in is route running, something Calvin does not do well.

I think he is going to do for us what he did for the Chargers, maybe more considering the fact people downgrade Jackson because he hasn't had a 80 yard catching season, even though Charger fans will tell you more than likely nobody will get 80 catches in that offense.
    I'll take 80 with an 18 yard average. Yeah, 1400-1500 yards on 80 grabs would not bother me at all.

vCash
    I can tell that you're a chargers fan......THIS IS THE BUCS FORUM GET OUT

vCash
    I would agree that a few years back i considered V Jax a top 5 reciever. He manly fell off my list after only playing 5 games in 2010, but talent wise I believe he is definetly top 5. He just needs to prove his worth again. definety a top 10 receiver.

MY List:
    1. C. Johnson
    2. L. Fitzgerald
    3. A. Johnson
    4. A.J. Green

I think those 4 guys are clearly the best and the #5 spot is up for the taking. Based on last season I would say Greg Jennings and H. Nicks would come next, but again it's a whole new year and VJax could certainly be there.

Not only do I think R. White is the most overated WR in the NFL, I think he is the most overated football player in the league period. He looks good on paper, but I am never actually worried about him on gameday. Nothing about him is overwhelming besides his mouth. 2010 was the only year that he actually looked like a pro bowler in my book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindurant View Post
    I can tell that you're a chargers fan......THIS IS THE BUCS FORUM GET OUT
    Oh, this isn't the Chargers forum...? Gotta go.

vCash
    Good list, aecon. My list is exactly the same. AJ Green deserves to be in the top five even though he was just a rookie last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I would agree that a few years back i considered V Jax a top 5 reciever. He manly fell off my list after only playing 5 games in 2010, but talent wise I believe he is definetly top 5. He just needs to prove his worth again. definety a top 10 receiver.

MY List:
    1. C. Johnson
    2. L. Fitzgerald
    3. A. Johnson
    4. A.J. Green

I think those 4 guys are clearly the best and the #5 spot is up for the taking. Based on last season I would say Greg Jennings and H. Nicks would come next, but again it's a whole new year and VJax could certainly be there.

Not only do I think R. White is the most overated WR in the NFL, I think he is the most overated football player in the league period. He looks good on paper, but I am never actually worried about him on gameday. Nothing about him is overwhelming besides his mouth. 2010 was the only year that he actually looked like a pro bowler in my book.

AJ green that high huh? I nominated you for the Morris Claiborne award of April.

Roddy overrated? Ps your book matters to no one
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Cripes so much hate for Roddy White, i get it hes a rival and all but the guy is a beast theirs no doubt about it and if he was on our team everyone would be drooling over him like we are currently for VJ. The guys had 80+ catches 1000+ yards for the last 5 years, not to mention over 100 catches the last 2 seasons.

vCash
    For my list, i had Steve smith higher then Megatron mainly because of his size and history, if he had the size of Fitz or Megatron he would probably be considered as one of the best ever. But they are easily interchangeable as both of them are insanely good.

As for my having a bias for the NFC its not a bias the NFC seriously has all the good recievers these days. Look at each conference in the afc there really is a lack of elite wr's
    AFC North - AJ Green, Mike Wallace
    AFC South - Andre Johnson
    AFC East - Wes Welker
    AFC West - Dwanye Bowe

Thats a pretty weak list for 16 teams

vCash
    how come steve smith gets respect for his size and welker gets disrespected for his

I can listen to an argument for anything except that Calvin Johnson isnt the best WR in the league. I dont think its even close, him and larry are the only two with potential to be mentioned with t.o. randy moss and jerry rice(3 best recievers all time) Calvin had 1681 yard recieving last season 7th best ever and hes not even in his prime yet. 16tds also (tied for 14th but its the 5th highest total ever)

Welker had almost 1600 and has 110 rec year in year out, twice over 120 leads league almost every year, dudes puttin in work yall gotta respect that ****
    most receptions in a single season looks like this:
    1. Marvin Harrison 143
    2. Wes Welker 123 (2009)
    Herman Moore 123
    4. Wes Welker 122 (2011)
    Has two more seasons in the top 25 EVER 4 of the top 25 EVER thats nuts and his 1600 yards last season was in the top 20 ever.

We Want Winston

vCash
    ^^^Slot or not, one Super Bowl drop or not, Welker is a he11 of a player. Steve Smith is good too, but I wouldn't put him in the top 10, let alone the top 2-3. Roddy White is good too, but seriously overrated. He drops too many balls to be in consideration for the top 10.

vCash
    My bad...
    Last edited by youngMan; 04-13-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Im a beast!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    AJ green that high huh? I nominated you for the Morris Claiborne award of April.

Roddy overrated? Ps your book matters to no one

Classy as always! You are an embarrasment!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    Cripes so much hate for Roddy White, i get it hes a rival and all but the guy is a beast theirs no doubt about it and if he was on our team everyone would be drooling over him like we are currently for VJ. The guys had 80+ catches 1000+ yards for the last 5 years, not to mention over 100 catches the last 2 seasons.
    Untrue, there are plenty of players in our division that I have respect for and I believe are real good players (D. Brees, M. Turner, B. Grimes, S. Smith), but Roddy is overated. Again stats don't tell the entire story. B. Lloyd led the league in recieving 2 years ago. I didn't see anyone drooling over him in free agency this year.

vCash
    side note: brent grimes is overrated, good but overrated, shouldnt be a pro bowler

AJ Green has serious potential, but it is too early to put him in the top ten. He has the most potential cuz he hasnt done much yet. AJ Green was 17th in yards tied for 34th in receptions and tied for 21st in tds. How can you rate him number 4 based on that? He will prob end up being second tier elite like VJax Wallace Jennings Desean and S. Smith are now... I dont see the Calvin, Andre or Larry in him

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Untrue, there are plenty of players in our division that I have respect for and I believe are real good players (D. Brees, M. Turner, B. Grimes, S. Smith), but Roddy is overated. Again stats don't tell the entire story. B. Lloyd led the league in recieving 2 years ago. I didn't see anyone drooling over him in free agency this year.
    B. Lloyd had 1 good season out of his 10 he is hardly a good comparison to Roddy White who has proved year after year to be a elite wr. I dont understand where you guys get this "overrated" label for some players. lol Need to take personal bias and the fact that white is a tool bag when he opens his mouth out of the equation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast