Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sutter out of Calgary

Flames release says "mutual agreement" to conclude Sutter's coaching duties. Sounds to me Sutter may not be on board for direction of team.
    https://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger/...44846191214593
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Makes sense. He's been a huge disapointment there. This is a good step for Calgary.

vCash
    Calgary finally rebuilds....?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlznerson View Post
    I think that Mike Cammalleri traded proved that they are not. I'm not sure what to think. They're stuck in a limbo.

#8-11 seed

Which means;

Not making the playoffs (chance), and not getting a high enough draft pick.

Their system sucks, and they're stuck with a bunch of underachievers.

vCash
    They have some pieces that would fetch good returns. It just takes a big step that most fans probably wouldn't support.

vCash
    They have some pieces that would fetch good returns. It just takes a big step that most fans probably wouldn't support.
    They could rebuild even while keeping Iginla if they wanted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    They could rebuild even while keeping Iginla if they wanted.
    Who could they deal for major prospects besides him? Cammy could fetch a good amount but the contracts on their other major guys (Kipper, Bouwmeester, Tanguay) are all pretty bad.

vCash
    Who could they deal for major prospects besides him? Cammy could fetch a good amount but the contracts on their other major guys (Kipper, Bouwmeester, Tanguay) are all pretty bad.
    Even with big contracts they have value.

vCash
    I strongly disagree here. Judging by the Monteal deal, his lackluster play in Calgary, and that contract, I'd bet his value is at an all-time low.

J-Bo is interesting based on his contract. He's still a very good defenseman, but statistics wise, said Florida, he's been on a decline.

Alex Tanguay's got a solid contract, and could grab a great deal. 70 points last year, and he was on pace for about 60 points this year. Those are solid numbers. He's one of those rare awesome playmaking wingers.

Kipper would be perfect in Toronto. He played like a top 10 goaltender this year believe it or not. He could be a short-term fix in Toronto.

They wouldn't do this to Jarome Iginla though. He's the reason why they haven't started rebuilding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I strongly disagree here. Judging by the Monteal deal, his lackluster play in Calgary, and that contract, I'd bet his value is at an all-time low.

J-Bo is interesting based on his contract. He's still a very good defenseman, but statistics wise, said Florida, he's been on a decline.

Alex Tanguay's got a solid contract, and could grab a great deal. 70 points last year, and he was on pace for about 60 points this year. Those are solid numbers. He's one of those rare awesome playmaking wingers.

Kipper would be perfect in Toronto. He played like a top 10 goaltender this year believe it or not. He could be a short-term fix in Toronto.

They wouldn't do this to Jarome Iginla though. He's the reason why they haven't started rebuilding.
    yea i wanted kipper in t.o too.

My thought was Colborne, Kadri/Reimer, and a 2nd.

way too much? way too little?

Ive seen on HF boards that almost all the hypothetical Kipper to toronto trades have colborne as a centrepeice.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Too much.

vCash
    I've been hearing he was the one who wanted the Flames to start rebuilding but ownership and Feaster thought otherwise.
    Proud Member of the Black Hole