Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    I don't see how putting in Cory makes this team better when Luongo hasn't been the reason we lost...
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Not sure if this will cheer you up, but it should - https://twitter.com/#!/33to22/status/190862088711835648

Basically going up 2-0 doesn`t matter if you lose game 3.

vCash
    -Two anecdotes to share about teams in tough in series'. The first comes from last season: Boston dropped two to Montreal in the first round last season, and we all know what happened there.
    more cheer up stuff

vCash
    -I also think back to ten years ago, when the Vancouver Canucks went into the playoffs as a red-hot club against the President's Trophy winner Detroit Red Wings. Vancouver took an OT win in Game 1 and a dominant win in Game 2 back to Vancouver, up 2-0 in the series, but against a determined, re-focused, and more talented group. The one Dan Cloutier goal aside, that wasn't totally the difference in that playoff series.
    one more

vCash
    We need Reinprecht. And Connauton. Let him QB the PP.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Man you guys must HATE duncan keith right now.. but in the end, sedin took a cheap shot at keiths head and paid the price for it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I don't see how putting in Cory makes this team better when Luongo hasn't been the reason we lost...
    This. Though I expect to see Schneider in the next game if only to shake up the team. It would be truly unfair though if he were to win and AV decided to use him for the rest of the playoffs if the team turns around.

Luongo has definitely been the best Canuck on the ice in the first two games.

Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    more cheer up stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    one more
    carson, just remember how close the Hawks came to upsetting the Canucks last year after falling behind 3-0. Mind you they did that by winning the 4th game at home. The Canucks are going to have to win at least one in LA in order to stay alive long enough to play at home again.

Something tells me we'll see a better road team than a home team. They need to simplify and get their efficiency back. That's what has distinguished this team when they're successful. Not especially exciting, but efficient. They were also more disciplined last night which is a good sign.

vCash
    I dont know what is up with edler but he is a giveaway machine. Our defense is just panicing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILarado View Post
    Man you guys must HATE duncan keith right now.. but in the end, sedin took a cheap shot at keiths head and paid the price for it
    No need for garbage baiting. Take those comments somewhere else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    For me the team plays less fragile in front of Cory. With Lu there is always a nervousness and anxiety feeling. It's not very often we get a game without one soft goal. With Schneider it's all about confidence. Barring Lu stealing this series and the Stanley cup we have to trade him. I don't know if I can take it much longer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    For me the team plays less fragile in front of Cory. With Lu there is always a nervousness and anxiety feeling. It's not very often we get a game without one soft goal. With Schneider it's all about confidence. Barring Lu stealing this series and the Stanley cup we have to trade him. I don't know if I can take it much longer.
    First off, I think Luongo gets treated brutally in this market. Schneider should be careful what he wishes for if he wants to make a career here. I am behind Luongo personally and want to see him prove his worst critics wrong, but I agree, it seems like the team plays skittish in front of him. That's one of the reasons why I think Cory will get a start in LA, probably the next one.

It's not really fair because Luongo has been outstanding, but that's how it goes sometimes. As you know I've been saying that Luongo is the one they have to trade for a while now. Not because he sucks or anything, obviously he is a great goaltender, but because his history of erratic play seems to just add to the problems the Canucks already have to face. And I do think his contract is tradeable.

I really think this is a system team and there can't be any surprises if they want to win. I guess they should be telling that to Edler too, who is melting down like a rookie this series. Even Hamhuis had that brutal giveaway that led to the breakaway last night. WTF, when your steadiest D man screws up like that, idk what to say ...
    Last edited by ink; 04-14-2012 at 01:59 PM.

vCash
    Credit LA though. They've been good, playing to the level everyone thought they would play to at the start of the season. Sutter has his team under full control right now.

vCash
    I don't dislike Lu either but I think it needs to happen. I'm just sick of no real improvement. We clearly needed a top end scoring forward but we keep two top end goalies. If you stop the puck it doesn't matter if you can't score. I think gillis grossly overestimated the offensive talent of this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Credit LA though. They've been good, playing to the level everyone thought they would play to at the start of the season. Sutter has his team under full control right now.
    If LA makes it past us, I think they'll make it to the cup. They are perfect for the playoffs. Plus, Carter/Kopitar have been relatively quiet so far.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILarado View Post
    Duncan Keith is a piece of **** scumbag for what he did. There are clean ways to hit a guy, what he did was pathetic. I hope someone takes a run at Toews.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456