Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is the top seven, as I have written them, the top seven for most people on this site?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 35.29%
  • No

11 64.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I voted yes because I do see those QB's in the top 7 very often, but that is not my top 7.

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Eli, Ben -- Romo, Rivers -- Stafford.

vCash
    Rivers, Romo and maybe Schaub and Vick before Stafford. People forgot how good Schaub was before he went down.

vCash
    change Romo and Rivers and its looks good

vCash
    rivers, rodgers, brees, brady, manning. I dont see how anyone can't have those as top 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    rivers, rodgers, brees, brady, manning. I dont see how anyone can't have those as top 5
    I, and a lot of other folks, could give you a million reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'd hope you could see it since pretty much no one has Rivers in their top 5 anymore... if you don't see that then I wonder where you've been looking.

vCash
    Matt Flynn should be #5 just sayin.

vCash
    rivers replaces stafford easy yes even with a bad year. and last pick usually varies from vick, big ben, to your personal favorite QB
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    I'd hope you could see it since pretty much no one has Rivers in their top 5 anymore... if you don't see that then I wonder where you've been looking.
    i really dont get this at all. rivers was a consenous top 5 going into last season, has a down year that wasnt all that bad and he drops, yet other qbs that do that get the benifit of the doubt that it was a fluky season. is rivers really that much of a douchebag?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Top 7: Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Romo. Eli would be #8.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i really dont get this at all. rivers was a consenous top 5 going into last season, has a down year that wasnt all that bad and he drops, yet other qbs that do that get the benifit of the doubt that it was a fluky season. is rivers really that much of a douchebag?
    It's funny you say that because Rivers does have a reputation as being a douche.

I think the reason people downgrade Rivers is the fact he's gone 8-8, 13-3, 9-7, and 8-8 in the last 4 years with only 1 playoff win.

Now before we rehash the entire argument, I know that wins are a team function and you shouldn't blame wins and losses solely on a Quarterback.

I am saying that, fair or not, a lot of people believe that a team as talented as San Diego in the AFC West (which hasn't been very good over the last 4 years) should've won more.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    I think that the consensus or at least overwhelming majority has their top 6 pretty much set in stone: Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Peyton, Eli, and Ben (not in exact order per say).

After that, it becomes a big wash to me. You got guys like Rivers, Romo, Stafford, Ryan, Schaub, Vick, Newton, Cutler, Flacco (yes even Flacco...he has become incredibly underrated), and maybe Alex Smith (maybe not...I just like him though).

Thats not even including Luck and RG3, who I think will both end up being studs.

I would actually assume that most people would have either Romo or Rivers in at #7, and that would probably make the most sense from an objective viewpoint, but I am a renaissance man, and I like Stafford the most going forward. I choose Stafford personally, but that shouldn't be the consensus necessarily.

IMO the consensus 7 and 8 should probably be Romo and Rivers in an interchangeable order. But again...I am a renaissance man, and I prefer Stafford over them both.

And as far as Newton is concerned...I could see him making a huge leap this upcoming season. There is not a lot that he can't do.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    You know I like Rivers and agree it was a fluky season. But Roethlisberger and Eli passed him and I think it's a toss-up with Romo.

I wanted to put Roethlisberger ahead of Rivers after last season because Roethlisberger made his third Super Bowl while Rivers missed the playoffs, but then I decided not to adjust individual rankings based on team accomplishments. Roethlisberger making the Pro Bowl and Rivers having a bad season, fluke or no, changes that.

For Eli, got to respect his accomplishments. You know I'm mostly on your side when it comes to Eli, but he did play well and helped his team win the Super Bowl. No matter how likely it would be that -if the Chargers as a team played like the Giants did, Rivers would have a Super Bowl- that's speculation. Have to respect what truly has happened.

And Romo has never had a "down year" like Eli's 2010 or Rivers' 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    You know I like Rivers and agree it was a fluky season. But Roethlisberger and Eli passed him and I think it's a toss-up with Romo.

I wanted to put Roethlisberger ahead of Rivers after last season because Roethlisberger made his third Super Bowl while Rivers missed the playoffs, but then I decided not to adjust individual rankings based on team accomplishments. Roethlisberger making the Pro Bowl and Rivers having a bad season, fluke or no, changes that.

For Eli, got to respect his accomplishments. You know I'm mostly on your side when it comes to Eli, but he did play well and helped his team win the Super Bowl. No matter how likely it would be that -if the Chargers as a team played like the Giants did, Rivers would have a Super Bowl- that's speculation. Have to respect what truly has happened.

And Romo has never had a "down year" like Eli's 2010 or Rivers' 2011.

i guess thats the part that bothers me. eli has a bad seaosn in 2010, and every says fluke dont worry or change his ranging. rivers has a down year better than eli's and he drop up to 4-5 spots. double standard. if for example people had eli dropping last year, i could understand rivers dropping now, but that wasnt the case despite the fact that eli's 2010 was a lot clsoer to his norm than being a fluke than rivers 2011
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    i guess thats the part that bothers me. eli has a bad seaosn in 2010, and every says fluke dont worry or change his ranging. rivers has a down year better than eli's and he drop up to 4-5 spots. double standard. if for example people had eli dropping last year, i could understand rivers dropping now, but that wasnt the case despite the fact that eli's 2010 was a lot clsoer to his norm than being a fluke than rivers 2011
    I think it's more by default. Before 2010 Eli was still just outside the top 10, but obviously better than other QBs scratching the top 10 surface. 2010 didn't drop him significantly lower than those other QBs he was in the same tier as. Whereas with Rivers, there was Roethlisberger and Romo right behind him. A down year puts him behind those two. I think most people's problem is that they created a difference between "He is the 5th ranked QB" and "There are four QBs better than him." If you're 12th, you have a good year but so did 11 other QBs, you'll still be 12th. Have a down year and so did the 20 QBs below you, you're still 12th. Rankings compare players to each other, not the spot where they "should" be. See what I mean?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast