Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redhorse View Post
    I see ur point , but also rondos game is different than lins game. Im not saying lin is in the same level as nash , but his game is similar to nash. Rondo to me is similar to jkidd. A true PG. (btw jkidd said he wants to play another year. I think hed be perfect for this team)

Lin just started to play and was able to play his game and he carried that team when the two stars were gone.So to take away ur game completely after the success he just had is hard to do. And dont say he wasnt trying to incorporate the stars cause he was. He was looking for them and that took away from his game. And im sure melo also wanted this to work also. U dont think the players and melo told lin " to play his game". I actually think u lose respect if u totally just cater to someone else instead of playing your game.
    I've been saying this for a while kidd wants to teach a young guy he said... veterans minimum I would take him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msc43 View Post
    Carmelo's defense was excellent at all points of the season? I didn't know Carmelo could be this good of a defender until Woodson got in and changed the culture of the team.

And for the record, Melo's offense was bad because Stoudemire occupies the post where Melo does a lot of his best work. I sound like a broken record, but when there's no post game for Melo, he's pretty much relegated to being a glorified jump shooter. Of course he's not going to be comfortable when there's another 7 footer that's just as efficient as he is in the post.

If Melo is one of the greatest scorers in our game, he should be able to make the adjustments and keep scoring. When does Lebron ever need adjustments from Spoelstra to score?
    However, as a leader, he let his team down and our town down for a stretch. We all know he could have done better verses the Spurs and Mavericks on that road stretch. Did Amar'e's matador defense help either? Absolutely not.

I'm sure you know that there's a difference between not performing well and not choosing to perform well.
    One sin is much easier to forgive than the other.
    1) Stop acting like Melo was the problem on defense, when did the guy he was guarding torch him??? It didn't happen the guy who Melo guarded never was the guy killing us on D it was always the opposing guards and power forwards. And for the record any player with a post game without it would be a jump shooter you're grasping at straws with that. And of course you wouldn't know Melo can play defense under Dantoni he doesn't preach it, and It's hard to play defense when everybody has the green light to shoot before your defense can even get set, all that does is give teams fast break points!!!

And no Melo's Offensively wasn't bad because Stat was in the paint it was because he had a coach who refused to adjust the offense so both can get their proper touches where they want the ball. All you mentioned was a coaching problem and it changed soon as Woodson took over, Melo was better each game under the now coach on offense and Lin nor Stat was gonna dull his shine.

And for the record, because it seems to me you are a hater more than a critic Lebron had to adjust his game on the Heat to score and to win, I really don't know what basketball you're watching because you lost me with that one.

As far as him doing better in certain games, you can say that about every star in the league in a few games during the season, in other words It's purely speculation everyone has bad games. But like I said when you're a star on a team and everybody has the green light you would only get dejected, everyone is jacking up shots in the beginning of the shot clock makes it hard to play defense you could barely get set. In street basketball if someone kept jacking up shots like that before the defense gets set they might get punched in the face.

As for not trying you don't know what that is because you keep trying to absolve the coach of responsibility. You must've never played ball in a park before because this is the best example I can give you. If you are running up and down the court and the guys you were better than kept shooting before you can touch the ball, or jacking up shots that always led to the other teams easy buckets eventually you'd punch somebody in the face or you're effort level would drop.

vCash
    Anybody that is debating that is clearly a hater and just doesn't like Melo.

I feel that Melo is extremely overrated. He has proven nothing different in the NBA.

But to say he isn't clearly the face of the NYK is ludicrous. Amare is not healthy, so this is all accurate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kartyea View Post
    1) Stop acting like Melo was the problem on defense, when did the guy he was guarding torch him??? It didn't happen the guy who Melo guarded never was the guy killing us on D it was always the opposing guards and power forwards. And for the record any player with a post game without it would be a jump shooter you're grasping at straws with that. And of course you wouldn't know Melo can play defense under Dantoni he doesn't preach it, and It's hard to play defense when everybody has the green light to shoot before your defense can even get set, all that does is give teams fast break points!!!

And no Melo's Offensively wasn't bad because Stat was in the paint it was because he had a coach who refused to adjust the offense so both can get their proper touches where they want the ball. All you mentioned was a coaching problem and it changed soon as Woodson took over, Melo was better each game under the now coach on offense and Lin nor Stat was gonna dull his shine.

And for the record, because it seems to me you are a hater more than a critic Lebron had to adjust his game on the Heat to score and to win, I really don't know what basketball you're watching because you lost me with that one.

As far as him doing better in certain games, you can say that about every star in the league in a few games during the season, in other words It's purely speculation everyone has bad games. But like I said when you're a star on a team and everybody has the green light you would only get dejected, everyone is jacking up shots in the beginning of the shot clock makes it hard to play defense you could barely get set. In street basketball if someone kept jacking up shots like that before the defense gets set they might get punched in the face.

As for not trying you don't know what that is because you keep trying to absolve the coach of responsibility. You must've never played ball in a park before because this is the best example I can give you. If you are running up and down the court and the guys you were better than kept shooting before you can touch the ball, or jacking up shots that always led to the other teams easy buckets eventually you'd punch somebody in the face or you're effort level would drop.
    1.) I'm not going to waste my time typing out all the small forwards Carmelo has had to match up against. But go figure that there is far less talent at the small forward position than there is at the point guard spot in the NBA.

2.) People were getting on Lin's case because he wouldn't pass it to him in his "sweet spot." Well, what exactly is his sweet spot? While Lin and Anthony played together under D'Antoni and Woodson, Anthony got around the same amount of shots and still played horribly. Facts and statistics show that once Lin and Stoudemire got injured, Melo's field goal percentages went up; but I'll get to the percentages later.

3.) I was pretty upset with D'Antoni not holding the team accountable on the defensive end of the floor. There's only so much yelling that Tyson and Woodson can do without the authority of the coach.

4.) How exactly does Mike D'Antoni adjust the offense even more for Carmelo? What did you want him to do? It was clear that even if Lin gave the ball to Melo in a 1-on-1 situation on the wing, that Carmelo would miss his takes. Face the facts and admit that Melo struggled on the field for a stretch. It happens to everyone.

5.) I mentioned this earlier, but I will be a bit more blunt about what I said: Melo stunk with Lin and Stoudemire around. Mike Woodson took over from the Portland game and had Lin and Stoudemire in the lineup until the Pistons game. Melo shot 39% from the field. During this ten game stretch, Melo has shot about 50% from the field. Further proof that it wasn't the coach, it was Melo all along.

6.) I don't see anyone rushing to punch JR Smith in the face, as much as I'd like to. JR Smith chucks the ball before the defense gets set and he does it often. It makes my eyes bleed and I literally want to chuck my remote at the television. Yet, we see threads clamoring for heroics and love for J-Swish... Oh please...

7.) D'Antoni didn't coach defense. I hate to admit it, and in hindsight, everyone was right about him. He never got in anyone's face about defensive assignments or blown coverage. He wasn't the right guy for this team. That's fine. I just find it ironic that Melo picks up the defensive play when the new coach is in town and is ready to kick *** and take names.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiansFan337 View Post
    Anybody that is debating that is clearly a hater and just doesn't like Melo.

I feel that Melo is extremely overrated. He has proven nothing different in the NBA.

But to say he isn't clearly the face of the NYK is ludicrous. Amare is not healthy, so this is all accurate.
    Extremely overrated??? SI and Espn started out the year claiming guys like Pau Gasol and Zach Randolph are better than Melo. Are you kidding, their isn't a player that receives more bias hate than Melo.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msc43 View Post
    1.) I'm not going to waste my time typing out all the small forwards Carmelo has had to match up against. But go figure that there is far less talent at the small forward position than there is at the point guard spot in the NBA.

2.) People were getting on Lin's case because he wouldn't pass it to him in his "sweet spot." Well, what exactly is his sweet spot? While Lin and Anthony played together under D'Antoni and Woodson, Anthony got around the same amount of shots and still played horribly. Facts and statistics show that once Lin and Stoudemire got injured, Melo's field goal percentages went up; but I'll get to the percentages later.

3.) I was pretty upset with D'Antoni not holding the team accountable on the defensive end of the floor. There's only so much yelling that Tyson and Woodson can do without the authority of the coach.

4.) How exactly does Mike D'Antoni adjust the offense even more for Carmelo? What did you want him to do? It was clear that even if Lin gave the ball to Melo in a 1-on-1 situation on the wing, that Carmelo would miss his takes. Face the facts and admit that Melo struggled on the field for a stretch. It happens to everyone.

5.) I mentioned this earlier, but I will be a bit more blunt about what I said: Melo stunk with Lin and Stoudemire around. Mike Woodson took over from the Portland game and had Lin and Stoudemire in the lineup until the Pistons game. Melo shot 39% from the field. During this ten game stretch, Melo has shot about 50% from the field. Further proof that it wasn't the coach, it was Melo all along.

6.) I don't see anyone rushing to punch JR Smith in the face, as much as I'd like to. JR Smith chucks the ball before the defense gets set and he does it often. It makes my eyes bleed and I literally want to chuck my remote at the television. Yet, we see threads clamoring for heroics and love for J-Swish... Oh please...

7.) D'Antoni didn't coach defense. I hate to admit it, and in hindsight, everyone was right about him. He never got in anyone's face about defensive assignments or blown coverage. He wasn't the right guy for this team. That's fine. I just find it ironic that Melo picks up the defensive play when the new coach is in town and is ready to kick *** and take names.
    I got to go for a short day's of work today in a bit. But

GAME.SET.AND MATCH to msc43. The red highlights are the dagger points. The LeBron point was @kartyea's win homie. But the rest, that felt like setting up the game winning shot to this debate.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Extremely overrated??? SI and Espn started out the year claiming guys like Pau Gasol and Zach Randolph are better than Melo. Are you kidding, their isn't a player that receives more bias hate than Melo.
    It's alright I'm glad he is too because he will always have this in the back of his mind.

vCash
    While I was in the crowd which supported Melo during his slump, I really dislike the tendency to proclaim the team as "Melo's Team" or "Amare's Team" or "Chandler's Team." Mediocre teams which barely make the playoffs might be subject to being one player's team. But for the next level - true championship contenders - that concept needs to be abandoned. I always believed that the Knicks never won a championship with Ewing because it was always "Ewing's Team." In the end of the game you always knew where the ball was going. You always knew what the play would be. And so, the opposing team always knew what it had to do on defense.

When you are blessed with Melo, Amare, Chandler, and yes Iman, on the same team, we should not limit the team by proclaiming itself to be one man's team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1627 View Post
    While I was in the crowd which supported Melo during his slump, I really dislike the tendency to proclaim the team as "Melo's Team" or "Amare's Team" or "Chandler's Team." Mediocre teams which barely make the playoffs might be subject to being one player's team. But for the next level - true championship contenders - that concept needs to be abandoned. I always believed that the Knicks never won a championship with Ewing because it was always "Ewing's Team." In the end of the game you always knew where the ball was going. You always knew what the play would be. And so, the opposing team always knew what it had to do on defense.

When you are blessed with Melo, Amare, Chandler, and yes Iman, on the same team, we should not limit the team by proclaiming itself to be one man's team.
    Kobe has 5 Rings.. Jordan has 6 rings.. And you always knew they were getting the ball in the clutch... If they decided to pass then they passed but you knew where the ball was going.. So I am not sure why that would be a bad thing..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    I got to go for a short day's of work today in a bit. But

GAME.SET.AND MATCH to msc43. The red highlights are the dagger points. The LeBron point was @kartyea's win homie. But the rest, that felt like setting up the game winning shot to this debate.
    yep, MSC43 hit the bullz eye on those comments in red.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kartyea View Post
    Your doing yourself a disservice if you think defense is simply not letting your man score on you. Thats about 1/50th of team defense. Kash summed up the part on Melo's D very well last night. Its always been the little things, the intangibles, the 50-50 balls that Melo slacked on D. Nobody ever said it was him not letting him man score in 1 on 1 situations. It was hustling for loose balls, helping on D and jumping back to your man, rotate and sacrifice your body, closing out HARD on shooters and not jogging back with a hand up etc...

This is really the worst time to have a Melo debate. Dude is playing his *** off on both ends, there should be no complaints until we see the bad things that were a reality and not manufactured in Lin fans heads like you guys seem to believe, rear their ugly head. Right now were on a roll and its all cause of Melo + our D. All good in my book. Lets keep on winning and get healthy.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 04-13-2012 at 11:02 AM.

vCash
    And anyone who watches great defensive teams knows that 1 guy not hustling can and does kill an entire teams defense. If 4 guys rotate but on the kick out the last man stands there, doesn't hustle his *** of to contest the shot and the guy drills an open 3, thats a bad defensive possession because of 1 guy. Not saying Melo was the reason our D wasn't as good, but all it takes is one lazy close out, 1 dogged rotation to turn a good defensive possession into a bad one.

Add that up over the course of the season and you have Melo's rep as a defender in DEN. It was never 1 on 1 defense, it was the overall hustle and tenacity on that end for every possession. I for one won't judge him on his DEN defense, and other than the Mike D losing streak that got him canned, I haven't seen Melo slack much if at all on D since he's been here.

vCash
    Going to the Heat game on sunday. I'll be wearing one of my many 'Melo jerseys. I'll probably go classic orange and white.

**** the critics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Going to the Heat game on sunday. I'll be wearing one of my many 'Melo jerseys. I'll probably go classic orange and white.

**** the critics.
    You need to go-Throwback Melo Syracuse jersey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    You need to go-Throwback Melo Syracuse jersey
    Thats the plan.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast