1 3.13%
  • Good Guys

23 71.88%
  • (>'_')>O

8 25.00%
Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1638
    Quote Originally Posted by shammyguy3 View Post
    Yeah, oh wait.... you like to troll now? it was obvious that Watson won us this game, and i have no problem admitting that. Fact is though, this happens to every player in the league. Last night just so happened to be Watson's turn. Last game versus Miami, it was John Lucas. Other nights it will be Noah, or Gibson. Sure, let's look at this one game to masc the fact that for the season he still has a ****** ts% and efg% and ORtg.

Here's a good example for Hinrich:
    February 8th versus the Pacers, he goes 7/9 from the field for 17 points and 4 assists in a 10 point victory. The only other player that showed up for the Hawks that game was Josh Smith (Joe Johnson shot 8/23 with 8 assists).

Here's a good example for Ridnour:
    January 16th versus the Kings, he goes 10/14 from the field for 25 points and 9 assists in a 13 point victory.

Sometimes Kozy, you really are ridiculous.
    No it's not. Were Ridnour or Hinrich taking the shots when no one else was willing or were they taking within the offense. That's a big difference Shammy that guys like me, Toovs and Rosh are trying to explain to you.

You don't seem to understand the fact that we need that catalyst, that guy who has the balls to take shots and carry this team when Rose can't. CJ and Lucas can, Rose can't. They aren't always the most efficient, but it's games like these where you truly realize their value and if they are slumping you just pull them out. I'd rather have at least one guy like that than all 5 who show no willingness to take the chance on a tough shot unless they have an open shot.

You won't agree anyway, but this is a textbook example where stats just don't tell you the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    No it's not. Were Ridnour or Hinrich taking the shots when no one else was willing or were they taking within the offense. That's a big difference Shammy that guys like me, Toovs and Rosh are trying to explain to you.

You don't seem to understand the fact that we need that catalyst, that guy who has the balls to take shots and carry this team when Rose can't. CJ and Lucas can, Rose can't. They aren't always the most efficient, but it's games like these where you truly realize their value and if they are slumping you just pull them out. I'd rather have at least one guy like that than all 5 who show no willingness to take the chance on a tough shot unless they have an open shot.

You won't agree anyway, but this is a textbook example where stats just don't tell you the whole story.
    This.

Wait a second... Rose can't? Stop right there

Quote Originally Posted by shammyguy3:21755026

Wait a second... Rose can't? Stop right there
    I hope you realize that I obviously meant Ridnour or Hinrich...

The same can be applied to them, especially Ridnour.

2011/2012 Season
    20+ point games:
    Ridnour: 6 out of 53 games
    Hinrich: 1 out of 40 games
    Watson: 5 out of 42 games
    Lucas: 3 out of 45 games

Ridnour: 17.8 usg% 33.0mpg
    Hinrich: 14.3 usg% on 26.0mpg
    Watson: 23.2usg% on 23.0mpg
    Lucas: 25.8 usg% on 14.0mpg

10-19 point games
    Ridnour: 30 out of 53 games
    Hinrich: 9 out of 40 games
    Watson: 19 out of 42 games
    Lucas: 9 out of 45 games

2010/2011 Season
    20+ point games:
    Ridnour: 7 out of 71 games
    Hinrich: 3 out of 72 games
    Watson: 1 out of 82 games

10-19 point games
    Ridnour: 36 out of 71 games
    Hinrich: 37 out of 72 games
    Watson: 5 out of 82 games

Ridnour: 17.7 usg% 30.4mpg
    Hinrich: 16.7 usg% on 30.0mpg
    Watson: 21.4% on 13.3mpg
    Show me some stats that show how many contested shots each of those 4 players have, a ratio of contested shots versus open shots, and so on. I can't find those, but if you show me that there's a huge disparity between the numbers for those 4 players, then fine. The only thing that helps your argument is the minutes per game and usg% bit, but i don't see any "contested vs uncontested shots" comparison anywhere. So sorry, i just disagree that Hinrich and especially Ridnour can't match Watson's production while providing a better floor general bit.
    Last edited by Shammyguy3; 04-14-2012 at 01:28 AM.

I hope you realize that I obviously meant Ridnour or Hinrich...
    I know you wouldn't say something silly like that about Rose

?

Finally got a chance to watch this game and all I can say is, Wow!

Although the free throws are still worrying me.

Sunday i am going to see it LIVE!

OH YEAH!

I have to agree here. Stats don't tell everything, all they are are just numbers.

You need both snipers & killers to win a title. A killer is a fearless shot maker & to be effective he must also snipe well enough to draw a crowd to his shot. Both Lucas & Watson did that in beating the Heat the last 2 times. Hinrich & Ridnour are not killers. They are snipers. They will shift the burden to other Bulls if they don't have a high % shot. That's fine on a team with killers at other spots. The Bulls are not that team.

The Bulls killers are their PG's. Rip certainly has shown he can be a killer in the past, but he has not played enough with the Bulls to be considered one now. Everyone else is a sniper. They are more likely to give up the ball than take a contested shot. That's why it's really only the Bulls PGs that draw a crowd on their shots. When you draw a crowd to your shot, you reduce the odds of the other team getting a DR. That is the intrinsic value of a killer on a team.

This was no more evident than in the NBA Finals last yr. The Heat went into that series with defined roles. Lebron was the elite sniper & Wade was the elite killer/closer. The killer often leads his team in shots. Wade avg'd just over 20 in the first 4 gms. The Heat lost 2 by a combined 5 pts. Wade was 13-20 in G4 but missed in the end. Spoolstra changed their roles. In G5, Wade took just 12 shots. Lebron faced with being the closer took 19 & was 0-4 on 3's. The Heat lost that game by 9. Did Spoolstra switch it back? No. Part of Spoolstra's job is team pyschologist. In G5, he told an elite sniper to become a killer & he failed miserably in the role. What's Lebron likely to do? Second guess himself even more in the next game. Lebron did just that. Wade was on pace to finish with 12 shots before the desperation bell rang. Lebron deferred more to Chalmers who fin 5-12 incl 2-7on 3's.

Again the NBA is not a science lab. Emotions play a BIG part in this game. Mess with them in a bad way & you set your team up for failure. Thib has shown a better understanding of this in this season than any other coach in the NBA. For that reason alone he deserves b2b COY wins but politics will probably prevent that from happening.

"Yo Killer, kill!"

I watched the game the other day and you guys have a really good backup pg in CJ Watson. He's a good spot up shooter too. I also like JLIII a bit and his "you can't hold me" shot over Lebron made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad IBCB View Post
    Finally got a chance to watch this game and all I can say is, Wow!

Although the free throws are still worrying me.
    Ya that drives me nuts. They are FREE, you should make all of them.