Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Al on his rehab.

vCash
    I'm not counting on him being a factor in the playoffs, just because the conditioning would be rough for any player after this much time away from the court. But it would be huge; they could use his double-doubles now more than ever.

vCash
    If we can resign him, Josh Smith has made big al expendable..But question is, what is his value?

Not 2 many centers in the league better than he is...So Id ask for either 2 1st or a top notch PG or sf.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Representa View Post
    If we can resign him, Josh Smith has made big al expendable..But question is, what is his value?

Not 2 many centers in the league better than he is...So Id ask for either 2 1st or a top notch PG or sf.
    The thought has crossed my mind. 2 1rst and expirings ( creating room for a run at DH in 2013), would work if Atl could some how upgrade at center or PG in the process.

vCash
    Just a question Atl.......

Would a trade of Horford and our 1rst to No for their 2 1rst round picks do it for you?

Maybe draft Drummond with the top pick and PJ3 with the second 1rst rounder?

This does ruin my Tony Wroten plan though. It should also open up the room needed to make a run at DH after 2012/2013..... Assuming we find a taker for Marv's player option year or we convince him to opt out.
    Last edited by SB75; 04-13-2012 at 06:17 PM.

vCash
    Even though I wouldn't wanna give up our 1st, I would more than likely..Big Al fan but we are never gonna win a championship with two pf's in our starting 5

vCash
    Calling Al "expendable" is the wrong way to view this situation. The reason why Al or Josh is likely to get traded this offseason isn't because of lack of height or on-court limitations, it's because of escalating salaries (specifically Joe's). Less sexy version of the Lakers' issue -- having to trade Pau this upcoming offseason since Kobe's salary is about to go through the roof even though he's in decline.

The Hawks have two athletic bigs who can pass, score, defend, and (usually) never get hurt -- that gives them an advantage over most teams if the coach works the matchups correctly. Al is a 16p/10r per game player and hasn't even entered his prime yet, while Josh is finally reaching his potential to some extent. Both of them are young, but the finances are a problem.

It's messed up that they would have to get rid of one of the two good young players entering their prime just because they might be unwilling to publicly admit a mistake by dumping another player (Joe) who has been in sharp decline the past three seasons, but that's the bed they made for themselves.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 04-14-2012 at 03:47 PM.

vCash
    Yeah expendable is the wrong word and I understand the premise and idea around trading him so it just about preference for ownership between these two guys. I think as everyone has said that they can agree that without getting a "superstar" to play with Al then your going to have to trade one of them.