Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    i have a 15 now and am pretty happy with that. ive never had any experience with a 13 or 17. but im thinking 17 will be more then i need.

i know i want at least and i5 maybe i7 since im pretty hard hard on processing.

since budget isnt an issue for me, im thinking i may push for higher specs so its doesnt get out dated as fast
    the step up from i5 to i7 is not much of a big deal but then again if you wanna spend the extra cash and dont have a budget by all mean get one. You should stick with 4GB of RAM anything over that is a waste IMO. I have Intel HD 3000 graphic on mine. I think most laptop have that graphic card in most laptops

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    yeah now i need just to decide on a brand and stuff like that. i hate the track pads they are putting out now. its all one unit, my track pad now has separate buttons for the left and right click. thats nice but hard to find now

vCash
    So i have been looking at i5 processors with 4+ gigs of ram. But i was wondering if there is a certain minimum speed i should be chasing with the i5. Ultrabooks have i5's with less speed and notebooks have faster cpu's i was wondering if there was a noticeable difference. My Dou 1.66 seems slow at times, but im not sure if that is becuase its old or i only have 1 gig of ram.

also could i get some opinions on brands. i have been noticing Acer, Asus, Lenovo, and Tosiba have been popular. And id like some more insight

vCash
    So i have been looking at i5 processors with 4+ gigs of ram. But i was wondering if there is a certain minimum speed i should be chasing with the i5. Ultrabooks have i5's with less speed and notebooks have faster cpu's i was wondering if there was a noticeable difference. My Dou 1.66 seems slow at times, but im not sure if that is becuase its old or i only have 1 gig of ram.

also could i get some opinions on brands. i have been noticing Acer, Asus, Lenovo, and Tosiba have been popular. And id like some more insight
    Let's put it like this.

1 GHZ of processing power = 1 billion calculations per second.

so a duo core 1.6 is about 3.2 billion.

my quad core I7 up to 2.9 GHZ at 4 cores plus hyperthreading = 8 cores.

8 cores at 2.9 GHZ = almost 24 billion.

vCash
    yeah damn, a lot has changed over the years

vCash
    I posted ths in the Mac thread

Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    SO from that I assume you are getting the entry level one.

That's a dual core 2.8 GHZ with 4 GB Ram and 500 GB HDD.

Ill compare that to a Dell ( the second most overpriced company next to apple.)

You can get the same specs on a Dell for 500$

http://www.dell.com/ca/p/laptops.asp...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn

You can get double the processing power ( 4 cores up to 3.1 GHZ ) double the RAM ( 8GB ) and double the HDD space ( 1TB) for 800.

Not to mention a larger screen at 15"....

There is no reason to buy a Mac unless it is for work related programs that do not come on PC. Even then your work should supply the computer.

vCash
    yeah i have been looking the past few days, still have no idea. i hate the track pads though. mine has nice separate buttons for the left and right. my broters and dads is all one item and i find that cheap and annoying

vCash
    Just by a decent mouse?

vCash
    Yeah for the price you'll pay for a top of the line i5, you can spend a little more and get a top top i7. I personally, would rather have the i7 than the i5 JUST IN CASE. Besides, if you get a quad core i7, you'll have more than enough power for atleast 4-5 years.

And the trackball thing? I dunno about that one. I HATE trackballs in general. all of them. They never felt right to me. I bought a wireless logitech mouse. Perfect for me and perfect for just laying back and browsing.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyru View Post
    Yeah for the price you'll pay for a top of the line i5, you can spend a little more and get a top top i7. I personally, would rather have the i7 than the i5 JUST IN CASE. Besides, if you get a quad core i7, you'll have more than enough power for atleast 4-5 years.

And the trackball thing? I dunno about that one. I HATE trackballs in general. all of them. They never felt right to me. I bought a wireless logitech mouse. Perfect for me and perfect for just laying back and browsing.
    CPU processing power doubles every 18 months so doubt it, prob 3. If your not gaming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    CPU processing power doubles every 18 months so doubt it, prob 3. If your not gaming.
    Technically it is just the number of transistors and with the advances in RAM, it is probably going to become exponential as opposed to leveling off as many predicted. We are moving closer and closer to faster RAM and a RAM-like HD (similar to what SSD is now).
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Technically it is just the number of transistors and with the advances in RAM, it is probably going to become exponential as opposed to leveling off as many predicted. We are moving closer and closer to faster RAM and a RAM-like HD (similar to what SSD is now).
    Well I was talking about moore's law, which also applies to pixels in camera's and memory capacity.

vCash
    yeah i have been looking the past few days, still have no idea. i hate the track pads though. mine has nice separate buttons for the left and right. my broters and dads is all one item and i find that cheap and annoying
    Microsoft Intellimouse, or a Deathadder(what I have) are two good choices.

****ing love my mouse. I'd have sex with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post

2x for Deathadder I have one as well, and for 40$ you can't go wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post

yeah i have a microsoft Intellimouse, i freaking love it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast