Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think anyone outside of possibly Yakupov is going to be able to step in next season and make an impression. Whoever the Leafs draft is going to need seasoning so no one should be counting on the kid to come in and make a difference. Next season is the time for a guy like Kadri, Colborne, and Frattin to step up and contribute. They've had pro seasoning.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    I could see the Jackets taking Forsberg too. Murray is probably the guy they SHOULD pick but after acquiring Jack Johnson, not so sure they use a top 2 pick on a defenceman.

I don't think they'll take a Russian, even though Galchenyuk isn't REALLY Russian...he's only sort of Russian...but I still don't see them taking a Russian. However, I could see Montreal taking Galchenyuk. Grigorenko might be too much of a question mark for them.
    The Columbus GM Howson was at the last 5 regular season Sting home games and all the playoff games (home and away). He was there to watch Yakki and Gally first hand. I think Gally impressed him enough to be taken with the 2nd pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    I don't think anyone outside of possibly Yakupov is going to be able to step in next season and make an impression. Whoever the Leafs draft is going to need seasoning so no one should be counting on the kid to come in and make a difference. Next season is the time for a guy like Kadri, Colborne, and Frattin to step up and contribute. They've had pro seasoning.
    Well said...couldn't agree more...time to give them a chance

vCash
    I'm all for Kadri and/or Colborne to step in. Colborne wouldn't shock me if he starts in the AHL again. But someone's going to be buried if this happens. Connolly, Lombardi, Armstrong.

vCash
    I think a lot of people are under the mindset that whoever we draft at #5 is going to step in and be the Saviour right off the bat. Fat chance. Maybe in 3yrs they'll be ready to help out, but as an 18-19yr old you've got to be an absolute star to even have a chance with the men and whoever the Leafs pick up won't be. Kadri and Colborne have no excuses next year. They'll be 22 and should be gunning for minutes. They've been held down in the minors the way that most youngsters with their talent levels should be, so they can develop.

Who's position they take i'm not sure. I think with the bodies moving this summer some room might be created with multiple players involved in deals for upgrades if possible.

vCash
    We'll need to move bodies out to make room for upgrades. Tough part is that we have to move them. Not alot of guys are coming off the books this offseason and we're up against the cap as it is.

Pugnacity.

vCash
    Lupul - colborne- kessel
    kulimen- grabo- kadri

OR

kulimen - Grabo- kessel
    Lupul - Colborne -kadri

thats what i suggested before. i say give them a season with top-6 minutes to prove themselves, if they absolutley suck move them down to the third.

Burke MUST do 1 of two things with them, either : trade them both; or give them both top-6 minutes for a full season. If they are incredibly bad move them to the third line, but 1 more season of bozak as the #1 centre and i'm going to lose it.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    We'll need to move bodies out to make room for upgrades. Tough part is that we have to move them. Not alot of guys are coming off the books this offseason and we're up against the cap as it is.

Pugnacity.
    i'm willing to bet burke buries at least 2 contracts in the minors. He cant move Komi and get value, same goes for army. I could see a team taking a shot on connolly and lombardi, but other than that its iffy.

Mac will be gone
    Schenn looks like he will be gone

also is anyone else pissed that were still paying tucker? i mean ****, whens that guna come of the books. jeez

vCash
    ^
    Lol @ Tucker. I know he's not Burke's mistake. But he comes off the books at the end of next season or the season after. I mean didn't we just stop paying Ed Belfour last year or the season before lol. Lombardi finally played a full season after monster head problems. I believe it didn't allow him to train full out for this season. This offseason he'll have his chance to do that finally. He might be the only guy I have a little faith in out of the whole Connolly, Armstrong, Pylon Komisarek group. I can honestly see us moving Schenn or Franson this offseason. That ensures Pylon doesn't go anywhere off our roster.

vCash
    i hope gardiner is doing dishes at the schultz household. trading the 5th pick,schenn and franson for an impact forward and signing schultz would be a nice offseason imo.

and Belfour lmao. you mean he was still on our cap a year before he was inducted to the hall. omfg.

Ferguson

vCash
    Could be wrong about Belfour being a year or two ago still a cap hit. But it's pretty damn close.

vCash
    How does it look like schenn will be gone???You must have an inside source i guess hahaha

vCash
    We said it's our opinion that Schenn or Franson will be traded to bring back something we need. We don't need a source to have an opinion. Huge swing and miss there rockstar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post

Pugnacity.
    Burke can't go with a youth movement this far into his tenure...he needs to produce and produce now

vCash
    ^
    See this is where the fact that's he(Burke) is desperate. And scares the hell out of me.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast