Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i wonder if when a canadian team finnally wins the cup again, who do they go see?

it's been soooo long. lol. I'd say F U to obama too, but i'm canadian.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    They go to Ottawa. Whatever country the team plays out of.

vCash
    I bet they'd take schenn, Gardner, and reimer for the pick, but I can't see Burke making that trade.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    That last press conference with Burke, IMHO, sealed his fate. I fully believe he is on borrowed time with new ownership coming ob board in the summer, and if there hasn't been significant progress and re-visioning going on when the new MLSE chairman takes his seat, I could easily see Burke gone. Rogers/Bell are winning companies, and I doubt they want to inherit a loser...even if that loser makes them millions...both those companies have pride and a legacy (especially Bell).

The way Burke threw Wilson under the bus in his last press conference..."Ron and I weren't on the same page with style of play and personnel." Then he went on to suggest that now Randy has to pick up the failed pieces of Wilson's coaching strategy and the negative influence and broken confidence left behind. Well guess what Burkie...as the GM YOU'RE the one that provides the coach with the players and overall vision as to how you want to build and play. If Wilson had a different game plan that clashed with yours...why did you keep him around for 3+ years when it was apparent it wasn't working? The coach can only work with the parts given to him, and the GM is the one who supplies those parts.

It's been a circus of instability since MLSE/Ontario's Teachers Pension Fund took over the Leafs, and until they infuse competent ownership, it will continue. Burke goes on-and-on about Wilson being a great coach and pumps his tires, yet when the fans start to revolt, he throws his buddy under the tires...although not before seeing the writing on the wall and giving him 1+ million in walking cash. Then he brings in his other buddy, Carlyle, who seems to also be the wrong fit for this team. Carlyle is a veterans coach of an established team with strong veteran influence...not the 2nd youngest team in the league with zero confidence and almost zero leadership and work ethic. I can almost guarantee this chapter will end the same way Wilson's did...Carlyle getting canned before his contract ends and someone having to come in under intense pressure to clean up the never-ending mess.

vCash
    doesn't bell own a small portion of the habs?

isn't their a conflict of interest there?
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    I think Bell used to but sold it all.

vCash
    People think Edmonton taking Yak would make the draft, how about trading back and having 2 or potentially 3 picks in the first round? Now that would be a steal.
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

vCash
    ^
    Where do those first round picks fall? And regardless of where they fall, you do realize the significant drop off in talent after Yakupov? There's 4 or 5 others after him that i'd say play B to his A. Not knocking those players, but he's head and shoulders the best. The Oilers are taking him. But let's get these ridiculous trade ideas knocking around again..

Josh Leivo, 2 6th rounders and a 3rd for Yakupov..

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I see Columbus drafting Galchenyuk with the 2nd pick leaving Montreal with Grigorenko and then the Isles with Ryan Murray...unfortunately the talent takes a bit of a dip after Murray...the only way the Leafs are getting a legit 1st line center prospect is if they can move up to 2nd or 3rd...probably not going to happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I see Columbus drafting Galchenyuk with the 2nd pick leaving Montreal with Grigorenko and then the Isles with Ryan Murray...unfortunately the talent takes a bit of a dip after Murray...the only way the Leafs are getting a legit 1st line center prospect is if they can move up to 2nd or 3rd...probably not going to happen
    I'd be happy with forsburg then.

vCash
    I don't know if the Leafs are in a situation to take on another 2nd line center...they already have Grabovski and Connolley eating up a decent portion of the cap...Gagner is a RFA this year and will probably get between $3.5 to $4.0 a season...what I personally think the Leafs need up the middle is a legit number 1 and a 3rd line physical shutdown center
    I didn't mean we would be interested, I meant they would be...

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    I didn't mean we would be interested, I meant they would be...
    I totally agree...sorry...thought you were saying the Leafs should be interested...my bad

vCash
    Yakupov said the other day he would be honored to play for the Oilers and thats who he hopes drafts him.

I saw it on Twitter I think Dreger retweeted it.

Anyways, that makes it seem more likely that he ends up in Edmonton which makes things even less interesting.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    It won't happen especially if Edmonton plans on taking Yakupov.

if Grigorenko and Gally are gone come the Leafs pick assuming they remain in the five spot I don't care who they draft because Forsberg IMO isn't going to help right away, I am not sold on him anyways.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    I could see the Jackets taking Forsberg too. Murray is probably the guy they SHOULD pick but after acquiring Jack Johnson, not so sure they use a top 2 pick on a defenceman.

I don't think they'll take a Russian, even though Galchenyuk isn't REALLY Russian...he's only sort of Russian...but I still don't see them taking a Russian. However, I could see Montreal taking Galchenyuk. Grigorenko might be too much of a question mark for them.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast