Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash

Tyler Biggs leaving college

I really don't understand why high draft picks take the US college route. They should be playing in the CHL. Looks like Biggs finally smartened up. I hope he plays in the OHL next year so I can check him out in person.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...-college-early

vCash
    Soneone on here said burke wants him with the marlies...dont know if i believe that

vCash
    The AHL is more his style from what I've saw. However, in the AHL, for the Marlies, he'd have a lot less minutes than the AHL. The Marlies are a solid team, with some good veterans and kids.

If you're Biggs, which one do you choose? Interesting.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    The AHL is more his style from what I've saw. However, in the AHL, for the Marlies, he'd have a lot less minutes than the AHL. The Marlies are a solid team, with some good veterans and kids.

If you're Biggs, which one do you choose? Interesting.
    The AHL is more his style? Playing against older and better players and getting limited ice time. Isn't that the reason he's leaving college. He should talk with D'Amigo and ask him how jumping from college to the AHL worked for him.

vCash
    It burns a year off his ELC if he plays with the Marlies, I wouldn't see the point. I'm a bit surprised he left the NCAA, he seemed pretty keen on staying in college. The OHL is the right route for him. The CHL in general is a great development league especially for a guy with the skillset of Biggs. A bruising power forward who can skate. Problem is, he needs to find his scoring touch. He was and still is a project. Has the potential to be a gem.

vCash
    not 100% sure but Biggs could sign a tryout/ELC and play for the marlies right now. Thats what i meant when i said Burke wanted him with the marlies.

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Does Oshawa have his rights?

that's probably best for him. Then get him a few Marlies games at the end of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    The AHL is more his style? Playing against older and better players and getting limited ice time. Isn't that the reason he's leaving college. He should talk with D'Amigo and ask him how jumping from college to the AHL worked for him.
    thats not the reason. Late in the season his ice-time increased and he was given more of a top-6 role on his team. Limited ice-time is not the reason he's leaving. He was already told by his coach that he was going to lean on him in his sophmore year.

I think he either wants to prove he can play against men in the AHL, and speed up his development to earn bigg (see what i did there) bucks in the NHL or light up the OHL and prove he can be a Milan Lucic type.

From what ive read his NCAA program was more about strength and conditioning then offense. And from what ive seen Biggs is a horse, so maybe he felt it would be better to play in a more offense-oreinted program.

I'd be suprised if he wasn't in the marlies line-up for these playoffs

vCash
    Truculence.

vCash
    Maybe Biggs is failing his classes? He's in an Ivey league school (says on their wiki; no idea if true) and didn't expect to pass his classes and meet the criteria to stay on the team?

Or maybe this is a showcase for Biggs? precursor to a trade?
    Biggs season is done and maybe the leafs want to see what he could do at the AHL level

longshot but its a possibility.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 05-03-2012 at 09:36 AM.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/#%21/WeissFC

anyone know this guy? he's reporting that Biggs signed an ELC

Andrew Weiss‏@WeissFC

Tyler Biggs has signed his ELC with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

vCash
    Biggs isn't failing anything lol... he wants to leave college it's actually a great thing. However, I don't think playing with the Marlies is a good idea. He should go to the OHL and play with Oshawa... is that who owns him?

Anyways yeah I think that's best for him. Play a whole year at the OHL level. He'll be mandhandled in the AHL.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke2; 05-03-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    It's no one's "style".... He's a young kid he needs the proper development and that begins with playing a full year at the OHL. The Leafs need to be smart with this kid...

Throwing him into the AHL won't help anything. Yes D'Amigo did it and he was being tossed around, left to play with Kitchener, and now he's one of the Marlies best players.

Biggs to the OHL!

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    It's no one's "style".... He's a young kid he needs the proper development and that begins with playing a full year at the OHL. The Leafs need to be smart with this kid...

Throwing him into the AHL won't help anything. Yes D'Amigo did it and he was being tossed around, left to play with Kitchener, and now he's one of the Marlies best players.

Biggs to the OHL!
    How bigg is jerry??isnt he kind of small (see what i did there hehehe)

what is bigg's weight and height??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    How bigg is jerry??isnt he kind of small (see what i did there hehehe)

what is bigg's weight and height??
    Hahaha.

Yeah D'Amigo is a small guy. He's listed as 5"11 but I saw him play he's definitely shorter without skates. With skates about 5"10.

His listed weight though is 208... that's buffy for a small guy.

Biggs is a big kid, he's 6"2-6"3 and he's about 210 in pounds.

With size like that he could blossom during a full season with the OHL.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast