Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Body Revolution 30 minutes want to add an other exercise

Hello
    I am out of shape, 6' 260 lbs age 41. I have always exercised, commuted to work by bike,swim regularly, and have lifted weights all my life. Yet, over the last few years I have suffered from anxiety, and gained alot of weight.
    I recently started the 90 day boot camp called " Body Revloution ". Its a challenging program it is 30 minutes 6x a week. Should I add an other form of exercise or should the video series be enough ?

I would like to commute to work again or ride a bike for an hour per day, would that be enough ?

vCash
    I would do the program by itself without adding in anything else. Otherwise you may not know if the program is working for you or not.

Riding a bike to work is great! I would recommend it if you can do it. It's not necessarily about the time you do cardio, but the intensity. So if you are bike riding, I would suggest moderate pace to work so you dont feel groggy at work. But after work on your way home, kick it up a notch. Such as do a fast pace for a few blocks, then slow it down to a moderate pace to catch your breath, then fast pace again after a few blocks. If there are hills where you live, I would recommend trying to ride uphill a few times.

But lets also not forget that you can do all the cardio and P90x programs you like, but at the end of the day if your diet is not adjusted, you will regain the weight eventually.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Thanks. One thing also, I am going to cheat. I went to a DR who will prescrible diet pills and supplements for 90 days. Its cheating but that is the only way I ca adhere to a low calorie low carb plan to establish a period of " feel good weight loss ".
    I live and work in NYC and my speed is dictated by the traffic around me more so then my desire to go fast or slow. But weather permitting I will ride and one the weekends I will try to swim an hour or two. Perhaps instead of watching my favorite sports team I will go out and listen to them on the radio and walk for an hour or two. That is a possibility as well. Thanks for your response.

vCash
    I was born and raised in NYC. Worked on 23rd and lex for several years. I know all about the traffic situations and how hectic in general the City is. Boy do I miss it
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Boy do I miss it
    Come back bro!!

"I am built for power, not for speed."--Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Thanks. One thing also, I am going to cheat. I went to a DR who will prescrible diet pills and supplements for 90 days. Its cheating but that is the only way I ca adhere to a low calorie low carb plan to establish a period of " feel good weight loss ".
    I live and work in NYC and my speed is dictated by the traffic around me more so then my desire to go fast or slow. But weather permitting I will ride and one the weekends I will try to swim an hour or two. Perhaps instead of watching my favorite sports team I will go out and listen to them on the radio and walk for an hour or two. That is a possibility as well. Thanks for your response.
    Instead of wasting money on a doctor, grab OxyElite Pro. It will destroy your appetite and its not expensive.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller