Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
    vCash
    The A's have had internal problems with Burlington for the last 2 years, and are determined not to go back. I have been asked to keep quiet about these circumstances, so I will not expand on them. Burlington has had the lowest attendance in the MWL for the last 23 years.

vCash
    As it turns out, the A's get Beloit, the Cardinals move back to Peoria and the Angels go to Burlington.

vCash
    Sano and Rosario are playing much better defensively in the instructional leagues: http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/...s_min&c_id=min
    Also, Kyle Gibson is back in Arizona, pitching for Peoria. He is doing pretty well there: http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

vCash
    Awesome news. I think it kind of supports our belief that Rosario and Sano perhaps should have been moved to Ft. Myers during the season if their biggest issues lied in their defense. They should have been in Florida with the teams top instructors.

The Twins have a terrible middle infield situation heading into next year, but if Rosario's defense proves reliable, it's not out of the question that he could be in Target Field sometime next year. The Twins rarely promote three levels in a year, but he should only one stop away from AA and the Twins are known to grab guys directly from New Britain. If the team starts off poorly and Gardenhire and Ryan start feeling the heat, I'm not going to discount the fact that they could call up the team's best middle infield prospect since Christain Guzman or Todd Walker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Awesome news. I think it kind of supports our belief that Rosario and Sano perhaps should have been moved to Ft. Myers during the season if their biggest issues lied in their defense. They should have been in Florida with the teams top instructors.

The Twins have a terrible middle infield situation heading into next year, but if Rosario's defense proves reliable, it's not out of the question that he could be in Target Field sometime next year. The Twins rarely promote three levels in a year, but he should only one stop away from AA and the Twins are known to grab guys directly from New Britain. If the team starts off poorly and Gardenhire and Ryan start feeling the heat, I'm not going to discount the fact that they could call up the team's best middle infield prospect since Christain Guzman or Todd Walker.
    It would be nice to see Rosairo up next year with the big club, but I think give him one more year in the minors at AAA and have him earn his way up, unless he blows everyone away with amazing spring training numbers. But I feel give him a bit more time to develop, hes gonna be a very solid player for us very soon.

vCash
    Also seeing Guzman's name in that last post brought back some solid memories of the early 2000s Twins. Those were some good days back then.

vCash
    Sano played alot better after Molitor spent a week working with him last summer. I'm sure the guys at the minor-league complex in Ft Myers will be able to help him and Rosario work out some of their difficulties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Sano played alot better after Molitor spent a week working with him last summer. I'm sure the guys at the minor-league complex in Ft Myers will be able to help him and Rosario work out some of their difficulties.
    That's both encouraging and disappointing. If Molitor is skilled enough to help Sano stick at 3B defensively, why is Terry Ryan so quickly dismissing him as a full-time member of the Twins coaching staff after Molitor said he was interested?

Ryan said Molitor wasn't a fit, that makes me think the issue is Ryan and/or Gardenhire would fear the leverage he would wield should the team struggle again next year. If the cynic in me is correct, that means Ryan is still most concerned with organizational harmony and job security.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    That's both encouraging and disappointing. If Molitor is skilled enough to help Sano stick at 3B defensively, why is Terry Ryan so quickly dismissing him as a full-time member of the Twins coaching staff after Molitor said he was interested?

Ryan said Molitor wasn't a fit, that makes me think the issue is Ryan and/or Gardenhire would fear the leverage he would wield should the team struggle again next year. If the cynic in me is correct, that means Ryan is still most concerned with organizational harmony and job security.
    Well said.. Molitor seems to be the best inhouse option for Gardy, Somone who will get the fan base pumped!!! So having him up with the big club will create tention in the media, Twins never go for that kind of PR!! I didn't even think about it like that untill you mentioned it.. Thanks!!!!

vCash
    Molitor is definitely a "threat" to Gardy, so obviously he won't be added to the coaching staff. He'd be a great 3B coach or bench coach, however. I'm sure they'll keep him around as a roving minor-league instructor, or take a chance on losing him to the Brewers.

vCash
    Looks like Kyle Gibson is back in form. He's 2-0 in 2 starts with 16 Ks in 10 innings. He hasn't walked anyone.
    Hopefully, this will continue and he'll be a part of the rotation next season.

vCash
    I would think the Twins will handle Gibson like the Nats handled Strasburg this year. I can see him pitching about 150 innings, being skipped every time there is an off-day next season and being shut down in September.

vCash
    Also sounds like Hicks is tearing the cover off the ball in the Venezualan winter league. Though I don't know that I'm entirely comfortable with one of our top prospects living in that kidnap happy country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I would think the Twins will handle Gibson like the Nats handled Strasburg this year. I can see him pitching about 150 innings, being skipped every time there is an off-day next season and being shut down in September.
    Knowing the Twins, they'll play the super-two game with Gibson and wait until June to bring him up regardless of results. Maybe they can be very mindful of his innings in Rochester to preseve his availble innings later at the MLB level assuming a call up.

vCash
    Super 2?? really??? I think the kid will be good, but super 2?? I think IF he is that good he deserves to be in our rotation, and if he isn't we have nothing to worry about.. and isnt he 25 going in to next season.. His rookie signing bonus has to be running out haha

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast