Overall statistics

Sano: .242 BA, 20 HR, 70 RBI, .849 OPS
    Hicks: .281, 10, 46, .827, 23 SB
    Rosario: .293, 7, 40, .834
    Harrison: .320, 3, 13, .875
    Buxton: .197, 3, 8, .702

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsohnasty View Post
    Catman, what are your thoughts on Benson? Can he be a big league everyday player for us? Hes always been listed as one of the top 5 or 6 prospects in the org but with Arcia and Hicks both playing well, where does Benson fit into all of that? It seems as though hes coming on lately, which I think most expected when he got over his early season injuries.

Buxton seems to be on a nice tear lately...I know its rookie ball, but I was under the impression that the competition he faced in HS was on the weaker side so its nice to see him hitting and picking up XBH
    Not really sure what to think right now. Last season, he did OK in the minors and showed flashes in September. I'll give him another shot this year. Hopefully, he'll come around again.
    Frankly, if he does well enough, the team might move him this off-season for a decent pitching prospect.

vCash
    Tonight, the Red Wings lost 8-5. Matt Carson hit a pair of 2-run homers and Liam Hendriks had his first really bad outing in AAA. He allowed 7 runs (6 earned) on 12 hits and 3 walks in 5 innings. He struck out 1.
    New Britain lost a double header, 5-4 and 6-0. Colabello homered in game 1. Arcia, Colabello and Benson all had 2 hits and Hicks was 0/3. Benson was 1/3 in game 2.
    Ft Myers lost 3-0, getting only 4 hits.
    Beloit won 10-4 with Kennys Vargas hitting a grand slam. Sano was 1/2 with a run scored and 2 driven in. Tyler Jones pitched 6.1 innings and picked up the win. He allowed 4 runs (2 earned) on 5 hits and 2 walks while striking out 11.
    E'ton won 5-0 behind Angel Mata (5 IP, 2 hits, 8 Ks), Kaleb Merck (2 IP, 2 hits, 2 Ks), and JT Chargois (2 IP, 1 K). Kepler was 1/4 with a run scored and 1 driven in.
    The GCL Twins won 4-1. Buxton was 1/5 with a double and a run scored. Rosario was 3/5 with 3 doubles, a run scored and 1 driven in. Jose Berrios started the game, pitching 4 innings, allowing no runs on 2 hits. He struck out 6. Austin Malinowski pitched 3.2 innings, allowed 1 run on 3 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 6 and picked up the win. Trent Higginbotham finished the game (1.1 IP, 1 walk) and picked up his 2nd save.
    The DSL Twins won 5-3.
    4-4 for the farm.

vCash
    Man, Arcia and Hicks are killing it lately. I hope they both get bumped soon, because there isn't much talent to get excited about in Rochester right now. I'd love to see these guys in there. Hopefully Sano isn't too terribly far behind. Nice to see him drawing some walks finally. Nobody wants to pitch to him, he finally figured out he doesn't have to swing either. He is going to be a HR machine once he gets to the bigs.

vCash
    Today, Rochester won 8-5. Matt Carson, Wilkin Ramirez and Rene Rivera all homered for the Redwings. Shairon Martis pitched 6.1 innings for the win and Lester Oliveros picked up the save.
    New Britain lost 8-3. Hicks was 1/3 with a double and Arcia was 1/4 with an outfield assist. Dakota Watts pitched 2.1 innings allowing 2 hits and a walk, striking out 1.
    Ft Myers won 11-3. Pinto homered, scored 2 runs and drove in 2. Michael Gonzalez hit a grand slam.
    Beloit lost 10-6, with 6 errors (2 by Sano). Sano was 1/4 with a double and 2 RBI. Kennys Vargas homered and drove in 2. Mason Melotakis allowed a solo homer in his inning and struck out 2.
    2-2 for the farm.

vCash
    Rochester is 53-56, 8 GB, 3-7 in their last 10.
    New Britain is 58-50, 6 GB, 3-7 in their last 10.
    Ft Myers is 19-19, 1 GB, 7-3 in their last 10.
    Beloit is 15-20, 6 GB, 4-6 in their last 10.
    E'ton is 27-12, 4.5 GA, 8-2 in their last 10.
    GCL Twins are 22-14, 3 GA, 6-4 in their last 10.
    DSL Twins are 22-25, 6 GB, 4-6 in their last 10.

vCash
    Tonight, Rochester won 7-2. Parmelee was 3/5 with 2 RBI. Pedro Florimon was 3/5 with 2 runs scored. Rene Rivera hit a grand slam. Esmerling Vasquez pitched 6 innings, allowing 2 runs on 4 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 6 and picked up his 5th win. Kyle Waldrop pitched the final 3 innings, allowing no baserunners and striking out 2 for his 3rd save. JC Romero pitched 1.1 innings for Columbus.
    The Eastern League was off today.
    Ft Myers lost 8-4. Anderson Hidalgo doubled in 3 runs. Miguel Munoz pitched 3 scoreless innings, giving up 2 hits and a walk, while striking out 4 in relief.
    Beloit won 5-3. Jason Wheeler started the game, pitching 5 innings, allowing a run on 6 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 4. Corey Williams picked up a save (his 15th), pitching 2 innings, allowing no runs on 1 hit and striking out 2. Sano was 2/4 with an RBI. Steven Wickens hit a 2-run homer (his 1st of the season) for the Snappers.
    E'ton won 5-3. Jorge Polanco hit a 2-run homer. Kepler tripled in a run. Luke Bard pitched a scoreless inning, giving up a hit and walking 1. He struck out 2.
    The GCL Twins won 3-1. Buxton doubled and scored 2 runs.
    The DSL Twins won 6-4. Pacheco was 2/5 with a triple and a run scored.
    5-1 for the farm.

vCash
    Vasquez was given a start right before the All-Star break, and I was wondering if it was simply because the Redwings were in a pitcher crunch due to the recent promotion of Hendriks? Deduno? De Vries? Blackburn? I can't remember which, who can keep track anymore.

However, this was his 5th start, it looks like the move to the rotation is a permenant thing as of now. He's too old to be considered a prospect, but his BB/9 has somehow actually improved while his K/9 has stayed around 9. So far this trial is working out fantastically.

vCash
    There are lots of stories about guys that have "blossomed". I hope this is one of them.

vCash
    Tonight, Rochester won 10-8 in 12 innings. Thielbar picked up the win in relief. Eric Hurley started the game and pitched 6 good innings. He gave up 2 runs on 6 hits and a walk. He struck out 4. Usually reliable guys, Turpen, Oliveros and Guerra gave up 6 runs on 8 hits and 2 walks in 4.2 innings. They struck out 1. Parmelee homered twice and Wilkin Ramirez hit a solo homer in the 12th inning. Eduardo Escobar (one of the kids the Twins got for Liriano) was 3/6 with a run scored.
    New Britain made the most of their 2 hits, winning 2-1. Colabello hit a 2-run homer and Hermsen, Jose Gonzalez and Bruce Pugh made it stand up. Pugh has an ERA of 0.66 on the season and picked up his 6th save.
    Ft Myers lost 5-4. Danny Rams hit his 4th homer of the season. Ryan O'Rourke and AJ Atcher pitched 4 innings of shut out ball allowing 4 hits and striking out 4.
    Beloit won 9-4. Rosario is back in Beloit and was 3/5 with a double, triple, 2 runs scored and 2 RBI in his return. Sano was 0/1 with an RBI. Kennys Vargas hit his 6th homer for the Snappers. David Hurlbut pitched 8.2 innings, allowing 4 runs on 10 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 7 and picked up his 4th win.
    E'ton was rained out.
    The GCL Twins won 6-1. Buxton was 1/4 with a triple, a run scored and 2 driven in.
    The DSL Twins lost 6-5 in 11 innings. Pacheco had 1 of the 2 triples the Twins hit.
    4-2 for the farm.

vCash
    If someone has a different philosophy than me let me know, but I don't see any reason Sano should be in Beloit any longer since teams have now turned to intentionally pitching around him three to four times a game. He got lucky tonight hitting a sac fly to knock in Rosario.

Its apparent Sano has enough pop in his bat and a good enough swing to handle Ft. Myers pitching but the big concern is his defensive ability. Yes, even I will admit its a problem. But its not like we are calling him up to the big leagues... there are better coaches in Ft. Myers and New Britain that can help Sano improve his fielding before he finally gets the big call in a few years.

Maybe other will disagree with me, but I just feel we are going to stunt Sano's growth letting him sit in Beloit any longer.

vCash
    I doubt few would disagree. Probably not going to happen though, the Twins never let non-collegiate players play less than 1 full season at Beloit. Even if the Twins feel sketchy about Sano's plate discipline and defense, what is their arguement against Rosario? His defense is greatly improved at 2B and he was just in Ft. Myers rehabbing, they should have saved themsleves a plane ticket and let him play with the Miracle! There was no reason to ship him back to Wisconsin other than to show the young guys that everyone's got to spend a year in purgatory if you didn't go to college.

vCash
    Tonight, Rochester was off.
    New Britain lost 11-3. Hicks was 1/4, Colabello was 0/4. Chris Herrmann was 3/5 with a homer and 2 RBI. Benson was 1/3 with a run scored and a double.
    Ft Myers lost 2-1. Daniel Santana was 2/4 with a double. Pinto was 2/3 with a double and RBI. Boer pitched 6 innings, allowing a run on 6 hits and 3 walks and 4 Ks. Michael Tonkin pitched an inning, allowing a hit and striking out 3.
    Beloit won 8-6 with Sano going 2/5 with a double, homer and 5 RBI. He also made his 36th error. Rosario was 3/5 with a double, run scored and 1 driven in. Melotakis got the win, pitching .2 innings, allowing 2 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 1. Zachary Jones picked up his 2nd save, pitching 1.2 innings, striking out 3.
    E'ton won 3-2 in 11 innings. Adam Walker tripled and scored.
    The GCL Twins lost 3-2. Buxton made a pinch hitting appearance and struck out.
    The DSL Twins lost 4-2.
    2-4 for the farm.

vCash
    To get into the Sano debate, I would agree that he would benefit more from facing better quality pitching and getting more individualized coaching from the staff in Ft Myers.

vCash
    Is Sano a guy though who could jump multiple levels next season if he stays in Beloit all year. Arcia is doing it this year and could very well be in the majors by the middle of next season and he started the year in FT Meyers. Could Sano be on a similair track, or is he going to take alot longer? Is there any way he stays at 3rd base? Isnt he like 6'3 230? Thats an awefully big 3rd basemen unless he is a complete physical freak of nature

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast