Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hicks is still listed as "active", but hasn't played in 10 days. Not sure whats up with him. I can't find any info on the Rock Cats' website, either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Arcia has been promoted to New Britain. Hopefully when Benson gets healthy, the Twins top 3 OF prospects will push each outher while playing alongsided each other every day.
    This is pure speculation but by calling up Arcia and releasing another player, Ft. Meyers is only at 23 active on their roster, could Sano be the next one to get the call? He has been in a slump lately but that is because pitchers are avoiding him at all costs, a call up might actually be good for him.

vCash
    Agreed. Sano needs to face pitchers that aren't afraid of him. Also, he'll get better defensive coaching at Ft Myers. Jake Mauer is a guy that could really help him with his footwork and throws. Most of his errors have been due to poor positioning on the ball and rushing his throws, IMO. When I saw him in person, he looked comfortable in the field, so I think a lot of his problems are caused by mental errors.

vCash
    Michael Tonkin has been lights out as the snappers closer. He'll probably get one of the spots. I would be very excited if Sano gets promoted too whether he deserves it or not.

vCash
    The GCL Twins started their season off this afternoon with a 5-3 loss. Felix Jorge was charged with the loss. Unfortunately Buxton wasn't in the lineup this afternoon, I couldn't find any additional information but assume he will be in the lineup in the next day or two.

vCash
    Rochester lost tonight 6-1 in a game that Evan Longoria DH'd in his rehab. Rene Rivera homered for the Red Wings' run. Steve Hirschfeld pitched the first 4 innings, allowing 6 runs on 13 hits and striking out 1. The bullpen pitched the rest of the game, allowing no runs on 3 hits and 5 Ks.
    New Britain was off tonight.
    Ft Myers started the 2nd half on the wrong end of a 2-1 game. Daniel Santana was 1/4 with a run scored and SB. Cole Nelson pitched 6.2 innings, allowing 2 runs on 5 hits and 4 walks. He struck out 4.
    The Midwest League is on its All Star break.
    As was reported, the GCL Twins lost 5-3 today. Byron Buxton and Dereck Rodriguez could be in the outfield together this summer.
    The DSL Twins were postponed today.
    0-3 for the farm.

vCash
    And, by the way, the team I help coach lost its double header tonight. Both games were close 1-0 and 5-4 and we could have won either game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And, by the way, the team I help coach lost its double header tonight. Both games were close 1-0 and 5-4 and we could have won either game.
    Sorry to hear that, at least the games were close. May I ask who you help coach for?

vCash
    My local high school. The kids are really willing to listen to an "old guy".
    I've got a SS thats a sophomore and could be a real prospect, if he can get some consistency. He's batting about .500, but last night, he messed up a couple of ABs with runners on base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    My local high school. The kids are really willing to listen to an "old guy".
    I've got a SS thats a sophomore and could be a real prospect, if he can get some consistency. He's batting about .500, but last night, he messed up a couple of ABs with runners on base.
    Thats cool! I played high school baseball and hope to get into coaching sometime in the near future hopefully. Maybe you should recommend he go to a local showcase to give him a little motivation.

vCash
    I played with a kid this year, he was a junior pitcher. He's verbally committed to Florida next year. Maybe some of you have heard of him if you are from Minnesota. Could easily be a 1st-3rd rounder. Sits at 91 and can get it up to 94 with a lot of movement. Has a nasty change up. Sometimes he gets under it a little bit but it is definitely a pitch he can use to get people out at the next level. He has a slider that is a little inconsistent but he throws it for strikes. Like is change up he can get under sometimes, but when he stays on top of it it is nasty. And he has a 2 seamer that he throws for strikes that is pretty dirty. So he has 4 pitches that he throws for strikes. 3 of the I would say are ready for the next level. His slider needs some work but can definitely be an out pitch. One of our games there was a Gophers scout/coach that was there he said that "this kid isn't ready for college ball next year... he's pro ready"... He had a back injury this year that really hurt his numbers and control and velocity when he tried to pitch through it in the section tourny. But when he was healthy he was basically unhittable. Anyways if he was there in round 2 next year I think he could be a nice starting pitcher. He's a really good kid. Stays out of trouble and works extremely hard. IDK how hard it would be to sign him away from Florida, he seems very excited about going there, but Im guessing if hes a top 50 pick the money would be there to do so.

vCash
    Tonight, Rochester lost 8-2. Wilkin Ramirez was 1/4 with a homer and 2 RBI and Valencia was 2/3 with a run scored. Luke French didn't have his best night, pitching 3.1 innings, allowing 6 runs on 8 hits and a walk. He struck out 1.
    New Britain lost 8-1. Hicks was back in the line-up, going 1/4. Evan Bigley was 3/3 with 1 RBI.
    Ft Myers lost 6-2. Danny Rams homered and Kyle Knudson was 3/5 with a double and run scored. Edgar Ibarra pitched 2.1 innings in relief, allowing no runs, 2 hits and a walk. He struck out 5.
    Tonight, the East all stars beat the West in the Midwest League all star game. Sano, Jairo Rodriguez, Tyler Grimes and Jonathan Goncalves all batted for the West, while Michael Tonkin, AJ Atcher and Jason Wheeler pitched. Atcher struck out 2 and allowed a hit to the 3 hitters he faced.
    Elizabethton lost 7-5 with Hudson Boyd picking up the loss. He pitched 3 innings, allowing 2 runs (1 earned) on 4 hits and 3 walks. He struck out 3. Max Kepler scored a run. Travis Harrison was 0/3. Rory Rhodes was 3/4 with a double, run scored and 2 RBI.
    The GCL Twins won 5-3. Dereck Rodriguez was 3/3 with an RBI. Buxton didn't play again.
    The DSL Twins won 4-3.
    2-3 for the farm.

vCash
    Tonight, Rochester won 7-6 scoring a pair in the 9th to seal the deal. Wilkin Ramirez hit a 2-run walk-off homer for the victory. Matt Carson homered earlier in the game.
    New Britain lost 9-4 in a game that Garrett Cole won for Altoona. Whatever was bothering Hicks seems to be behind him. He was 3/5 leading off. He doubled and tripled, scoring 2 and driving in 1. Colabello was 2/4 with 2 RBI. Arcia was 1/4 with a double and run scored. Daniel Turpen pitched an inning, striking out 1 and Bruce Pugh pitched an inning, striking out 2.
    Ft Myers won 7-3 with Boer picking up the win. Kyle Knudson was 3/5 with a run scored and 1 driven in. Daniel Santana was 2/4 with an RBI. Daniel Ortiz was 2/4 with 2 runs scored.
    The Midwest League is still on their all star break.
    E'ton won 10-0 with 4 triples as a team. Niko Goodrum hit a couple and scored 2 runs, driving in 3. Mason Melotakis (just drafted this season), pitched an inning, striking out 2.
    The GCL Twins won 6-2. Dereck Rodriguez was 1/1 with a run scored.
    The DSL Twins won 3-1.
    5-1 for the farm.

vCash
    Rochester lost 14-8. Brian Dinkelman and Clete Thomas homered. Caleb Thielbar is now pitching at Rochester. He pitched an inning, allowing a hit, a walk and striking out 1.
    New Britain won 5-3. Arcia was 1/3 and Evan Bigley homered again. Has he turned into a prospect? Hicks was 0/4. Aaron Thompson started and won, pitching 6.1 innings, allowing 3 runs on 8 hits. He struck out 2. Daniel Turpen pitched 1.2 innings, allowing no runs, hits or walks and striking out 1. Bruce Pugh pitched an inning, picking up a save. He allowed a hit and a walk, striking out 2.
    Ft Myers won 9-5, Pat Dean won, pitching 5.2 innings, allowing 5 runs on 9 hits. He struck out 5. Michael Tonkin (promoted from Beloit) pitched 2.1 innings, allowing 1 hit, 2 walks and striking out 3. Dakota Watts pitched an inning, allowing a hit and striking out 1. Kyle Knudson was 3/5 with a double, 2 runs scored and RBI. Daniel Ortiz was 2/5 with a triple, run scored and 2 RBI.
    The Midwest League is still on their all star break.
    E'ton won 7-2 with Rory Rhodes homering, scoring twice and driving in 2.
    The GCL Twins won 8-4. Aderlin Mejia (SS) was 1/4 with a double, run scored and 4 driven in. Dereck Rodriguez was 0/4 with a run scored.
    The DSL Twins won 4-2.
    5-1 for the farm.

vCash
    Oswaldo Arcia is going to represent the Twins in the futures game over the all star break in KC.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast