Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Rochester was rained out tonight.
    New Britain won a 12-inning pitcher's duel 1-0, allowing only 2 hits. Bromberg started and pitched 5 innings, allowing 1 hit and 1 walk, striking out 8. Bobby Lanigan pitched a couple of innings allowing a hit and striking out 2. Lester Oliveros pitched a couple of innings, striking out 2. Luis Perdoma pitched 2.2 innings, striking out 4 and picking up the win. Caleb Thielbar finished the game, walking 1 and picking up a save. Hicks was 2/4 with a SB.
    Ft. Myers lost 2-1, with Wilken Ramirez going 3/4. Adrian Salcedo left the game after only pitching to 2 hitters. No report as to an injury yet.
    Beloit also threw a shutout, winning 7-0. Jason Sheeler (a LHSP) threw 6 innings, allowing 2 hits and a walk, striking out 7. Sano was 2/3 with 2 RBI. Rosario was 1/3.
    2-1 for the farm.

vCash

Eddie Rosario

I know they were talking about moving him to 2nd... But on the Twins website it still shows him as an OF, I also saw he wasn't hitting well early on in the year and is now back where we thought he would be.. Was 2nd just a pipe dream or is it really still in the cards??

vCash
    Catman will have to verify, but from my understanding, Rosario has been at 2B almost exclusively and it seems like he is transitioning well despite a few expected errors.

vCash

Eddie Rosario

This http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...=t_ibp&cid=554 shows him as an OF and I cant find his fielding stats anywhere.. PLEASE let me know if anywhere has them and if it can be confirmed he is at 2nd

vCash
    Try Baseball Reference
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=rosari001edd

20 games at 2B, only 3 in the outfield. If you go through the Twins site affiliated with MLB dot com you'll see all kinds of position errors. Darin Mastroianni and Deibinson Romero are listed as first baseman, Mastroianni hasn't played there once this year. On the Twins affiliates home page, the headline is still about a Sano performance from two weeks ago. I'm guessing the Twins need some help managing their webpage. Shocking I know. You'd think they would be pretty good at it considering they are so damn good at managing the rest of the organization.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Catman will have to verify, but from my understanding, Rosario has been at 2B almost exclusively and it seems like he is transitioning well despite a few expected errors.
    That's correct. He has played most of his games at 2B this season.
    To get to tonight's action.........
    Rochester lost 5-2 with Revere going 3/5 with a double and Rivera and Dozier each going 2/4 (Rivera had a double also).
    New Britain won 6-1 in 12 innings with BJ Hermsen pitching 7 innings, allowing 4 hits and a walk. He struck out 5. Caleb Thielbar pitched 2 innings, allowing 3 hits and a walk. He struck out 1 and picked up his first win. Daniel Turpen finished the game, pitching an inning allowing a hit and striking out 2. Hicks went 1/4 with a run scored.
    Ft. Myers lost 9-3. Oswaldo Arcia was 3/4 with a triple and a run scored.
    Beloit had the night off, giving the farm a 1-2 night.

vCash
    To start off tonight's post, I want to thank whomever stuck the thread.
    Rochester lost 2-1. Revere was 1/4 as the DH. Deolis Guerra pitched 1.1 innings allowing 2 hits, no runs, no walks and 3 strike outs.
    New Britain won 5-4 with Colabello hitting a 3-run homer and finishing 2/5. Hicks was 0/3.
    Ft. Myers won 2-1 in 11 innings on a single by Arcia. Bruce Pugh picked up the win in relief and Cole Nelson got the save.
    Beloit won 6-5 tonight (I'll be going to see them play tomorrow so they are likely to get shut out -- just kidding). Sano was 3/5 with 2 runs scored and 2 driven in (2 errors). Rosario was 0/4 with another error at 2B. Rory Rhodes was 2/4 with a homer.
    3-1 for the farm.

vCash
    I don't suppose you know if Sano's and Rosario's errors this year are mostly due to the glove or the arm?

vCash
    Rosario is a 2nd baseban. The errors are due to the players playing first. Rory rhodes is there half of the time (hes 6'6) and then they often put a lot shorter guys at 1st. I think part of it is a lack of comfortability with the firstbaseman.

vCash
    After seeing the part of the game that was played tonight, I'm not sure what the fielding problem is. Sano looked comfortable at 3B. Rosario didn't play, but he looked like he has a good arm during the pre-game warm ups. The Snappers were ahead 2-1 when the game was suspended in the bottom of the 3rd inning due to rain. Sano drove in a run in the 1st with a ground out. It will be completed tomorrow.
    On a side-note, I got Sano, Rosario, Tyler Grimes, AJ Atcher, and Corey Williams' autographs. They were all very gracious and willing to sign. Sano had to warm up, but finished signing for kids before the game.
    Rochester won 4-3 with Darin Mastroianni was 3/5 with 2 runs scored and 1 driven in. Revere was 2/4 with an RBI. Jeff Manship pitched 3.1 innings, allowing 1 walk and striking out 4, picking up the win. Slama struck out the 2 guys he faced for the save.
    New Britain lost 5-4. Hicks was 1/5 with an RBI.
    Ft. Myers lost 5-0 with Arcia going 1/3.
    1-2 with a suspended game (due to rain).

vCash
    It's becoming difficult to see why Matroianni is in AAA and Clete Thomas is still on the Twins bench.

vCash
    Mastroianni impressed the brass in the spring, but not enough to make the team. I see some big changes in the offing for the Twins. Hendriks may trade places with Diamond. Guerra may make an appearance in the bigs after the all star break. Span and Marquis may be dealt for some decent prospects. Slama should make another appearance in Minneapolis as well.

vCash
    I wonder how close Sano is to the Majors. Next year possibly?? Cuz i hear Danny is on the market

vCash
    Checking Sano's stats, I see his walk rate has doubled while his strikeout rate has stayed the same. That tells me he is getting more walks not because his eye has improved but because teams are pitching around him. If that is the case he absolutely needs to be moved to Ft. Myers. He needs to be challenged by pitchers closer to his skill level.

vCash
    Tonight, the Red Wings won 3-0, with Scott Diamond pitching 3 innings, allowing 3 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 2. Esmerling Vasquez pitched 3 innings, allowing 1 hit and striking out 3. He picked up the win. Slama pitched the 9th, allowing 2 hits and a walk. He struck out 2 and picked up the save. Revere was 1/2 with an RBI.
    New Britain lost 4-3. Hicks was 0/1 in a pinch hitting role. Deibinson Romero was 3/3. Lester Oliveros pitched 2 innings, striking out 5.
    Ft. Myers lost 6-1. Arcia was 2/4 with a double and RBI. Levi Michael was 1/4 with a run scored.
    Beloit split their double header with Cedar Rapids, losing the suspended game and winning the night-cap. Sano was 2/4 with a homer in the first game and again in the 2nd game. Rosario didn't play in the first game and was 2/4 with a couple of doubles in game 2. He played CF.
    2-3 for the farm.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast