Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We got home a bit faster than I thought we would, so here goes:
    Rochester beat Lehigh Valley 3-2 with Ben Revere scoring 2 runs and Matt Carson driving in 2. Scott Diamond won, throwing 7 innings, allowing 2 runs (none earned) on 4 hits. He struck out 4. Casey Fien picked up the save with 2 innings of 1-hit ball.
    New Britain was rained out.
    Ft Myers lost 9-8. Oswaldo Arcia homered and tripled, going 4/5.
    Beloit lost 6-3. Sano was 1/4 and Rosario was 3/4 with 1 RBI. Madison Boer pitched 6.2 innings, allowing 2 runs (both earned) on 3 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 2.
    1-2 for the farm.

vCash
    Diamond is putting up pretty strong numbers, but I heard he has stranded 90% of his baserunners. No way that can continue. Still, it wouldn't be surprising to see him replace Liriano in the rotation soon. Just hope the front office doesn't expect the same results.

vCash
    Agreed. There is talk around the Twin Cities that Liriano will be put on the DL with a shoulder "injury" and sent to Rochester or Ft. Myers to work the kinks out. If that happens, I expect Diamond to be the first call-up.

vCash
    Rochester had the night off.
    New Britain lost 5-3. Hicks went 1/4 with a run scored.
    Ft. Myers lost their game 10-6 despite homers from Daniel Santana, Lance Ray and Michael Gonzales.
    Beloit lost as well, 6-1. Sano went 1/3 with a double and Rosario went 1/4.
    Overall, not a good night for the farm.

vCash
    Rochester was rained out tonight.
    New Britain won their game 7-6 with Hicks going 1/5 and Chris Herrmann homered. Deolis Guerra picked up the win throwing 2 innings, allowing 1 hit and striking out 5. Looks like he may have found his niche.
    Ft. Myers won 7-1 behind BJ Hermansen (5 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 2 Ks). Daniel Santana was 3/5 with a double and 2 runs scored. Levi Michael was 3/4 with a triple and 3 runs scored. Pinto was 1/3 with 3 RBI. Michael Gonzales homered.
    Beloit won 8-0 with Tim Shibuya pitching 5.2 innings, allowing 8 hits, walking 1 and fanning 5. Sano was 0/4 with a walk and a run scored. Rosario was 2/5 with a double, a run scored and an RBI. Daniel Ortiz was 3/5 with 4 RBI.
    3-0 for the farm.

vCash
    Good to see Guerra figuring it out in the pen. The Twins have a few long time farmhands who could soon reach the majors after so many years in the minors. Devries and Robertson are looking pretty good so far in Rochester too.

vCash
    Rochester lost tonight 10-5. The bullpen allowed 6 runs in the 8th. Mastroianni was 3/4 with 2 runs scored and 2 RBI.
    New Britain lost 7-3. Luke French pitched pretty well for 6.1 innings, but the pen didn't do very well.
    Ft. Myers lost 6-2, only getting 4 hits.
    Beloit won 9-3. Sano and Rosario were 0/8 with 3 Ks.
    1-3 for the farm.

vCash
    Rochester lost 3-2. Matt Carson homered and Anthony Slama pitched a tidy inning. Jeff Manship started and looked OK -- 4 innings, 2 hits, 1 run, 2 walks 1 K.
    New Britain was off.
    Ft. Myers won a 3-hit gem by Marty Popham, Ricky Bowen and Caleb Thielbar. Popham went 5.2 innings, allowing 2 hits, 3 walks and 4 K's. Bowen pitched 2.1 innings, allowing a hit and striking out 3. Thielbar pitched an inning, allowing no hits, walks and no K's. Michael Gonzales drove in the 2 runs with a 2nd inning single.
    Beloit won 8-3 with Sano going 1/2 with a triple and 2 walks. He scored 3 runs. Rosario was 3/5 with a double, a run scored and 2 RBI. He made his 6th error at 2b.
    2-1 for the farm.

vCash
    Rochester lost 7-3. Darin Mastroianni was 3/4 and Aaron Bates was 2/4. Anthony Slama pitched 2 innings, allowing no runs on 1 hit and a walk. He struck out 5.
    New Britain lost 5-4 in 13 innings, Andrew Albers pitched 6 innings, allowing 2 runs on 8 hits and a walk. He struck out 6. Aaron Hicks was 2/6 with his 4th homer and 3 RBI.
    Ft. Myers lost 3-2 with Daniel Santana tripling in both runs.
    Beloit won 6-3 with Sano going 1/5 with a double and Rosario going 1/2 with 2 walks. Rosario also made an error at 2B. Madison Boer picked up the win.
    1-3 for the farm today.

vCash
    Rochester lost 4-3 with Joe Benson driving in 2 of the runs with a homer. Deolis Guerra has moved up to Rochester and pitched 3 innings, allowing no runs on 2 hits and a walk. He struck out 2.
    New Britain lost 5-3 with Hicks 1/3.
    Ft. Myers lost 4-0 with both Angel Morales and Oswaldo Arcia going 2/4 with doubles.
    Beloit lost 7-3 with all the runs scoring in the 2nd inning. Sano was 0/3 and Rosario was 1/4 with a double. Sano made an error (his 5th). The bullpen pitched the last 7.1 innings, allowing 5 hits and a walk while striking out 7.
    Bad day for the farm. On a side note, I hope to see the Snappers play in Cedar Rapids this Thursday. If I can make it, I'll let everyone know what I think of the kids.

vCash
    Nice, make sure to tell Sano and Rosario they are needed at Target Field ASAP, so stop giving the front office any excuses and cut the errors.

Seriously though, with all the talk about Sano being moved from Beloit early, Rosario may even have a better case. His defense is shakey, but expected from a position change, but does he have a handle of the strike zone or what? His K rate in rookie league last year was a reasonable 20% last year, in Beloit it has dropped to 12% and his walk rate is exceptional, up from 9% last year to 16%.

Keep it up Eddie, you're looking like the Twins future leadoff hitter.

vCash
    Rochester lost today 8-2. Diamond didn't have his best stuff. Revere went 1/4 and Benson tripled and scored in 4 ABs.
    New Britain won 5-2 with Hicks going 1/4 (with a SB) and Logan Darnell picking up the win, going 6.2 innings, allowing 2 runs on 7 hits and a walk. He struck out 8. Daniel Turpen finished the game, allowing no baserunners and striking out 2 in 2.1 innings. He picked up a save.
    Ft. Myers lost 5-1. Daniel Santana and Levi Michael were both 2/4 and Oswaldo Arcia was 1/3 with a walk.
    Beloit won 4-3. Shibuya pitched well for 6.1 innings, allowing 3 runson 5 hits. He struck out 11 and didn't walk anyone. Michael Tonkin allowed 3 hits and a walk in his 1.2 innings (he struck out 2). Corey Williams picked up the win, throwing an inning, allowing a hit and striking out 1. Rosario tripled in his 4 ABs and Sano scored a run, going 1/4 as well.
    2-2 for the farm.

vCash
    I saw that Guerra got called up to Rochester. Hopefully he can keep it up and make it to the Twins sometime this summer or at latest September!

vCash
    I'll bet Guerra will get a shot this year. I think he's out of options next season, so if the Twins want to know if they gained anything from the Santana deal, they are going to have to soon see if he can handle the big leagues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    I'll bet Guerra will get a shot this year. I think he's out of options next season, so if the Twins want to know if they gained anything from the Santana deal, they are going to have to soon see if he can handle the big leagues.
    Agreed.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast