Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Brian Dozier went 2/5 in a Redwings' 5-2 loss. He is now hitting .441.
    Colabello hit a couple of doubles today, and Aaron Hicks hit another, driving in a run (he also stole a base). The Rock Cats won their game 7-6, despite a tough 9th for the bullpen.
    Ft Myers won 8-7 with Angel Morales, Josmil Pinto and Daniel Rohlfing hitting homers. Morales was 4/5. Levi Michael is hitting .300 so far.
    Beloit lost 4-3. Rosario and Sano both were 2/5. Rosario made his 4th error at 2B.

vCash
    Rochester lost today, 3-1.
    New Britain 3-0 behind Luke French's pitching and Chris Herrmann's homer. Chris Colabello was 1/3. Deolis Guerra threw a tidy 8th inning and Lester Oliveros allowed a hit in the 9th, picking up a save. French pitched 7 innings, allowing 2 hits and 3 walks, striking out 3.
    Ft. Myers won 11-6. Daniel Rohlfing was 3/5 and Josmil Pinto was 2/4 with 2 doubles.
    Beloit won 5-2 with Sano going 1/3 with his 4th homer and 2 RBI. Rosario was 0/3 with an RBI.
    3 out of 4 today for the farm.

vCash
    I haven't been this excited about the farm system in nearly a decade. I wonder if Hicks could actually overtake Benson in the race to a major league starting gig. It would have seemed laughable a month ago, but they are both defensively sound and Hicks has a history of better plate discipline, a trait the Twins obvioulsy hold in high regard.

vCash
    Me too, Nick.
    Rochester won today 5-3. Revere went 1/5 and scored a run. Nishioka went 2/5 with an RBI and a run scored. Scott Diamond won the game with 6 innings pitched, allowing 9 hits, 3 runs, 1 walk and 4 Ks.
    New Britain won 10-5 with Colabello and Pedro Florimon homering. Daniel Turpen picked up the win.
    Ft. Myers lost 5-1, getting only 3 hits in the game.
    Beloit was rained out today.
    2-1 for the farm, with the big club doing well in New York.

vCash
    Rochester won 4-2 with Dozier driving in a couple of runs and Slama getting a save.
    New Britain won 6-3 with Colabello hitting a couple of homers, driving in 3.
    Ft. Myers lost 4-0.
    Beloit split a double header with Sano homering in the first game (the loss).
    3-2 for the farm tonight.

vCash
    Thanks Catman. I really hope Hicks and Sano progress

vCash
    Rochester got 2-hit by Scranton/Wilkes-Barre tonight, losing 2-0. Nishioka and Matt Carson got the hits. Cole DeVries pitched pretty well, certainly well enough to win most of the time.
    New Britain lost 2-1, wasting a great performance by Steve Hirschfeld who went 7 innings allowing 3 hits and striking out 7. Hicks went 1/3.
    Ft. Myers had the night off.
    Beloit won 6-3 with Rosario going 2/3 with a double and 2 RBI. Sano was 0/3. Steven Gruver pitched 6 innings, allowing 9 hits, 1 walk and striking out 3. He won his 1st game of the season.

vCash
    I heard a rumor Sano went deep again. The Twins ALWAYS keep non-collegiate prospects at Beloit for an entire season. If he's got 20HR by the all-star break, no way can they resist a promotion.

vCash
    Rochester lost to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre again tonight 5-3. Mike Hollimon homered and tripled, scoring 2 runs.
    New Britain lost 6-5 to New Hampshire. Evan Bigley tripled, scored 2 runs and drove in 2.
    Ft. Myers lost 2-1 in 10 innings with BJ Hermsen pitching well for 7 innings (allowed 5 hits and 1 walk, striking out 6. James Taillon won for Bradenton. Daniel Rohlfing went 3/4.
    Beloit lost 12-10. Sano homered and went 2/4. Rosario went 2/5. Sano now has 6 homers for the Snappers.
    0/4 on the farm tonight.

vCash
    By the way, Nick, I agree with you in a way about Sano. It would be great to see what the kid can do against better pitching, but he's only 18, so there isn't a huge rush.

vCash
    There's no rush, but the game shouldn't be deprived of a player because the Twins want to avoid arbitration until he is older. If everyone had to wait until they were 21 (or in the Twins case 22) until they got to the majors, Ted Williams wouldn't be part of the 500 HR club, Ken Griffey Jr. would not be part of the 600 HR club and Robin Yount would not have gotten 3000 hits.

Based on his defense and strikeout rate, Sano is clearly not ready for prime time, but there is no reason he cannot work on those skills in Ft. Myers since his key attribute, his power, has already shown to be ready. It's doubtful he will be in a class with those HOFer's but I don't think it's good for the game to promote based on contract control.

vCash
    Again, I agree with what you are saying. I would like to see what he can do against better pitching.
    Tonight's action showed the Red Wings winning 5-2 with Drew Butera driving in 2.
    New Britain won 7-3 behind a pair of 3-run homers -- Deibinson Romero and Pedro Florimon -- and 2 solid innings each by Deolis Guerra and Daniel Turpen (who picked up his 2nd win).
    Ft Myers lost their game 4-3. Adrian Salcedo pitched 5 decent innings, allowing 3 runs (2 earned) on 6 hits and 3 walks. He struck out 4. Josmil Pinto (a catcher) hit his 2nd homer.
    Beloit won 13-3. Sano went 4/5 (3 doubles) driving in 2 and Rosario went 2/5 driving in 2 -- he also made his 5th error of the season.
    3-1 for the farm.

vCash
    Looks like the Twins have a decent catching prospect in Pinto. He's 23 and has been playing professionally for 6 years. He throws out 32% of potential base-stealers, so if he can hit, he can move up quickly.

vCash
    Anything in Niko Goodrum? I have high hopes for him

vCash
    Looks like he'll be returning to E'Ton this season. He hasn't played an official game yet. Likely playing extended spring training games, where you can get 6 ABs and play various places in the field in the same game.
    Tonight, Rochester was rained out.
    New Britain beat New Hampshire 4-1. Hicks was 2/3 with a triple and run scored. He's hitting .276 for the season now. Andrew Albers pitched 7 strong innings, allowing the run on 5 hits and 7 Ks. Bobby Lanigan pitched the last 2 innings allowing a hit and striking out 2 for the save.
    Ft Myers won 8-6. Pinto and Daniel Santana both were 3/5 and Levi Michael was 2/4 with a homer. Caleb Thielbar pitched the last 3 innings, allowing no runs, no hits, 1 walk and striking out 6 for the win.
    Beloit lost to South Bend 8-5 with Sano going 1/3 and Rosario going 0/1 with 3 walks. Wang-Wei Lin was 2/2 with a triple.
    2-1 for the farm tonight.
    Tomorrow, we're going to be out of town, going to a nephew's wedding in Minneapolis. I'll catch up on Monday, unless someone else wants to take the time to post game summaries.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast