Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Delmon Young 2.0

Gioncarlo Stanton is what Delmon should have been, huge power hitter from the right side of the plate.. We pulled the trigger to get troubled Delmon here, And I think we have enough to get Stanton.. But is it plausible for the twins??? I think so, we would have team control for like 5-6 years if i am not mistaken also he is dirt cheap right now and will be in his prime after Mauer is gone.. So we would have a new golden Boy.. It is not like the twins to trade for established names when they are $$$$$$ but when they come cheap.. Prospects become more expendable.. We did it when Delmon was affordable. I want us to, but don't expect us to on this one.. We would have to get a pitcher out of this so Nolasco makes sense.. Plus it helps The fish cut cost and we get another arm for our sub par rotation...

Twins Give up-- Sano, Harrison, Kepler, and A player to be named later (maybe being Buxton)

Marlins give up-- Stanton, and Ricky Nolasco

Thoughts???

vCash
    Interesting thought. Stanton would definitely be worth giving up a lot for. The Marlins are looking for young, controllable, cheap players and the Twins have quite a few guys that would fill the bill for them.

vCash
    A fun idea but I doubt the Twins add more outfield help. One would have to think the Twins would be required to give up on their new found pitching prospects to get him.

vCash
    I'd scream like a little girl if we actually got Stanton
    M.V.P.

Have Twitter? Follow me for everything sports! I'll follow back too if you tell me you're from this website!
    Just Click The Link---->@SportsGuy218

vCash
    and I'd scream period if we gave up Sano OR Buxton, let alone both
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    by mlb.com's prospect rankings by team

Sano #1
    Buxton #2
    Harrison #9
    Kepler #20

far too much to be giving up for most anyone IMO
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    and I'd scream period if we gave up Sano OR Buxton, let alone both
    and yes, this too!
    M.V.P.

Have Twitter? Follow me for everything sports! I'll follow back too if you tell me you're from this website!

vCash
    not gonna lie, i didn't read the whole post. I've been so excited for Sano to come up, I'd be depressed if the Twins traded him.

And Buxton too
    M.V.P.

vCash

I know..

Its a lot to give up!! (I dont think we would put Buxton in it).. I am just getting to the point where I know there will be no more fun signings so I keep my self going by throwing out Ideas that will never happen.. I just have a large mancrush on Stanton.. and the fact he is cheap and kinda available makes me salivate..

Are we all that high on Sano?? Matty, you know there are very few people I hold in higher regards then I do you, but is he THAT much of a phenom?? I have seen his swing, I have seen his power (NOT LIVE), I love him as a prospect!!! Yet, I think something might be missing... If I am wrong please call me out on it!! Are we thinking he will be the #1 prospect in MLB in a year or two??

vCash
    Sano has legitimate 80 power (on the 20-80 scale). The ball jumps off his bat.
    He needs to work on strike-zone judgement and pitch recognition, and his defense (of course). The coaches in Ft Myers should be able to get him on track to make his big league debut in a couple of years.

vCash
    -
    Last edited by MattyG; 02-22-2013 at 11:56 PM.

vCash
    Yeah.. Gardy has forgotten 100 times more baseball knowledge than I can hope to know I my life.. I won't quit my day job because I wouldbe out of a job faster then Bill Smith got one.. but thank you matty.. Sano, whatishis future line??

vCash
    Getting back to Delmon a bit. I am not a fan of his but....

Sign him back to a 2 year deal for peanuts say 3 mil per year. Then trade Willingham for a high end pitching prospect say Julio Teheran. Yes we do give up production but lets face it with our current staff we are going nowhere fast. Sets up our stafff for years to come and with our other studs coming up we should be a force for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray991 View Post
    Yeah.. Gardy has forgotten 100 times more baseball knowledge than I can hope to know I my life.. I won't quit my day job because I wouldbe out of a job faster then Bill Smith got one.. but thank you matty.. Sano, whatishis future line??
    Sano may end up in right field, due to his fielding problems. He still has a chance to improve at 3B. Most of his errors are because of technical problems -- bad footwork, poor judgement on throws, etc. I honestly expect him to work them out in Ft Myers this year. I expect him to play the full season there and get a couple of days a week to just work with the coaches on fielding. His hitting is coming along nicely. I'd like to see Rosario and Sano move together through the system, mostly because they seem to get along well and compliment each other well. Rosario is a potential #2 hitter and Sano is a potential cleanup hitter.
    This said, if the Twins were to include Sano in a trade netting a guy like Stanton, I wouldn't have a huge problem with it. Stanton is already what Sano may become and the Twins have Harrison that should be ready to play 3B at the big league level in a few years.
    Last edited by catman; 01-05-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast