Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 2013 Draft

vCash

2013 Draft

I know its a long way off, but I think it might be time to bring in another young catcher (high schooler Jon Denney maybe?). Picking him when the Twins draft might be a bit of a stretch, but he looks to be worth it.

vCash
    At this point the twins are in such shambles I don't know which way they should go. Would guess they try to get the best position player they could get in their spot.

vCash
    Very early prognosticators figure Appel, Stanek, and Manea are the top 3 pitching prospects, and the top position guys are Austin Meadows, and Clint Frazier. Apparently it is supposed to be a pretty deep HS catching class, and I've heard the 3b prospects could be good too.

Not sure who is the best fit for the 4th pick, but I wouldnt complain with any of those top 3 starting pitchers, or whoever is deemed BPA

vCash
    Last year people who didn't want to draft a pitcher used the "Take the best player available" arguement, though I did not necissarily agree that Buxton was in fact that player. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who prefer bats and will say the HS Georgia bats are the best players, but at this point I think most people will agree Stanek Appel and Manaea are equal if not better value.

vCash
    I would love for us to get Stanek, Appel or Manaea. I believe those three would be the best for us at 4. I mean in 2014 our rotation could be:
    1.) Vance Worley
    2.) Kyle Gibson
    3.) Alex Meyer
    4.) Stanek, Appel or Manaea
    5.) Trevor May
    thats quite a solid rotation imo.

vCash
    My big board at the moment would be

Appel
    Meadows
    Stanek
    Manaea

Also, idk when our 2nd pick is, but a hometown option would be Logan Shore RHP Coon Rapids HS. Sits 90-92 and can get his fastball up to 94/95... His offspeed need some work but he has the makings of a good slider, and his change-up made huge strides last year and is pretty advanced for a HS prospect. He's committed to play at Florida. I think he would be a good option in the first two rounds.

vCash
    I like the OFer from Red Wing also. He's pretty good and should be available in the 2nd round or later.
    The more I think of it, Denney should be available in round 2 also.