Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2012 -- Twins Minor Leaguers, Sano and Co.

Rochester won their game tonight 3-2 with Brian Dozier homering and driving in all 3 runs. Carlos Gutierrez got the win and Slama picked up a save.
    Aaron Hicks led the Rock Cats to a 6-3 win, going 2/4 with a homer and 4 RBI. Deolis Guerra pitched 2.2 innings, allowing 2 hits and striking out 1 to get the win.
    Ft. Myers won their game 3-1 with Edgar Ibarra pitching 2.2 innings, allowing 3 hits and striking out 2. Ricky Bowen picked up a hold and Bruce Pugh got the save. Jairo Perez homered for the Miracle.
    Beloit won 9-7 with Miguel Sano homering twice driving in 5 runs.
    A sweep for the farm teams.

vCash
    lets call them all up

vCash
    Sano now has 3 HR on the young season. Hopefully his defense is better and his K's are lower and he forces the team to promote him. It is very rare the team lets a non collegiate player spend less than one full season in Beloit. They made Mauer spend an entire year there.
    Last edited by nicksaviking; 04-10-2012 at 02:20 PM.

vCash
    Rochester won again 5-3, with Dinkleman hitting a 3-run homer to win the game.
    New Britain lost their game 7-2. Aaron Hicks hit a homer.
    Ft. Myers won 3-2. Arcia tripled and doubled.
    Beloit lost 8-3. Sano tripled and drove in a run. Rosario drove in a run also.
    2-2 day for the farm teams.

vCash
    By the way, Sano hasn't made an error yet this season. He has driven 10 runs already.

vCash
    Any news on Rosario's defensive transition?

vCash
    He's made a couple of errors thusfar, but that isn't unexpected. Hopefully he'll get his issues worked out and move up with Sano.

vCash
    Rochester won 2-1 with Scott Diamond picking up the win. Dozier went 2/2.
    New Britain lost 8-4. Aaron Hicks went 1/3 with a double.
    Ft. Myers won 6-5 with Lance Ray homering.
    Beloit won 3-2. Miguel Sano and Eddie Rosario were 0/6, but Madison Boer picked up the win going 5 innings, allowing a run on 3 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 9. Rosario played CF again. I wonder if this is a sign?

vCash
    I think I am more excited for the development of these guys than I am the big club.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Rochester won 2-1 with Scott Diamond picking up the win. Dozier went 2/2.
    New Britain lost 8-4. Aaron Hicks went 1/3 with a double.
    Ft. Myers won 6-5 with Lance Ray homering.
    Beloit won 3-2. Miguel Sano and Eddie Rosario were 0/6, but Madison Boer picked up the win going 5 innings, allowing a run on 3 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 9. Rosario played CF again. I wonder if this is a sign?
    Dang, I hope not. There is probably less desperation in the organization about middle infield depth with the emergence of Dozier and the drafting of Michael but I still like the idea of a guy like Rosario getting a shot at 2B.

Great news on Boer though, most of the younger arms are still only getting a couple innings thus far. Going 5 and getting 60% of his outs on strikeouts gets me excited.

vCash
    Rochester won again 5-3, with Dinkleman hitting a 3-run homer to win the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Dang, I hope not. There is probably less desperation in the organization about middle infield depth with the emergence of Dozier and the drafting of Michael but I still like the idea of a guy like Rosario getting a shot at 2B.
    He was back at 2B today. I'm guessing it was just to keep his bat in the lineup and let someone else play 2nd.

vCash
    Guerra picked up a save for New Britain. Marquis won the game, striking out 7 in 8 innings, allowing 2 runs on 5 hits. Hicks was 2/3 with another homer.
    Last edited by catman; 04-13-2012 at 01:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Guerra picked up a save for New Britain. Marquis won the game, striking out 7 in 8 innings, allowing 2 runs on 5 hits. Hicks was 2/3 with another homer.
    That's why people have to assume young pitchers w/ a decent K/9 rate are going to drop significantly in the majors. Marquis doesn't fan batters at the highest level. If the kids don't have a 10K/9 in the upper levels of the minors, they're probably not going to be a big time strikeout pitcher in the majors.

Awesome news on Hicks. Keep it up. Let's get a promotion by the All-Star break and give the front office something to talk about.

vCash
    Yesterday, Chris Colabello hit his first homer (he also doubled and drove in 4 runs) for the Rock Cats in their 6-1 win. Hicks was 1/3 with a double.
    Sano and Rosario both made errors in Clinton (that field is pretty rough) with Sano going 1/4 and Rosario going 0/5. Tim Shibuya pitched 5 good innings, allowing 2 unearned runs on 3 hits and 2 walks while striking out 4.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast