Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    I predict we'll be swept. Why? because our PP is 100% incredibly useless.

Oh yea, and Canucks should have traded for someone that could have helped THIS YEAR. Not 5 years from now, but THIS YEAR. Trading for Kassian was a waste. I'd like to see us flip him for someone more established. Hell, Steve Ott would have been better for this year only.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    This playoff season is a win-win for us IMO. I've never really warmed to this team, but if we win the Stanley Cup, we win the Cup. So, that's a victory. If we lose, I'm hoping they dismantle the team and get rid of the chirpers and divers on the team: looking at Kesler here. If the guy was such a great player he'd be well above that. Instead, he and Burrows and a few others play the chippy, rat-style they played when Brian Burke brought them into the league. We're not a finesse team or a tough team, and it has made it hard for this Canucks fan to watch for the last month or two. Like I said, if we win the Cup this way, that's great, but I wouldn't be heart-broken if the team gets a real shakeup in the off-season either. Just my 2 cents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I predict we'll be swept. Why? because our PP is 100% incredibly useless.

Oh yea, and Canucks should have traded for someone that could have helped THIS YEAR. Not 5 years from now, but THIS YEAR. Trading for Kassian was a waste. I'd like to see us flip him for someone more established. Hell, Steve Ott would have been better for this year only.
    I don't think we'll be swept. AV is a solid coach and will mask the fact that the team really isn't as talented as people think it is by getting the players to buy back heavily into their system. We lack scorers, toughness, and maturity, but the coaching staff has hidden that behind some very effective team play. Can they suddenly go from being chippy to being tough? Hard to say. Can they suddenly turn into scorers when they've really only piled up the points when it matters least against some of the weaker teams in the league? The struggle for identity with this team is really worrisome. It's not often that a team alters its style (i.e. puck possession) at the trade deadline before a Cup run. Seems like a last-ditch move that betrays a lack of confidence in their ability to truly play a finesse, puck-possession game. What we're left with is guys who can play D as a team and squeeze out close victories with desperate goals when they need them, but regularly let other teams into their heads and stray well off their game in the playoffs. We need to see the maturity they've all been talking about. I've always said that this team has had success by over-achieving. That's their identity. They need to embrace it and play an extremely smart game if they want to go anywhere.

vCash
    Sorry for the rants btw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Sorry for the rants btw.
    Its okay

I've been frustrated since the deadline.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234