Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Considering we most likely will not draft a WR with our 1st round pick, I think Simpson is a no brainer if we can get him at the right price - legal troubles aside.

Simpson was a 2nd round pick, is 6'2", runs a 4.47, and is one the NFL's best leapers. Decent hands but not an elite route runner or blocker. Would rather have Blackmon, Floyd, or Jeffrey but I think past that he is better than any other prospect.

Hoping he learns from his mistakes and we get a steal of free agent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangs002 View Post
    Considering we most likely will not draft a WR with our 1st round pick, I think Simpson is a no brainer if we can get him at the right price - legal troubles aside.

Simpson was a 2nd round pick, is 6'2", runs a 4.47, and is one the NFL's best leapers. Decent hands but not an elite route runner or blocker. Would rather have Blackmon, Floyd, or Jeffrey but I think past that he is better than any other prospect.

Hoping he learns from his mistakes and we get a steal of free agent.
    I doubt signing Jerome Simpson will change our draft strategy. The only difference I could see it making is going receiver in the 3rd compared to receiver in the 2nd. But with all shuffling going on with what we might do with the #3 pick who knows how the rest of the draft will go. I just can't wait till thursday.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    It might change a 3rd or 4th rnd pick. But if you bring him in we start to look way better at WR. Our No2 pick(Jeffery's many say) as our No 1, Simpson as our No2, Harvin as our No3 and then or original No 1 and 2 Jenkings and Aromashadu are now your 4th and 5th.
    I really liked what I seen out of both those guys last year so out of nowhere, along with CB, we actually have some depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Simpson gives us a good weapon on the outside...4th WR? yea right
    He is way better than #4. I can see him being #2 or maybe even #1. He is good. Just a moron.
    Take your pants off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    He is way better than #4. I can see him being #2 or maybe even #1. He is good. Just a moron.
    Well he's not that good. He did set career highs and had some good numbers but he disappeared a lot during the season. He had some solid games during the season but it mostly seemed like he would break out for a big game or he would be invisible. He certainly has the talent to be a #2 but if we do sign him I would expect him basically share #2 reps with whichever rookie receiver we bring in.

Game by game stats:
    @CLE 4 catches 44 yards 0 TD
    @ DEN 4 catches 136 yards 0 TD
    vs SF 1 catch 6 yards 0 TD
    vs BUF 3 catches 26 yards 0 TD
    @ JAC 4 catches 40 yards 0 TD
    vs IND 6 catches 101 yards 0 TD
    @ SEA 1 catches 14 yards 1 TD
    @ TEN 3 catches 43 yards 1 TD
    vs PIT 0 catches 0 yards 0 TD
    @ BAL 8 catches 152 yards 0 TD
    vs CLE 2 catches 15 yards 0 TD
    @ PIT 0 catches 0 yards 0 TD
    vs HOU 2 catches 38 yards 1 TD
    @ STL 2 catches 14 yards 0 TD
    vs ARI 5 catches 42 yards 1 TD
    vs BAL 5 catches 54 yards 0 TD
    Playoffs:
    @ HOU 3 catches 33 yards 0 TD

^ You can see what I mean by his ability to explode but also disappear.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqS5U4lSSVg
    ^^ he also did this but hey he did he draw the flag lol

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Well he's not that good. He did set career highs and had some good numbers but he disappeared a lot during the season. He had some solid games during the season but it mostly seemed like he would break out for a big game or he would be invisible. He certainly has the talent to be a #2 but if we do sign him I would expect him basically share #2 reps with whichever rookie receiver we bring in.

Game by game stats:
    @CLE 4 catches 44 yards 0 TD
    @ DEN 4 catches 136 yards 0 TD
    vs SF 1 catch 6 yards 0 TD
    vs BUF 3 catches 26 yards 0 TD
    @ JAC 4 catches 40 yards 0 TD
    vs IND 6 catches 101 yards 0 TD
    @ SEA 1 catches 14 yards 1 TD
    @ TEN 3 catches 43 yards 1 TD
    vs PIT 0 catches 0 yards 0 TD
    @ BAL 8 catches 152 yards 0 TD
    vs CLE 2 catches 15 yards 0 TD
    @ PIT 0 catches 0 yards 0 TD
    vs HOU 2 catches 38 yards 1 TD
    @ STL 2 catches 14 yards 0 TD
    vs ARI 5 catches 42 yards 1 TD
    vs BAL 5 catches 54 yards 0 TD
    Playoffs:
    @ HOU 3 catches 33 yards 0 TD

^ You can see what I mean by his ability to explode but also disappear.
    From what I've read your a big fan of Minnesota drafting Ashlon Jeffrey...well what you say about Simpson could be said about him. Jeffrey didn't even manage more than 3 rec in half the games he played and didn't get 100 yds in any of them...think maybe he did in the bowl game not sure.

5 rec 92 yds 0 tds
    5 rec 85 yds 1 tds
    2 rec 35 yds 0 tds
    2 rec 34 yds 0 tds
    5 rec 86 yds 1 tds
    6 rec 95 yds 2 tds
    5 rec 24 yds 1 tds
    3 rec 17 yds 0 tds
    3 rec 19 yds 0 tds
    2 rec 17 yds 0 tds
    5 rec 81 yds 1 tds
    2 rec 29 yds 1 tds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    From what I've read your a big fan of Minnesota drafting Ashlon Jeffrey...well what you say about Simpson could be said about him. Jeffrey didn't even manage more than 3 rec in half the games he played and didn't get 100 yds in any of them...think maybe he did in the bowl game not sure.

5 rec 92 yds 0 tds
    5 rec 85 yds 1 tds
    2 rec 35 yds 0 tds
    2 rec 34 yds 0 tds
    5 rec 86 yds 1 tds
    6 rec 95 yds 2 tds
    5 rec 24 yds 1 tds
    3 rec 17 yds 0 tds
    3 rec 19 yds 0 tds
    2 rec 17 yds 0 tds
    5 rec 81 yds 1 tds
    2 rec 29 yds 1 tds
    That's a good point but I'm not denying Jeffery has some serious question marks around him, I just really like his skill set and his potential. The season before Jeffery had outstanding numbers. Poor QB play and a stronger reliance on the run game played a role in his drop in numbers. Simpson didn't do much prior to this season. I'm not knocking Simpson because I like him but I'm just saying calling him a potential #1 is a stretch. It's a little bit different comparing a rookie with no NFL experience to a guy who has had 3 years in the league.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Jerome Simpson Update

The Minnesota Vikings did plenty of digging into Jerome Simpson's checkered past before hosting the athletic free-agent receiver for a visit this weekend.

"I'm not going to go into whether we're going to sign him or not," Vikings general manager Rick Spielman told 1500 ESPN on Sunday morning.

"We're in that process right now of just going through the discussion and how we feel. But I can tell you -- not just in his case, any case -- if there's a guy that has a character concern, we're going to do everything we can to turn every stone over. You wouldn't believe how deep we went into the calls to different people that aren't even involved with football to make sure that we felt very comfortable bringing him in here for this visit."

Simpson, 26, met with Vikings officials on Saturday and left on Sunday morning without a contract. He has drawn interest from at least one other team but remains on the market nearly six weeks after free agency opened, despite posting career highs last season with 50 catches for 725 yards and four touchdowns in 16 games for the Cincinnati Bengals.

The Vikings no doubt asked Simpson plenty of questions about the circumstances surrounding his September arrest on a felony drug charge resulting from about 2 pounds of marijuana being shipped to his northern Kentucky home.

Simpson pleaded guilty on March 1 and was sentenced to 15 days in jail and three years' probation. He also is expected to face a suspension under the NFL's substance abuse and/or personal conduct policies, which is another concern for a Vikings team that desperately could use the vertical threat Simpson is capable of providing.

"There was a lot of research done before he came in on his visit," Spielman said. "I think from our ownership on down, after we've gathered all our information and talked to numerous people in all walks of his life (about) what type of character kid he is and what happened and why he got put in that situation and listening to him (Saturday) talk to all the people at our organization ... if we do sign or we do decide to sign a Jerome Simpson, it's going to be something that we felt comfortable enough with to bring into this organization, to give him a chance here."

Simpson's inconsistency on the field gives potential suitors pause, too. A second-round draft pick (46th overall) out of Coastal Carolina in 2008 who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.47 seconds at the scouting combine, Simpson (6-foot-2, 190 pounds) had only 21 catches for 279 yards in his first three NFL seasons.

It wouldn't be a surprise for the Vikings to work out a deal even though Simpson has left town, though. Offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz and cornerback Chris Carr also departed without a deal this offseason before later agreeing to terms on one-year pacts.
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/N...unds_2_3042212

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I don't think Simpson really impacts our draft plan but it takes some of the need away at WR. Not enough to pass on someone we really value. I like the value in rd 3 at WR except Blackmon, Floyd, Hill, Jeffrey... If they're all gone by rd 2 then having Simpson makes passing on WR a little easier...still not a huge impact though

vCash
    Anyone think we resign EJ Henderson? He's still a free agent and I don't think we end up getting a starter in the draft and I sure as hell don't wanna start the year with Brinkley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    Anyone think we resign EJ Henderson? He's still a free agent and I don't think we end up getting a starter in the draft and I sure as hell don't wanna start the year with Brinkley.
    I have my fingers crossed that we draft Micheal Kendricks from Cal. He is an absolute stud and a guy who plays alot like Pat Willis.
    Great cover guy, strong, great Tackler. He has it all for what we need at MLB.
    I think He would be Def rookie of the year under our system and will make people bang thier heads for not taking him. He is this drafts best sleeper and is a big time playmaker.
    Look him up, look at his tape. look at his combine. The more you look at this kid, the more you will see what I am talking about.
    I just pray we get him. ray:

No E.J. we need to move on from That style of LB. Great run stoper, but can't cover.

vCash
    Of course I know of Kendricks, but he's a reach with our second pick and probably won't fall to 3, the only way to get him is to trade back into the second round.

vCash
    ^ not as much a reach as you would think. I'll share the post in the Draft thread because now we're getting off topic.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind us taking a look at Clifton, that would also add as more of a smoke screen to allow teams to think we aren't leaning on Kalil too much. Kalil needs to be the pick at the end of the day.

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast