Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    If the Bears decide to change up their style and switch to a 3-4 defense, Henry Melton would really be worth opening our pockets for. He is the perfect pass rushing interior D-lineman our defense needs to be successful. I am sure that he is going to cost a pretty penny to bring in but it would be worth it in the end. This would probably spell the end of Kevin Williams time in MN but a line of Allen, Melton, Evans/Guion, and Robison/Griffen would wreck some offensive lines.
    Why not keep K Will? Allen, Melton, K Will(Evans or Guion) Robison/Griffen sounds way way better to me.
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    If the Bears decide to change up their style and switch to a 3-4 defense, Henry Melton would really be worth opening our pockets for. He is the perfect pass rushing interior D-lineman our defense needs to be successful. I am sure that he is going to cost a pretty penny to bring in but it would be worth it in the end. This would probably spell the end of Kevin Williams time in MN but a line of Allen, Melton, Evans/Guion, and Robison/Griffen would wreck some offensive lines.
    The Bears are apparently going to be keeping their DC, whoever their new HC will be has to work with at least certian components of Lovie Smith's staff.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    There is no way I want G. Jennings. I'd rather sign Jones last year. Jennings hasn't been healthy and is the product of a great QB. I'd much rather have Bowe over Jennings but I don't really want either of them since Hunter, Allen, Patterson, Austin, and C. Hamilton all make me drool in this draft.

Plus I am counting on Childs to make the team next year. Harvin, Wright, Childs and 2 rookies would suit me just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    Why not keep K Will? Allen, Melton, K Will(Evans or Guion) Robison/Griffen sounds way way better to me.
    Playing 2 pass rushing interior lineman will leave at a huge liability in the run game. We need either Guion or Evans on the front line to plug up the big holes.

vCash
    Not so sure I would call KWill a pass rushing DT anymore

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Melton reminds me of John Randle

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Melton reminds me of John Randle
    Yep great call. Randle was such a force of nature. If by some way the Bears would not resign Melton and we got him. We would just have to find the next Henry Thomas to play along side Melton.

vCash
    Been hearing alot of rumors of Greg Jennings talking to Vikings players and telling them he wants to be a Viking. For somebody pushing for that and that kind of interest, we might get him at a good price. I would not mind him at all. Ya, he is 30, but has atleast 5 good years in the tank. heck, Reggie wayne is 34! how many years does he have left? looks to me he has not skipped a beat since getting a good QB. 30 is not all that old for a WR.
    Jennings leadership, speed, and hands, and smarts outweigh and FA WR out there. I am all in on Jennings. Talk about an addition! Harvin, rudolph, Jennings, wright, childs, simpson, and a draft choice. oh ya, and AP coming out of the backfield.
    which brings me to our biggest up grade through the draft... GUARD!
    bumping up for Warmack or selecting Cooper with the 23rd pick gives us a srtong left side.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    I hated the Jennings at the beginning of the year because of where the Vikings were at, and their "plan" to get young through the draft, but that's changed now that we're a playoff team.

Is there a link to him saying stuff about wanting to be a Viking?

vCash
    D'Qwell Jackson - LB - Browns
    According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer and FOX Sports' Peter Schrager, the Browns will switch to a 3-4 "attack" defense under new head coach Rob Chudzinski.
    "Trust me on the 3-4," tweeted Schrager. In other words, Dick Jauron and his 4-3 scheme are gone. It sounds like a deeply-rooted philosophical stance from Chud, even if the Browns' defensive personnel is ill-suited to the switch. The values of MLB D'Qwell Jackson, NT Phil Taylor and DT Ahtyba Rubin all go down significantly in a 3-4 scheme. How quickly the change is implemented may depend on Chud's pick for defensive coordinator.
    We've done deals with the Browns before, but obviously that was under Holmgren et al (and we did sort of job them into trading up for Trent Richardson, although we could have traded down to somebody else, although it would have meant probably loosing Kalil). All three of these guys fit needs on our defense (obviously we won't trade for all three of them) and would probably work out well on our team.

They've had some injuries though, Rubin (26) had some hip and calf trouble this year, Taylor (24) tore his pec and ended up on PUP, and Jackson (29) has had pec injuries as well (he was on IR in 2010 IIRC and played through one last year). Rubin and Jackson are all locked into high dollar contracts (especially Jackson) and Taylor probably wouldn't come cheap. It will be something to watch though if the Browns end up deciding that these guys don't fit their system.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    You want to trade for all 3?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    You want to trade for all 3?
    Hell no, but all three of them fit our team and are all positions that we need to solve/upgrade.

Jackson is older than we'd be looking for ideally, but you can't really say that he's not better than Brinkley. I wouldn't look at using Rubin as a DT, but he has done really well at NT and it speaks volumes how good Taylor is at NT for them to move Rubin over to DT.

Couple that with the possibility of these guys (especially Jackson) not fitting a 3-4 defense (and only one of Rubin or Taylor being on the field at any one time, unless they think that one of them can play DE, which I just can't see in a 3-4) and the Browns being a team that we've dealt with before, it makes sense. I'm not going to say that it will happen.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Yeah, that's too Madden-esque for me to even consider.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Yeah, that's too Madden-esque for me to even consider.
    Once again you provide little to no insight.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    Been hearing alot of rumors of Greg Jennings talking to Vikings players and telling them he wants to be a Viking. For somebody pushing for that and that kind of interest, we might get him at a good price. I would not mind him at all. Ya, he is 30, but has atleast 5 good years in the tank. heck, Reggie wayne is 34! how many years does he have left? looks to me he has not skipped a beat since getting a good QB. 30 is not all that old for a WR.
    Jennings leadership, speed, and hands, and smarts outweigh and FA WR out there. I am all in on Jennings. Talk about an addition! Harvin, rudolph, Jennings, wright, childs, simpson, and a draft choice. oh ya, and AP coming out of the backfield.
    which brings me to our biggest up grade through the draft... GUARD!
    bumping up for Warmack or selecting Cooper with the 23rd pick gives us a srtong left side.
    where have you heard these rumors?

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast