Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Jerome Simpson - WR - Bengals
    Apr 21 - 7:39 PM

Free agent WR Jerome Simpson will stay in Minnesota after visiting Saturday with the Vikings.

1500 ESPN's Tom Pelissero ''wouldn't be surprised,'' if a deal gets done. Simpson's only other known visit has been with St. Louis, though a number teams have reportedly shown interest. In Minnesota, he would compete with Devin Aromashodu as the No. 4 receiver.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/
    Whether we like it or not this looks like its going to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post

I like it, it cant hurt and the guy has proven he is athletic and not on that one play, so Im in.

vCash

I'm guessing his price tag will be something along the lines of the other bargain deals we have made so I don't think it's a bad move. He's still only 26 and put up decent numbers last year. I mean we have a serious need for a wide receiver so why not take a chance on a talented guy like Simpson? It's a low risk signing with some potential so I would be ok with giving him a shot. His 725 yards would of been 2nd on our team last season.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 04-22-2012 at 02:13 AM.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I just dont know why we are not flooding our weak positions with bargin guys like this and hope one or three stick by seasons start. I wouldn't mind if we brought in like 3 S's out of FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    I just dont know why we are not flooding our weak positions with bargin guys like this and hope one or three stick by seasons start. I wouldn't mind if we brought in like 3 S's out of FA.
    That is exactly what we have been doing. Aside from Carlson, we threw a bunch of guys at CB (Point Guard Nicholas Taylor, Zack Bowman and Chris Carr who were both benched/injured last year) Running back (Lex Hilliard, Jerome Felton, Matt Asiata) and WR (re-signed Aromashodu and brought in Bryan Walters as Camarillo-lite). I don't think that runningback is a weakness, but its seems that they are trying to find a short yardage/third down guy and maybe bracing for the eventuality that AP can't go Week 1.

There are still some alright safeties out there (Atogwe, Melvin Bullit, Jim Leonhard) but I think we'll only land one of those and even then we're probably going to end up rolling with Abdullah (who I think is really underrated after last year, don't get me wrong I don't think he'll ever be a great DB, but I think he can be a capable interim starter) and Raymond.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Jim Leonhard would be a decent option, yeah he's got a bit of a injury history but he's always been a good safety.
    First of all let me say how much I think of Jim. He had a lot to do with our success in 2009 and 2010, a quarterback on the defense who always gave 100% every time he hit the field. However right now he is rehabbing his second major injury in two years. Tearing a Patellar Tendon is a very serious issue for any athlete, especially one who is approaching that magical age of 30. Yes he is coming off two surgeries, yes he is about to hit the wrong side of 30, but no I don't think he is done. I would be willing to put a bet on that Jimmy will be back with the Jets for 2012. Would I want to rely on him as a starter? definitely not. As a situational guy though, sign me up.
    Leonhard, a free agent after his three-year contract with the Jets expired, is in a holding pattern right now as he continues to rehab a season-ending patellar tendon tear sustained in Week 14 last season. He has "no doubt" he'll be ready for training camp in August, but he said he needs to progress further in his rehab before it would be worthwhile to approach interested teams about workouts or visits. He's "getting close" to that point, he added. So far, Leonhard said he and his representatives have had "good conversations" with the Jets, and other teams have also expressed interest, though he declined to name how many or which ones. He has been mentally evaluating different situations, systems and coaches. "But a lot of it is just wait and see," Leonhard said. "Obviously we'd love at any point for a team to come out and make a really strong offer, but for all intents and purposes, it's probably not going to happen until they know where I'm at."
    Last edited by JA22; 04-22-2012 at 06:42 AM.

vCash
    Simpson gives us a good weapon on the outside...4th WR? yea right

vCash
    Apr 22 - 12:29 PM

According to Dan Wiederer of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, free agent WR Jerome Simpson has offers on the table from several teams.

Simpson is currently in Minnesota after his visit with the Vikings went "incredibly well". The only other known visit Simpson has had was with the Rams, but it seems he has additional offers on the table. The 26-year-old is facing a suspension stemming from a felony drug charge, but Minnesota is desperate for help at wide receiver.

Source: Dan Wiederer on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/?rw=1

vCash

According to Dan Wiederer of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, free agent WR Jerome Simpson has offers on the table from several teams.
    Simpson is currently in Minnesota after his visit with the Vikings went "incredibly well". The only other known visit Simpson has had was with the Rams, but it seems he has additional offers on the table. The 26-year-old is facing a suspension stemming from a felony drug charge, but Minnesota is desperate for help at wide receiver.
    rotoworld

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Apr 22 - 12:29 PM
    beat me to it

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    @TomPelissero: Spielman says #Vikings are in process this morning of deciding whether to sign Jerome Simpson. Said has talked to a lot of people about him.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    the kid is young, extremely athletic, talented, and fast....so he gets a 4 game suspension we can deal with it...the main problem is what kind of guy is he? is he a guy who knows where his potential is and won't let his mistake happen again, or is he a Janoris Jenkins?

People make mistakes Rick, if he is the guy that will learn from it, SIGN HIM NOW!!!!

This is the receiver i wanted throughout the whole free agency period

vCash
    Why does the report say he'll be our 4th receiver? It will be him and Jenkins on the outside and marvin in the slot...or a 2 tight end set with Simpson still starting on the outside...he will start for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Why does the report say he'll be our 4th receiver? It will be him and Jenkins on the outside and marvin in the slot...or a 2 tight end set with Simpson still starting on the outside...he will start for us
    Haha I was wondering the same thing. If we sign him he will be the second best WR on the team.

vCash
    Ummm why would Simpson be our #4???? R u kidding me??? Outside of Harvin, who is better than Simpson?.......Jenkins?......Aromablahblah?

Simpson could easily be our #2 guy, at least. If we sign him he will be starting, after the 4 game suspension of course.

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast