Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    Why would you want a UNPROVEN "rookie or two" over two PROVEN NFL WR's? I just don't get this fascination with wanting to get rid of proven players for unproven players. To me it seems much more reasonable to want as many PROVEN NFL caliber players as possible.
    Why would i want 1 or two rookies with loads of talent and upside over dwayne bowe lol? I really trust Spielman and think that he can make a great pick at WR...our #1 goal should be to resign Percy, also Jarius Wright was a great pick

I really like this kid Cordarrelle Patterson out of Tennessee...His burst is ridiculous and he can really catch the football
    Last edited by nasthemasta; 01-06-2013 at 04:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Why would i want 1 or two rookies with loads of talent and upside over dwayne bowe lol? I really trust Spielman and think that he can make a great pick at WR...our #1 goal should be to resign Percy, also Jarius Wright was a great pick

I really like this kid Cordarrell Patterson out of Tennessee...His burst is ridiculous and he can really catch the football
    I can't really say your wrong but at the same time we would be smart to bring in somebody with some experience because it would be hard to rely on a rookie all season as they tend to take some time to develop. Personally I would like to see us draft a talented receiver in the top 2 rounds and sign a receiver.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I can't really say your wrong but at the same time we would be smart to bring in somebody with some experience because it would be hard to rely on a rookie all season as they tend to take some time to develop. Personally I would like to see us draft a talented receiver in the top 2 rounds and sign a receiver.
    Yea dude we have a guy named Percy Harvin who is extremely under paid and under appreciated around here

Having to worry about AP, quick or intermediate hits to Percy, and a field stretcher like Patterson (rookie) and maybe a free agent pick-up like Heyward-Bey would be sick

Da'Rick Rogers is also a guy that had an off the field issue but is a physical beast and can be had maybe in the 2nd round if we choose to not go WR in the first...This guy is the Janoris Jenkins of this class in terms of high risk high reward
    Last edited by nasthemasta; 01-06-2013 at 09:17 PM.

vCash
    Yea dude we have a guy named Percy Harvin who is extremely under paid and under appreciated around here

Having to worry about AP, quick or intermediate hits to Percy, and a field stretcher like Patterson (rookie) and maybe a free agent pick-up like Heyward-Bey would be sick

Da'Rick Rogers is also a guy that had an off the field issue but is a physical beast and can be had maybe in the 2nd round if we choose to not go WR in the first...This guy is the Janoris Jenkins of this class in terms of high risk high reward
    I would be very happy with that

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I would be very happy with that
    I wouldn't mind Bowe either tbh....i trust the FO though

vCash
    I have never believed in Ponder and am still not. Heard the Bucs are not willing to give Josh Freeman a contract extension. How about trading for the guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman01 View Post
    I have never believed in Ponder and am still not. Heard the Bucs are not willing to give Josh Freeman a contract extension. How about trading for the guy?
    This will never happen and i dont want it to happen

66 TACKLES/4 SACKS/1 FF/3 FR/1TD
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman01 View Post
    Love this idea. Wish it was actually possible.

vCash
    This. As much as I want Dwayne Bowe, the Dolphins are going to get him and Greg Jennings just doesn't suit our football team. Joe Philbin also coached Matt Flynn and Matt Flynn decided to go elsewhere or Philbin wasn't passionate enough about taking him. So what says Jennings would be different in this sense? He's going to get a big pay day and I think given the age, they are going to go after Bowe.

So for us, all that Percy has done and has meant to Vikings fans, I just couldn't stand letting him go. I hated letting Rice walk, but he had one great season with us. Percy has been great every single year he has played for us. It was only this year that he missed a bunch of games. Sign him, Darius Heyward-Bey, and draft a #1 WR in the first/second round to slowly build up.

vCash
    Yea I hope we do all we can to re-sign Percy because he's simply a playmaker we need. I'm guessing Spielman will pick up 2 WR's in the draft because we need some BAD. We should have Patterson, Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, and Da'Rick Rogers on our radar as our top targets.

vCash
    Sign Ramses Barden

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash

My Ideal Offseason

Cap Room- $18.4 Million

Vikings Free Agents-
    Jerome Simpson - Gone
    Kevin Williams - $3,000,000
    Phil Loadholt - $3,000,000
    AJ Jefferson (RFA) - $500,000
    Erin Henderson - Gone
    Jasper Brinkley - $700,000
    Marcus Sherels (RFA) - $500,000
    Jerome Felton - $1,000,000
    Jamarca Sanford - $700,000
    Devin Aroshmandu - Gone

Total $$$- 9.4 Million

Other Free Agents-
    Brent Grimes - $8,000,000 (Winfield moves to S, and our secondary gets sexy)
    Sage Rosenfels - vet min (check his twitter, I want him teaching Ponder)

Draft-
    1- Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
    2- Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    3- Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
    4- Jordan Hill, DT, Penn St.
    4- Gabe Ikard, OG, Oklahoma
    5- Jake Knott, OLB, Iowa St.
    6- Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt
    6- David Bass, DE, Missouri Western
    7- Kirby Vander Kamp, P, Iowa St.

Depth Chart:
    QB- Ponder
    RB- AP
    FB- Felton
    WR- Harvin, Rogers, Wright
    TE- Rudolph
    T- Kalil, Loadholt
    G- Warford, Johnson
    C- Sullivan

DE- Allen, Griffen/Robison
    DT- Williams, Guion/Ballard
    LB- Ogletree, Greenway, Brinkley (if needed but play mostly nickel)
    CB- Grimes, Cook, Robinson/Jefferson
    S- Smith, Winfield

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Josh freeman. Are you guys joking??

vCash
    Kevin Williams - DL - Vikings

Impending free agent DT Kevin Williams would like to play 2-3 more years.
    It turns out that Williams does not have an option in his contract for 2013-14, but he still expects to be back in Minnesota if the Vikings' interest in mutual. The 32-year-old finished as Pro Football Focus' 10th-rated defensive tackle in 2012.
    rotoworld

@TomPelissero: Kevin Williams says he'd like to play two or three more years. Expects to be back if #Vikings will have him.

@TomPelissero: Williams says he hasn't thought about what he'll do if #Vikings want to restructure. "We'll work something out if it comes to that."

I full expect KWilliams to be back next season but at a much more affordable cost. He isn't the dominate player he once was but he clearly can still get the job done. Finding somebody who can play next to him and that will eventually take over for him should be a high priority this off season.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    ‏@TomPelissero: Jerome Felton said he met with Spielman, was told #Vikings want him back. "Now it's just a matter of coming together." AKA show me the money

Pay the man!

Vonta Leech received a 3 year, 11 million dollar deal this past offseason from Baltimore and I believe he is the highest paid FB in the league. I'm not sure if Felton will get that much seeing as this is his first Pro Bowl season and actually his first full season where he wasn't cut by somebody but those figures can help us figure out what Felton may get.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 01-07-2013 at 12:57 PM.

- Mike Zimmer

Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast