Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I love the Joe Haden for Percy Harvin idea though...I'd do that in a heartbeat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFanatic13 View Post
    I love the Joe Haden for Percy Harvin idea though...I'd do that in a heartbeat
    I like that one too. It seems the most feasible of the ones he mentioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Guess im just thinking Jennings has had two of the best QBs of our time throwing him the football to put up decent numbers and isnt really that big a target. Bowe has had um um well whoever throwing him the ball and still been a beast also a much bigger frame better red zone target. Then again Jennings probably a lil faster so I guess its pretty even either would be huuuuuge upgrades though. Mike Wallace reminds me of Berrian for some reason I could be wrong but dont hear much about him on this forum maybe folks thinking the same or hes to expensive.
    yeah Favre and Rodgers are a little better than Ponder

thing about Jennings... you dont need to be that good a QB to throw to a guy who is WIDE OPEN!!! think of his TDs yesterday and most of his other receptions. he finds the holes in the D bc he is a smart dude. Bowe is a physical beast and I would be PSYCHED to have him, but bc most of his production comes in garbage time... I'd rather have Jennings. Wallace held out and had a down year with everything that was going on in Pburg, but he is no Berrian!!! Hes crazy fast... but lacks precise route running. I would rather have either of the 2 before Wallace.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Seriously? Dez is much more valuable then Harvin. Its not really even debatable. He also put up pretty huge numbers this season and should steadily improve next year. The guy has the potential to be the best WR in the league. The Cowboys also have Miles Austin who plays the slot. Austin had a down year but is still a top 5 slot WR in the NFL when healthy. That trade would make no sense for Dallas to do unless they want to repay us for the Walker trade.

Also it doesn't make much sense to me to trade a headache for a headache.
    I was just throwing around ideas but I think there is a decent argument to say that Harvin has more value that Bryant (in certain phases on the game). The Cowboys are playing Austin in the slot but could put him back on the outside because he has the size to play on the outside of the field.

Yes, Bryant has the potential to be the best WR in the NFL but he really struggles in certain phases on the game. 1.) He drops a lot of balls that he should catch, 2.) He is not the greatest route runner, and 3.) He is a loose cannon off the field. If it weren't for the last 4 weeks of the season he was on pace for having a worse year than last year.

His stats the last two years are:

TEAM GP REC TGTS YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM

2011:

15 63 103 928 14.7 50 9 48 1 1
    2012:

16 92 138 1,382 15.0 85 12 54 2 1

He racks up a ton of yards on big plays which yes ever team needs. But if that is the only way you can get him the ball it limits his value in my opinion.

You can line Harvin up for a screen, run the ball with him, etc... Every play he could go the distance.

I could be completely wrong in my thinking but I was just throwing ideas around in the beginning anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I was just throwing around ideas but I think there is a decent argument to say that Harvin has more value that Bryant (in certain phases on the game). The Cowboys are playing Austin in the slot but could put him back on the outside because he has the size to play on the outside of the field.

Yes, Bryant has the potential to be the best WR in the NFL but he really struggles in certain phases on the game. 1.) He drops a lot of balls that he should catch, 2.) He is not the greatest route runner, and 3.) He is a loose cannon off the field. If it weren't for the last 4 weeks of the season he was on pace for having a worse year than last year.

His stats the last two years are:

TEAM GP REC TGTS YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM

2011:

15 63 103 928 14.7 50 9 48 1 1
    2012:

16 92 138 1,382 15.0 85 12 54 2 1

He racks up a ton of yards on big plays which yes ever team needs. But if that is the only way you can get him the ball it limits his value in my opinion.

You can line Harvin up for a screen, run the ball with him, etc... Every play he could go the distance.

I could be completely wrong in my thinking but I was just throwing ideas around in the beginning anyways.
    Dont get me wrong, I like that you are throwing around different ideas. I just think Dez has a considerable amount of value to the Cowboys and that he is a better WR then Harvin. Also that he has much more potential. Percy has never gotten over 1,000 yards or had more then 6 TDs in a season. Bryant eclipsed those numbers this year and was hurt for the majority of the season. You are correct that he occasionally drops the ball and sometimes runs bad routes. Those are all correctable. Harvin is also a loose cannon. He choked a coach at Florida, threw a weight at Chillys head, got in Chillys face after Moss was cut, and now this with Leslie. They both have issues. Dez can also do things Harvin can't. He can out muscles defenders and when jump balls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wrizzo View Post
    yeah Favre and Rodgers are a little better than Ponder

thing about Jennings... you dont need to be that good a QB to throw to a guy who is WIDE OPEN!!! think of his TDs yesterday and most of his other receptions. he finds the holes in the D bc he is a smart dude. Bowe is a physical beast and I would be PSYCHED to have him, but bc most of his production comes in garbage time... I'd rather have Jennings. Wallace held out and had a down year with everything that was going on in Pburg, but he is no Berrian!!! Hes crazy fast... but lacks precise route running. I would rather have either of the 2 before Wallace.
    So does Calvin Johnsons production. Would you rather have Jennings then him?

vCash
    i disagree that CJs production comes in garbage time. the Lions record sucked, but their games usually went to the end.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    i disagree that CJs production comes in garbage time. the Lions record sucked, but their games usually went to the end.
    He leads the league in Garbage yards with 416. Brandon Myers is second with under 300.

vCash
    Curious... who is keeping track of "official" garbage yards?

Regardless... 1946 Total yards gained - 416 Garbage yards = 1530 Quality yards... still good for 2nd in the league... and more to the point of what you bolded... CJs garbage yards account for only 21% of his total yards... hardly "Most of his yards".

Bowe will have 10 yards in the 1st 3 quarters, then 60 in the 4th when they are down 21.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    Curious... who is keeping track of "official" garbage yards?

Regardless... 1946 Total yards gained - 416 Garbage yards = 1530 Quality yards... still good for 2nd in the league... and more to the point of what you bolded... CJs garbage yards account for only 21% of his total yards... hardly "Most of his yards".

Bowe will have 10 yards in the 1st 3 quarters, then 60 in the 4th when they are down 21.
    I just googled it, found plenty of articles showing his stats and how they broke down with different definitions of garbage time.

Does Bowes garbage time stats really concern you that much? Because he got yards when they were losing. Does it really matter? Is he not still good? His most productive season was in 2010 (the first year of Cassel). The Chiefs won the division and he didnt have garbage time stats.

Jennings does his best work in the slot and if we some how retain Harvin I dont see a need for him. As mentioned by others he has played with some of the best QBs in the game. Could you imagine Bowes stats if he was on those teams?

Dont get me wrong though. If we trade Harvin I would love to sign Jennings. If that happens we would still need a Dwayne Bowe type WR on this team though.

vCash
    i hear everything you said... and have maintained from the beginning that i would LOVE to have Bowe, just prefer Jennings.

As per Jennings, Harvin and the slot... I dont think there is any way we can resign Harvin and still have the money for Bowe(or Jennings or Wallace)... which is why I think Percys days are done.

I would have no problem with us getting Bowe, keeping Wright as the slot/#2 and keeping Simpson as #3... then drafting some nice cheap rookies. Wright + FA + picks/players acquired in trade of Harvin = best for team.
    Last edited by wrizzo; 12-31-2012 at 08:08 PM.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    Guys, the Browns are never going to trade us Joe Haden for Percy. No offense but that idea is almost laughable lol

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Oh man,

Haden with Cook side by side with Winfield as the NB and Robinson as the DB
    Smith locking down a safety spot

That would be unreal. Such an elite and young secondary. Now back in reality...

The problem is our biggest need is WR. Why are we trading one of the most talented and versatile WRs in the league when it's our biggest need? Sure if we could get a talent like Haden it'd be a no brainer (we can't). I know we have Wright who's filled in admirably as our slot guy but realistically we aren't going to get good enough value to justify parting with a special talent like Harvin (IMO).

But hey, if the Browns throw Haden for Harvin on the table I'd be all over that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DiPasquale7 View Post
    Oh man,

Haden with Cook side by side with Winfield as the NB and Robinson as the DB
    Smith locking down a safety spot

That would be unreal. Such an elite and young secondary. Now back in reality...

The problem is our biggest need is WR. Why are we trading one of the most talented and versatile WRs in the league when it's our biggest need? Sure if we could get a talent like Haden it'd be a no brainer (we can't). I know we have Wright who's filled in admirably as our slot guy but realistically we aren't going to get good enough value to justify parting with a special talent like Harvin (IMO).

But hey, if the Browns throw Haden for Harvin on the table I'd be all over that.
    No we won't but the thing is if we can't get Harvin to resign to a team friendly deal then he will be gone. Best case scenario for trading him would be to get a 2nd round pick in return. Regardless of what we do, we will be in a good situation.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    It's still not worth it to me. We are unbelievably bad at WR. Even with Percy in the line up, cuz oposing D's can just key on him. We MUST keep him AND add a top shelf WR to take the pressure off Percy(like the 4 games we had Moss) if we ever want to have a truly balanced offensive attack.

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast