Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    vCash

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Sign Greg Jennings...
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    Sign Greg Jennings...
    please!!!!!!!!

i feel like he wants to come here. stating he "wanted AP to break the rushing record"... and NOT backing off when it would have meant rushing for 208 against GB. then yesterday after the game, he was whispering something to AP... hopefully... "next year ill be here with you guys and we'll be unstoppable!!!"
    Last edited by wrizzo; 12-31-2012 at 09:12 AM.

"I yam sofa king we todd did" - Musgrave

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    i was thinking the same thing about Jennings...he has publicly spoke out about how he feels he won't be back in Green Bay next year because he doesn't see a spot for him...also it is rumored that he isn't a huge fan of Green Bay...and him and AP are really close friends...i think it is time for AP to get really serious about winning a Super Bowl and start recruiting other players to come to Minnesota....i mean that could only help.

Chicago Blackhawks
    Chicago Bulls
    Chicago Cubs
    Duke Blue Devils
    Minnesota Vikings
    Northwestern Wildcats
    Virginia Tech Hokies

vCash
    I would be fine with Jennings but it depends on his price tag. He's getting up there in age and has been injury prone over his career so I wouldn't want to give him a ton of money. Plus this depends on what we do with Percy.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Personally I would like to trade for Jeremy Maclin if he becomes available.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    its interesting to think about Harvin, our needs and the available FA WRs this year. Jennings, Bowe and Wallace are definitely head of the class for WRs... so we want to get someone to pair up with Harvin/Wright. Thing is... I dont know if Harvin and Wright can play at the same time... and I dont know if we can afford an extension for Harvin and a contract for one of those FA WRs.

He may be short like Harvin, but Wright is fast enough to be a true deep threat. A Harvin, Wallace and Wright triple threat seems like such a cream dream I dont even dare to hope. So much speed and agility that there would be no way to cover that back end AND the front to contain AP. I do not see how we could afford contracts for Harvin and Wallace, so this is pretty much only worth thinking about if you like dreamland over reality.

Jennings natural position is also the slot... so we obviously would have an excess of that with him, Wright and Harvin on the roster... according to recent talk... Harvin is the odd man out. Jennings paired with Wright (and keep Simpson as #3) would be a HUGE improvement to the WR corps from this year... and more importantly... this can actually happen financially. Trade Percy for draft picks or another position of need.

A Bowe, Harvin and Wright WR Corps is not possible for the same reason as Wallace, Harvin and Wright. Bowe is big and has good hands. Bringing him in would allow us to have no reason to hold onto Jenkins anymore (thanks for yesterday pal), so we could release him (and his 2.5 mil for next year) and draft a WR to develop. If we are thinking about pairing Bowe w/ Wright and trading Harvin... I suspect we hold onto Simpson as our #3.

If we were to trade Percy for another non-WR player... what names come to mind as someone we might want to target as equal value / position of need?

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    We just need to upgrade our WR's and G's and we are set. Keep the D the same but on O find a way to put a (Bowe-Wallace-Jennings-Fitz-Moss)-Maclin, Harvin and Wright. On the field at the same time and we would finally have the O to match our D. I would be totally fine just bringing Moss back and having him and Simpson split for the No 1 spot.

Our G's need to get upgraded making it even easier for AP to get holes and allow Ponder way more time to Pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wrizzo View Post
    If we were to trade Percy for another non-WR player... what names come to mind as someone we might want to target as equal value / position of need?
    I would look for a young up and coming cornerback with Harvin potential. Something simliar to the Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey trade a few years ago.

The Browns struggle on offense and would love to get their hands on Harvin. They also have a very good defense and could probably part with a key piece in order to better balance their talent. Joe Haden is going to be a lockdown corner in this league and would fit perfectly in MN system. Realistically I don't see this happening but it does make a bit of sense.

The Bills need someone to play the slot and give Stevie Johnson some help and would probably drool over the chance to get Percy Harvin. He would instantly help any new QB that comes in and give them a second target. However its going to cost them Stephon Gilmore their young corner who guarded opponents #1 receiver all year. He has lockdown potential and can play on an island all day long. Add in that he is 22 I believe and I think its a decent trade.

A wild-card trade would be to swap Dez Bryant for Percy Harvin. They are both troubled players with massive amounts of potential. Bryant is a big framed receiver the Vikings need and Percy is the slot receiver that Tony Romo has never had. I think Percy probably holds more value than Bryant so a pick would need to be involved but I wouldn't mind Bryant in MN.

vCash
    man... Haden for Harvin sounds fannnnnnntastic!!!

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    Harvin wont be a Viking next season and player for player nfl trades rarely happen it'll be a draft pick but thats cool with me the way this team has been drafting the last few years. Oh and Gennings is like 30 already isnt he? Whats Bowe 26, 27?

vCash
    Bowe (28) and Jennings (29) are EXACTLY 1 year apart (September 21st birthdays). Jennings has at least 4 excellent seasons left... the length of his next contract. age is not an issue.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    Guess im just thinking Jennings has had two of the best QBs of our time throwing him the football to put up decent numbers and isnt really that big a target. Bowe has had um um well whoever throwing him the ball and still been a beast also a much bigger frame better red zone target. Then again Jennings probably a lil faster so I guess its pretty even either would be huuuuuge upgrades though. Mike Wallace reminds me of Berrian for some reason I could be wrong but dont hear much about him on this forum maybe folks thinking the same or hes to expensive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I would look for a young up and coming cornerback with Harvin potential. Something simliar to the Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey trade a few years ago.

The Browns struggle on offense and would love to get their hands on Harvin. They also have a very good defense and could probably part with a key piece in order to better balance their talent. Joe Haden is going to be a lockdown corner in this league and would fit perfectly in MN system. Realistically I don't see this happening but it does make a bit of sense.

The Bills need someone to play the slot and give Stevie Johnson some help and would probably drool over the chance to get Percy Harvin. He would instantly help any new QB that comes in and give them a second target. However its going to cost them Stephon Gilmore their young corner who guarded opponents #1 receiver all year. He has lockdown potential and can play on an island all day long. Add in that he is 22 I believe and I think its a decent trade.

A wild-card trade would be to swap Dez Bryant for Percy Harvin. They are both troubled players with massive amounts of potential. Bryant is a big framed receiver the Vikings need and Percy is the slot receiver that Tony Romo has never had. I think Percy probably holds more value than Bryant so a pick would need to be involved but I wouldn't mind Bryant in MN.
    Seriously? Dez is much more valuable then Harvin. Its not really even debatable. He also put up pretty huge numbers this season and should steadily improve next year. The guy has the potential to be the best WR in the league. The Cowboys also have Miles Austin who plays the slot. Austin had a down year but is still a top 5 slot WR in the NFL when healthy. That trade would make no sense for Dallas to do unless they want to repay us for the Walker trade.

Also it doesn't make much sense to me to trade a headache for a headache.

vCash
    I'm not a big fan of Bowe or Jennings for some reason and we all know the Vikings have a bad history with signing free agent WR's to big contracts (Bernard Berrian) and the last big time 1 we drafted was a nightmare (Troy Williamson) so I'm kind of on the fence as to what we need to do at the WR spot. I'm actually in favor of re-signing Simpson for some reason and putting Percy on the trade block just to see what's out there and what we could possibly get for him.

Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast