Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    So, is it going to be like this again where every available QB is going to be brought up as a possible Viking? Bores me to tears.
    Creates discussion. I don't see a problem in that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boms-4 View Post
    Creates discussion. I don't see a problem in that.
    I'm more into quality than quantity, personally.

vCash
    I'm more into quality than quantity, personally.
    It does get to be a little much at times and some of the names people throw out there aren't very realistic. But creates discussion in what can be a long offseason.

vCash
    I hear ya. Don't mind me, I'm just a bitter person lol.

vCash
    So, is it going to be like this again where every available QB is going to be brought up as a possible Viking? Bores me to tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Well we sure could use an upgrade at backup QB and after some of the games he's had this year half the people on this site are ready to kill Ponder. I like the guy, and I'm not ready to say he's not the answer, especially after his play last week (essentially doing everything that he was supposed to) but we sure could use a better backup.

I don't like to talk about every QB that could be out there, but when I do see someone that I like, who could fit in with our team (Foles) then I'll bring it up. This kind of talk isn't going to go away until Ponder can silence all of his critics.
    game, set, match

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wrizzo View Post
    game, set, match
    Not really "game, set, match", at all.

Bringing in another young QB just isn't smart. Why not give Ponder a legitimate chance to succeed? I'm all for bringing in a veteran. Names like Nick Foles shouldn't be mentioned, though.

Now that's "game, set, match".

vCash

Bringing in another young QB just isn't smart. Why not give Ponder a legitimate chance to succeed? I'm all for bringing in a veteran. Names like Nick Foles shouldn't be mentioned, though.

What veteran do you got in mind?

vCash

Bringing in a young QB who we think could work in our system could be very smart, especially if it doesn't cost us as much as trading for a veteran QB. Its not very hard to see that a kid like Foles could have a lot more upside than available veterans like Matt Moore as well.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Bringing in a young QB who we think could work in our system could be very smart, especially if it doesn't cost us as much as trading for a veteran QB. Its not very hard to see that a kid like Foles could have a lot more upside than available veterans like Matt Moore as well.
    Then you're essentially telling Ponder that he isn't the guy.

You're going to give up assets to get a guy like Foles? I wouldn't. Sign a veteran.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boms-4 View Post
    What veteran do you got in mind?
    No idea. Someone capable of playing at the drop of a dime, though.

vCash
    I don't really see it as a smart idea. I mean what does that tell Ponder after we trade a draft pick for another young QB? That doesn't exactly scream confidence in the kid.

To me upside isn't what we should be looking for in a back up. I think it should be a veteran who has starting experience as well as experience coming off the bench in the middle of a game. A guy like Matt Moore isn't going to be the future of the organization but that's not what we are going to ask of him.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I don't really see it as a smart idea. I mean what does that tell Ponder after we trade a draft pick for another young QB? That doesn't exactly scream confidence in the kid.

To me upside isn't what we should be looking for in a back up. I think it should be a veteran who has starting experience as well as experience coming off the bench in the middle of a game. A guy like Matt Moore isn't going to be the future of the organization but that's not what we are going to ask of him.
    Bingo. Well said.

vCash
    Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Bills
    Dec 28 - 10:46 AM

Ryan Fitzpatrick is likely making his last start with the Bills on Sunday against the Jets in Week 17.

The rumors have been swirling for the past couple of months that Fitzpatrick is expected to be released after the season. With the most recent news that Buffalo can actually save $500,000 by cutting the quarterback (take notes Mike Tannenbaum), it's virtually certain that he's a goner. The Bills are expected to begin their search for a quarterback of the future this offseason. Fitzpatrick won't be seeing any of the money left on the final five years of his seven-year, $62.2 million contract.

Source: Buffalo News
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1
    He could be a decent veteran option QB at the right price. He would definitely push Ponder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

It depends on how the team is looking at things, and what they value most, and how much, if any competition they want to give Ponder for the starting job next year.

Despite his inexperience, I think that Foles could contend for the starting job better than Moore or anybody off the street, which is not necessarily to say that we need to replace Ponder, but that we need to give him a run for his money.

The advantage with Foles (or a guy like him) is that if he becomes availible he shouldn't cost as much as a trading for a current starter like Fitz or Smith.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    LOL, glad some of you are not GM's.

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast