Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Brian Price - DL - Free Agent
    Free agent DT Brian Price visited with the Vikings this week.
    It's Price's second visit with the Vikings this season. The 2010 second-round pick of the Bucs has been on the street since the Bears waived him at final cuts this season.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    rotoworld
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 12-20-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Kirk Cousins anyone?
    Last edited by natelpete; 12-21-2012 at 09:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Kirk Cousins anyone?
    The Redskins will never trade him, and if they did they'd want too much (2nd or 3rd round pick). Also you really can't tell at this point that Cousins isn't just a one hit wonder. He had a really good game against Cleveland, but lets face it, its Cleveland, and in his OT win against the Ravens he completed two passes for two attempts (26 yards and a TD).

That's not good enough for me to say lets spend a draft pick on him because he could be the future of our franchise.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 12-21-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    The Redskins will never trade him, and if they did they'd want too much (2nd or 3rd round pick). Also you really can't tell at this point that Cousins isn't just a one hit wonder. He had a really good game against Cleveland, but lets face it, its Cleveland, and in his OT win against the Ravens he completed two passes for two attempts (26 yards and a TD).

That's not good enough for me to say lets spend a draft pick on him because he could be the future of our franchise.
    I think he could be had for MUCH less than a 2nd or 3rd. They have RGIII and he was drafted in the 4th. People are saying we get a 2nd or 3rd for Percy, I don't see how they could get that for Cousins.

vCash
    Cousins isn't going anywhere until at least the next off season. I really liked Cousins coming out of college and quite honestly I can't believe he went in the 4th. I had him as a 2nd Rounder and honestly he grades out very similar to Ponder in my book anyways. So that being said I think we are fine with Ponder.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Henry Melton - DL - Bears
    Impending free agent Henry Melton believes there's "not another better D-tackle in the league."
    Outside of Bengals DT Geno Atkins, Melton may have an argument. Although he's been mediocre in run support, Melton has been one of the most effective pass-rushing tackles in the NFL this season. The franchise tag could come into play if the Bears can't reach a long-term agreement with Melton.
    rotoworld

possible Kevin Williams replacement

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash

rotoworld

I have to think the Bears aren't stupid enough to let him go.

vCash
    What WR and G's are going to be in FA that we can get, even with a decent Percy contract?

vCash

rotoworld

I am pretty confident that the Bears won't even let him hit the market since there is a good chance they'd never see him again. I'd expect a franchise tag if it came down to that. Otherwise, man would he look good in purple.

vCash
    Nick Foles - QB - Eagles
    ESPN's Ron Jaworski does not believe Nick Foles is capable of running a Chip Kelly offense.
    CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported Sunday that the Eagles will make a "heavy push" for Kelly, who is currently coaching Oregon. That would appear to be an awful fit for the lead-footed Foles. "Nick Foles will not run a Chip Kelly offense if he decided to come here, rest assured of that," Jaws said. "If a coach like Chip Kelly ... that runs this up-tempo, spread, speed-style option, these guys come here, there might be a future for Michael Vick. I know he's [32], I know he's been beat up, but I'll tell you, some of the things I'm seeing, Michael Vick can do the same things these guys are doing in the spread option." Vick would have to accept a massive paycut in order to be back in Philadelphia.
    rotoworld

I think Jaworski took one too many hits to the head if he thinks Vick hangs on as an Eagle next year, but if he does, and Foles is such a bad fit for Chip Kelly, this is the developmental backup guy I would LOVE to have on our team. He made his fair share of mistakes, but I like his arm and what I've seen from him so far. He's not a veteran backup, but I think he could compete well with Webb and Bethel-Thompson and a cut above what we're going to see on the FA market (even if he is not as experienced). He was a 3rd round pick, and I kind of expect that if the Eagles are shopping him he has a good chance of ending up wherever Andy Reid goes, but who knows, as long as a team like Arizona doesn't want him I think we could land him for a 3rd or 4th this year (much less than we'd have to for out for Cousins if that was even an option).

I still firmly believe in Christian Ponder but its not out of the question to have a backup/insurance policy.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    So, is it going to be like this again where every available QB is going to be brought up as a possible Viking? Bores me to tears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    So, is it going to be like this again where every available QB is going to be brought up as a possible Viking? Bores me to tears.
    Well we sure could use an upgrade at backup QB and after some of the games he's had this year half the people on this site are ready to kill Ponder. I like the guy, and I'm not ready to say he's not the answer, especially after his play last week (essentially doing everything that he was supposed to) but we sure could use a better backup.

I don't like to talk about every QB that could be out there, but when I do see someone that I like, who could fit in with our team (Foles) then I'll bring it up. This kind of talk isn't going to go away until Ponder can silence all of his critics.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Then you might want to start talking veterans, because that's the kind of guy they will/should bring in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Then you might want to start talking veterans, because that's the kind of guy they will/should bring in.
    fitzpatrick? the bills GM has been talking about drafting a rookie QB this year (even though this years class sucks balls).
    Last edited by wrizzo; 12-27-2012 at 03:40 PM.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

vCash
    this offseason, we should be a magnet for QBs who want to establish or resurrect their careers. ponder will get a vote of confidence going into the season, but if we add (which i think we all suspect we will) a large outside burner to round out the WR corp... the FO would be FOOLS not to upgrade the backup QB position should ponder stumble out of the gate.

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast