Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^ Barden would be a slick pickup.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    He was just cut by the Dolphins who have an even worse situation at WR than we do (but mainly because they don't have Percy Harvin, although I do like Hartline) and before they cut him he was only there for depth. If we can't use Jerome Simpson as a deep threat what makes you think that Armstrong will work out even better? As far as I know though we do have a roster spot free since we IR'd Chris Cook but I wouldn't be surprised if they activated someone from the PS instead. 3 catches for 12 yards over 5 games.....................
    He did have a good season in 2010. He is better than Burton or Jenkins. He has some wheels and his hands are not all that bad. He is young and has some good ability. A trade for Barden sounds like the best option to provide a Great outside guy.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    I don't understand why nobody seems interested in S. Smith. A. Armstrong and Barden are not going to make teams respect the deep ball. Smith would. We have seen lots of Pro Bowl WR's remain deep threats long into their 30's. Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward, T. Owens, R. Moss, C. Carter, and Roddy white are all playing at high levels.

Smith is a workout warrior and when WR's keep themselves in shape they can be productive past 35.

I think we could get this season and 2 more productive seasons out of Smith. No team will leave smith 1 on 1 without S help. He solves a lot of problems before he even catches a pass.

Having Smith would allow us to take our time, two offseason's of FA's and drafts to find a younger, hopefully bigger #1 to pair with Harvin and Peterson for the future.

vCash
    Anthony Armstrong - WR - Jaguars
    Oct 31 - 4:46 PM

Jaguars claimed WR Anthony Armstrong off waivers from the Dolphins.

Armstrong will take Mike Thomas' roster spot, and perhaps his role on offense. Limited to just three catches in five games in Miami, Armstrong will make similarly little impact in Jacksonville.

Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1
    So much for Armstrong....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Anthony Armstrong - WR - Jaguars
    Oct 31 - 4:46 PM

So much for Armstrong....

Not a big loss for us. We should really only be looking at either Barden or Bowe in the off-season. If we trade for Barden it shouldn't be more than a 6th rd. pick. He hasn't proven anything really, he had one good game only.

If we land Bowe, through either crazy salesmanship, luck or divine intervention, we should all do a happy dance at the stadium. haha

Also, noob question of the day: I'm on this site a lot, reading more than replying most of the time, but I wanted to know when I would be able to put a cool sig on my profile/posts. How do I go about that? Thanks gang!

vCash
    Guys there is NO ONE that will come and here and make our WR better in the middle of the season with no prior experience in our offense. Some of these ideas make me want to bang my head against a wall. Well not some ideas..all of these.

Nifty: at 100 posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post

Nifty: at 100 posts

Much mahalos. We just need to ride this season out, see how we do and keep building. Not much else to it.

vCash
    Sterling Moore - DB - Free Agent
    Oct 31 - 5:45 PM

Patriots waived DB Sterling Moore.

The Pats' nickel back, Moore's the first scapegoat for New England's abysmal pass defense even though he's graded out neutrally in Pro Football Focus' coverage ratings. A hero in last year's playoffs, Moore may not slip through waivers unclaimed.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Much mahalos. We just need to ride this season out, see how we do and keep building. Not much else to it.
    I agree. Until Ponder gets things figured out, going out and spending too much money or giving up draft picks is not going to have much positive impact on the offense this year.

vCash
    I would rather see us activate Felder than sign someone new. That boy has talent and just needs to see some game action. And as long as I'm talking about hopeful things, I hope we parlay Toby into a 2nd rd. pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Sterling Moore - DB - Free Agent
    Oct 31 - 5:45 PM
    I have seen him play in the past, he would be a pretty good fit for our defense. He definitely excels in zone coverage. I am going to guess someone will probably claim him before he gets to us though.

vCash
    Dwayne Bowe - WR - Chiefs
    Word had reportedly "circulated in league circles" that Dwayne Bowe had no interest in signing an offseason contract with any team looking to trade for him this week.
    League rules prohibit franchised players from signing a new deal during the season, and Bowe is determined to hit the open market. According to ESPN 1500 Twin Cities, some scouts grade Bowe as a No. 2 receiver, and there have been questions about his work ethic, leadership and conditioning. The Vikings never had interest, as Percy Harvin's rookie contract is expected to be ripped up in the offseason. No NFL team has two receivers with contracts averaging at least $6 million per year.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Dwayne Bowe - WR - Chiefs

rotoworld
    Thats what i'm thinking. Trade for him. He'll help our offense out a lot since Jerome Simpson is a bust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frezhnitz View Post
    Thats what i'm thinking. Trade for him. He'll help our offense out a lot since Jerome Simpson is a bust.
    The trade deadline is over. Go read what the article said, "The Vikings never had interest, as Percy Harvin's rookie contract is expected to be ripped up in the offseason. No NFL team has two receivers with contracts averaging at least $6 million per year."

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    How can you call Simpson a bust. He was out 3 games, hurt one and the others we didn't even get him the ball much.. I still think he's got it.

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast