Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtoast View Post
    My biggest concern that I have been saying for the past few weeks is that his vision is terrible. He has the smarts, mobility, and arm strength to be a good QB, but without that vision nothing else matters. I don't care that he checks down a lot. I don't care if he gets 300 yards and 4tds on short passes to percy harvin. What I care about is when he checks the ball down while a receiver makes his way through a void spot in the zone and just completely misses him.

Last night the second to last play before halftime, Jerome Simpson(Could have been Jenkins dont remember) was coming from the left side and made his way into a void spot in the zone on the right side of the field and Ponder could have easily rocketed the ball into him, but instead he doesn't see him until he has a defender near him and nearly throws a pick. It was because he was looking directly at the receiver that was on the right side of the field as he was rolling out to the right.

I think Ponder knows where he's going to throw the ball before the ball is snapped, and if that happens to not be open, he checks it down. Which is fine, but most of the time their is more than one receiver running a route.

To be honest though, my biggest concern is why the **** are we not throwing to rudolph? That's one guy that can make Ponder look like a star and we are not using him.
    Also Very True

vCash
    At the beginning of the year most of you doubted that we would be a .500 team.

Ponder needs better protection, study film to learn from his mistakes, and learn the offense better.

For now, chill out and let the kid learn from his mistakes.

vCash
    Put Mcloed Bethel Thompson in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvikingfan View Post
    At the beginning of the year most of you doubted that we would be a .500 team.

Ponder needs better protection, study film to learn from his mistakes, and learn the offense better.

For now, chill out and let the kid learn from his mistakes.
    OMG he's garbage, it's literally painfull to watch this guy throw a football, Chad Pennington had better arm strength than this guy..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Now on a more serious note

I'm sorry, but we're way far away from where we were going into 09 on offense. We don't have anybody on the roster at WR who could even hope to do what Sidney Rice did in 09. Hell even 2009 Bernard Berrian would be better than every WR on the team not named Percy Harvin. Also we didn't have just ANY QB in 2009, we only had a future hall of famer playing the best football of his career, that's going to be really easy to duplicate. In a few ways we're better, we have guys like Rudolph and Kalil who have their whole careers ahead of them (unlike Mount McUseless, I mean McKinnie) so keep that in mind as we move forward.

Christian Ponder is our starting QB. He's going to stay our starting QB for the foreseeable future (going into next season). We should not be drafting another QB this year, we shouldn't go looking for anybody in free agency either, other than someone that we can have as an upgrade at 2nd string. The way he's played and our offense has performed in the past few games isn't something that we should just accept, however its way too soon for anybody to decide that he isn't the guy.
    Huge mistake that we didn't sign V JAX in the offseason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    Huge mistake that we didn't sign V JAX in the offseason
    VJAX was paid $55.56 million this off season. We wouldn't have paid him that. Further more if Ponder throws with less arm strength than Chad Pennington then what does it matter? Really getting sick of the defeatist attitude that this place has.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    VJAX was paid $55.56 million this off season. We wouldn't have paid him that. Further more if Ponder throws with less arm strength than Chad Pennington then what does it matter? Really getting sick of the defeatist attitude that this place has.
    I agree. V JAX would not have made a difference if everyone on here questions Ponder's arm strength.

I think in the next draft we look for a mauling left guard.

Most teams nowadays focus on the passing game. We have 3 very good running backs, AP, Toby, and Harvin. I know Harvin is a WR, but he is a quik RB too.

Imagine if we had a huge OL that can push any defense around at will.

vCash
    If we don't sign someone like Bowe in free agency then I'm afraid we won't fix the problem of having another weapon on offense, by next year that is. I'm fine with drafting someone to fill the need just as long as everyone realizes not ever rookie wide receiver is capable of coming in and being the savior right away. Sure you find the Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin, Percy Harvin type guys every now and then but more than likely it takes WR's 2-4 seasons to even produce if they even pan out. I just dont want to see everyone overhype whatever WR we draft thinking he'll come in and do wonders just because there is a opening for another receiving playermaker in our offense. Look at Michael Floyd for example, prime talent not making a real huge splash as a rookie.

vCash
    If we traded for him this year would we be favorites to win the super bowl? If you said no, like you should have said, then why they hell should we waste our picks to trade for a talent that might stay, or might not.
    I would love to have him, i like him, but at this point in, it is not a good idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    What I hate about this situation is that we just "had" to win in Washington last year taking us out of a top two draft position. Think about what we could have done with those extra picks that the Rams were able to acquire...

We could honestly could have gotten away with taking Ponder early and him failing with our surplus of picks in the coming years. But as always the Vikings find a way to mess some things up.
    Or draft luck or RG3...

vCash
    If we traded for Matt Ryan we wouldn't be a shoe in for the Superbowl,,,its not about that its about making our team the best it can be and rolling with that...Bowe would make our team way better,,,,maybe its not feasible but thats beside my argument right now about him not making us better....We did spend a bunch of money on Carlson but to his defense he hasn't been used at all to evaluate anything.

vCash
    SI's Peter King suggested on Football Night in America Sunday that Steven Jackson and Dwayne Bowe are the two likeliest players in the league to be traded ahead of Tuesday's deadline.

King reported that the phones are currently "dead" around the league, but that can change quickly in a deadline league. Per King, the Rams would be unwilling to trade Jackson for anything less than a third-round pick. King said the same for the Chiefs and Bowe. Expect trade buzz to pick up by Monday night.

Oct 28 - 8:14 PM
    http://www.rotoworld.com/default.aspx?rw=1

vCash
    Bowe for a 3rd round pick would be awesome. However, I doubt we can pay both Bowe and Harvin.....I'd take Harvin over Bowe every day of the week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I would love to have Bowe on this team... Don't see it happening however. I highly doubt either gets traded but never know!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    If we traded for him this year would we be favorites to win the super bowl? If you said no, like you should have said, then why they hell should we waste our picks to trade for a talent that might stay, or might not.
    I would love to have him, i like him, but at this point in, it is not a good idea.
    We still wouldn't even be the favorites in our own division, let alone the Super Bowl.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast