Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Jerome Simpson is in Minnesota today.

vCash
    Jerome simpson on 4/20. Something interesting should come out of this at least.

vCash
    Im all for signing Simpson, even considering his recent issues.

He would give us a solid target outside the numbers and would most likely come at a pretty cheap price. It would also make WR less of a need so it would give us a better chance to draft Kalil.

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Wow, looks like CB and WR needs are falling down the draft boards for us.. its getting more likely we are thinking MLB or DT in rounds 2-3

vCash
    Good move if they sign him he'd be the 2nd best WR on the team...kid gots tons of talent. I have a feeling the Vikes are targeting a LB like Kendricks or a safety in the 2nd and gunna grab the best WR left in the 3rd if Simpson signs.

vCash
    How does signing Simpson make WR less of a need? He will be suspended the first 4 games of the year, he has never been more than a 3rd WR.

vCash
    Didn't know they annouced his punishment yet and everything I've seen on him says he's a solid #2 WR. I just like the depth at WR in the draft so u can get a MLB or S in the 2nd and still get a WR in the 3rd where the talent doesnt drop off as much as it does at the positions I mentioned before.

vCash
    It's been reported that he will face at least a 4 game suspension. Maybe he could be a decent #2, he's actually 6'2 which surprised me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrism516 View Post
    How does signing Simpson make WR less of a need? He will be suspended the first 4 games of the year, he has never been more than a 3rd WR.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrism516 View Post
    It's been reported that he will face at least a 4 game suspension. Maybe he could be a decent #2, he's actually 6'2 which surprised me.
    WR will still be a need, just not as much of one. The four game suspension isnt that big of deal, we can make due til he comes back.

A WR corp of :

-Harvin
    -Simpson
    - <insert rookie here>
    -Jenkins/Aromashodu

Looks like a pretty solid improvement to me. The good thing about Simpson is that he is a fast outside guy capable of stretching the field.

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Jerome Simpson - WR - Bengals

Free agent WR Jerome Simpson is visiting the Vikings on Saturday.
    Yes, he's active on 4/20. Simpson has the speed and ridiculous athleticism the Vikings are sorely missing outside the numbers. The Rams and a couple of other teams reportedly remain interested in Simpson as well. He could be a fallback option for teams that fail to pick up an impact receiver in the draft.
    rotoworld

Eh he wouldn't be that bad of a signing. This is would be similar to signing Ginn minus the return ability. I'd be ok with signing him, he's a solid player. He had 50 catches for 725 yards and 4 tds last season. He's only 26 too. The more I read the more I started to actually kind of like this.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 04-20-2012 at 03:01 PM.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Just realized 2 things with Simpson:

1.) He just got out of jail...like today (or at least was to be in 15 days starting the 5th)
    2.) It's 4/20...and we're interviewing a pakalolo user- good or bad idea there?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Ponder, AP, Rudolph, Carlson, Percy, and Blackmon sounds Awesome to me

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Simpson too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LT.CARDWISIE View Post
    Ponder, AP, Rudolph, Carlson, Percy, and Blackmon sounds Awesome to me
    Sorry, but I just don't see us taking Blackmon, at least at 3. If we trade down, that's a different story. But replace Blackmon with 2nd or 3rd round WR and it still sounds pretty good, a lot better than last year at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugefan View Post
    Sorry, but I just don't see us taking Blackmon, at least at 3. If we trade down, that's a different story. But replace Blackmon with 2nd or 3rd round WR and it still sounds pretty good, a lot better than last year at least.
    I like Blackmon but I'm not a fan of taking him that high either. So much depth this year at receiver we can get an impact player in the 2nd or 3rd round. Give me Kalil, Jeffery/Randle in the 2nd and Brandon Taylor in the 3rd or Kalil, Harrison Smith in the 2nd and Quick or McNutt or Marvin Jones or Chris Givens in the 3rd.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast