Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I like some of your choices, I'd be interesting to see how far old Jeff George could still throw the ball, however I think the veteran free agent we should target is Doug Flutie. Fran Tarkenton 2.0

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Say what you want but Ponder is tanking and I believe he isn't going to prove me wrong anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Im for the most part joking but to be honest and to put it bluntly we are right were we were at the end of 08,,,,just a QB away that can generate a mid to deep passing game.

Ponder has regressed faster than I have seen anyone in recent memory, and im one of his biggest fans,,,,,I have seen the dropped passes, big hits on him, and see AP get the ball alot but still,,,,,with our surprise team this season you cant say your jaw isn't on the floor with our QB play.
    Now on a more serious note

I'm sorry, but we're way far away from where we were going into 09 on offense. We don't have anybody on the roster at WR who could even hope to do what Sidney Rice did in 09. Hell even 2009 Bernard Berrian would be better than every WR on the team not named Percy Harvin. Also we didn't have just ANY QB in 2009, we only had a future hall of famer playing the best football of his career, that's going to be really easy to duplicate. In a few ways we're better, we have guys like Rudolph and Kalil who have their whole careers ahead of them (unlike Mount McUseless, I mean McKinnie) so keep that in mind as we move forward.

Christian Ponder is our starting QB. He's going to stay our starting QB for the foreseeable future (going into next season). We should not be drafting another QB this year, we shouldn't go looking for anybody in free agency either, other than someone that we can have as an upgrade at 2nd string. The way he's played and our offense has performed in the past few games isn't something that we should just accept, however its way too soon for anybody to decide that he isn't the guy.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Say what you want but Ponder is tanking and I believe he isn't going to prove me wrong anytime soon.
    Nope, but don't you worry, if he hangs a win on Green Bay lots of people in here are going to be jumping on his dick and talking about how great he's always been and how they always counted on him.

There has to be some loyalty shown here, he still hasn't gotten enough time. I'm not about to say we keep him around as long as T-Jack, and there's something else that's going to be different about the whole situation too. If and when the decision is made that we're done with Ponder, expect him to be dealt or cut immediately, with the slim chance that he could stay on as a backup. Once we reach that point with him (hopefully we never will) he's not going to stay in our plans as eventual QB of the future (like T-Jack did in 2009 and 2010).

The ghosts of T-Jack and Favre are haunting us and making it harder for some people to stomach the development process we need to go through with a new QB. We all saw it in our earlier games, Ponder was getting better and better each game. That's hit the skids now, so lets pout about it like spoiled children.

I'm going to support the guy as our starter until (at the very earliest) the beginning of NEXT season (after training camp) if this inconsistency continues. I'm not opposed to them opening a competition between anyone on the roster though, especially if we sign a better veteran backup QB in free agency and make all three of the QBs we have on the roster now compete for their jobs.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I still say we need to give him this season, whether it be good or bad. Everyone knows he can do it. He has proven he can make the throws, he just needs to find some consistency. I honestly think a good coach could make Ponder in to a franchise QB but it doesnt seem like were doing much to get him on the right track

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Chill out guys. I'm disappointed as well but we all expected there to be some struggles with Ponder, with the entire team. The good news is we're still 5-3 and we have 3 extra days to get rested up and ready for Seattle. Seattle will be tough but we match up well against them. Like I've said before, a lot of young QB's don't really break out until their 3rd year. Ponder just does not have anybody that gets open. It's either the personnel or the offense. We'll be fine I expect Ponder to bounce back here shortly.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Chill out guys. I'm disappointed as well but we all expected there to be some struggles with Ponder, with the entire team. The good news is we're still 5-3 and we have 3 extra days to get rested up and ready for Seattle. Seattle will be tough but we match up well against them. Like I've said before, a lot of young QB's don't really break out until their 3rd year. Ponder just does not have anybody that gets open. It's either the personnel or the offense. We'll be fine I expect Ponder to bounce back here shortly.

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash
    I expect that too I just get worked up over all the pouting that happens over a loss. We should all be pissed off over some of the gaffs we made last night, however the extent and level it gets to, some people suggesting that we won't win another game this season, Ponder's not the answer and the whole leadership apparatus of the organization needs to be fired.

People are frustrated, I get that but some of this approaches the epitome of fair-weather fandom, bandwagon jumpers the lot of them. If you don't have the balls to gut through the tough times you don't have a right to celebrate the good times.

I've been one of the most outspoken supporters of Ponder on here from day one, and I'm freely willing to admit that if he continues to play this way there just isn't going to be a place for him on this team as starting QB, however there's still a ways to go before a decision like that should be made.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Well at least you admit that. I don't care what player you are on the team if your hurting more than helping you have to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Nope, but don't you worry, if he hangs a win on Green Bay lots of people in here are going to be jumping on his dick and talking about how great he's always been and how they always counted on him.

There has to be some loyalty shown here, he still hasn't gotten enough time. I'm not about to say we keep him around as long as T-Jack, and there's something else that's going to be different about the whole situation too. If and when the decision is made that we're done with Ponder, expect him to be dealt or cut immediately, with the slim chance that he could stay on as a backup. Once we reach that point with him (hopefully we never will) he's not going to stay in our plans as eventual QB of the future (like T-Jack did in 2009 and 2010).

The ghosts of T-Jack and Favre are haunting us and making it harder for some people to stomach the development process we need to go through with a new QB. We all saw it in our earlier games, Ponder was getting better and better each game. That's hit the skids now, so lets pout about it like spoiled children.

I'm going to support the guy as our starter until (at the very earliest) the beginning of NEXT season (after training camp) if this inconsistency continues. I'm not opposed to them opening a competition between anyone on the roster though, especially if we sign a better veteran backup QB in free agency and make all three of the QBs we have on the roster now compete for their jobs.
    this. vikings nation has the most week by week fans of any fan base

^Credit to TearsOfPurple^

vCash
    Thank God Someone is staying calm around here. It was a bad game we are still 5-3 like you stated. Everyone over reacts when things go bad. I am a Vikes fan no matter what. It could be worse we could be 0-8...

vCash
    How many yards does a qb not have to not throw for before you get a little concerned. I am still a Ponder fan all the way but he sucks bad right now....he is horrible...Yes he just gives the ball off to AP the majority of the time, as he should, and yea he has been drilled hard many plays with middle protection not being there, and yes he has had a ton of balls placed perfectly and still even off the hands of our Wrs,,,and finally I do realize that other than some diehard fans...like myself earlier this season, that we dont have anything in our Offense in the passing game other than Harvin and Kyle but I will still say he is a huge reason we are loosing, and I can still be a fan.......We overall have a good line and the best two players offensively in the sport in Harvin and AP.

Ponder needs to step it up soon or I will start the chant for T-Joke to come back...Im serious,,,He has had his offseason and a baptism by fire last year,,,he knows the offense and the players that run in it....No More Excuses. I dont care at this stage of our youth development if we loose some games and dont make the playoffs,,,I need to see a QB throw the ball mid to deep and allow the BEST PLAYER IN FOOTBALL AP TO NOT SEE A SHORTENED CAREER WITH 9 MEN IN THE BOX EVERY ****ING PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause if we ever see a Superbowl Victory its going through No 28....Make no mistakes about that!!!!

vCash
    Personally, I understand all of the negativity around Ponder and any young QB that ever played in Minnesota. We ALL want to have the franchise QB we've been waitng years to have. I mean, who was the last franchise type QB we've had, Daunte Culpepper? You can see it in the fanbase, when Ponder does great, he's the next coming of Joe Montana....when he is bad, he is the next coming of Spergon Wynn. I think we all have been communicating things differently about Ponder (love him, hate him, support him) but we all want the same thing....a Franchise QB we can all hang our hats on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Childs Please View Post
    Personally, I understand all of the negativity around Ponder and any young QB that ever played in Minnesota. We ALL want to have the franchise QB we've been waitng years to have. I mean, who was the last franchise type QB we've had, Daunte Culpepper? You can see it in the fanbase, when Ponder does great, he's the next coming of Joe Montana....when he is bad, he is the next coming of Spergon Wynn. I think we all have been communicating things differently about Ponder (love him, hate him, support him) but we all want the same thing....a Franchise QB we can all hang our hats on.
    Very true

vCash
    My biggest concern that I have been saying for the past few weeks is that his vision is terrible. He has the smarts, mobility, and arm strength to be a good QB, but without that vision nothing else matters. I don't care that he checks down a lot. I don't care if he gets 300 yards and 4tds on short passes to percy harvin. What I care about is when he checks the ball down while a receiver makes his way through a void spot in the zone and just completely misses him.

Last night the second to last play before halftime, Jerome Simpson(Could have been Jenkins dont remember) was coming from the left side and made his way into a void spot in the zone on the right side of the field and Ponder could have easily rocketed the ball into him, but instead he doesn't see him until he has a defender near him and nearly throws a pick. It was because he was looking directly at the receiver that was on the right side of the field as he was rolling out to the right.

I think Ponder knows where he's going to throw the ball before the ball is snapped, and if that happens to not be open, he checks it down. Which is fine, but most of the time their is more than one receiver running a route.

To be honest though, my biggest concern is why the **** are we not throwing to rudolph? That's one guy that can make Ponder look like a star and we are not using him.
    Last edited by frenchtoast; 10-26-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    [Minnesota Vikings] - [Chicago White Sox] - [Purdue Boilermakers]

Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast