Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1011
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    18,700
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB4570 View Post
    Ok I'm not sure how accurate or to date this analysis of Mitchell is but I hope this guy is better in coverage than this reports says.


    Analysis

    Positives: Big-framed athlete who carries his weight well and has a well-proportioned body Has adequate playing strength to shed blocks and shows decent vision to make plays in the short area Fills the rush lanes quickly, getting low in his stance to drive the fullback back on his heels Uses his hands effectively to shed, sliding off to knife through the line Has adequate lateral agility Drags ball carriers down and wraps with authority Stays with backs tight covering on underneath routes Turns his hips sharply, turns and levels off when dropping back under the zone Has a knack for slipping under blocks in back-side pursuit and showed much better leg drive in attempts to push blockers back into the pocket as a senior than he did in previous seasons.

    Negatives: Lack of quickness (4.86-5.02 40-yard dash times) is his major liability Very inconsistent in his attempts to shed blocks, letting the opponent rise and get their hands into his chest too easily Gets walled off by the quicker blockers and pinned back when trying to pursue up field Lacks quickness to handle receivers past the short area Not a good practice player and needs to improve his training habits Does not respond well to hard coaching Needs to slip past blocks to make tackles, as he lacks good hand usage in attempts to disengage Falls off too many tackles working in space Lacks ball awareness in passing situations Has good straight-line speed to close, but lacks range to string plays wide Arrested in May 2006 for disorderly conduct and was suspended from the team once.

    Compares To: DARYL SMITH-Jacksonville Mitchell is stout vs. the inside running game, but lacks the quickness and range to make plays in pursuit. He showed better urgency locating the ball in 2006, but will still bite on misdirection and his lack of speed is a liability in the passing game. His work ethic also needs to improve.
    Yeah that's pretty contradictory from what was posted on roto. Lets hope roto is correct.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,780
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB4570 View Post
    Ok I'm not sure how accurate or to date this analysis of Mitchell is but I hope this guy is better in coverage than this reports says.


    Analysis

    Positives: Big-framed athlete who carries his weight well and has a well-proportioned body … Has adequate playing strength to shed blocks and shows decent vision to make plays in the short area … Fills the rush lanes quickly, getting low in his stance to drive the fullback back on his heels … Uses his hands effectively to shed, sliding off to knife through the line … Has adequate lateral agility … Drags ball carriers down and wraps with authority … Stays with backs tight covering on underneath routes … Turns his hips sharply, turns and levels off when dropping back under the zone … Has a knack for slipping under blocks in back-side pursuit and showed much better leg drive in attempts to push blockers back into the pocket as a senior than he did in previous seasons.

    Negatives: Lack of quickness (4.86-5.02 40-yard dash times) is his major liability … Very inconsistent in his attempts to shed blocks, letting the opponent rise and get their hands into his chest too easily … Gets walled off by the quicker blockers and pinned back when trying to pursue up field … Lacks quickness to handle receivers past the short area … Not a good practice player and needs to improve his training habits … Does not respond well to hard coaching … Needs to slip past blocks to make tackles, as he lacks good hand usage in attempts to disengage … Falls off too many tackles working in space … Lacks ball awareness in passing situations … Has good straight-line speed to close, but lacks range to string plays wide … Arrested in May 2006 for disorderly conduct and was suspended from the team once.

    Compares To: DARYL SMITH-Jacksonville … Mitchell is stout vs. the inside running game, but lacks the quickness and range to make plays in pursuit. He showed better urgency locating the ball in 2006, but will still bite on misdirection and his lack of speed is a liability in the passing game. His work ethic also needs to improve.
    I'm pretty sure when they say coverage units they mean special teams, not his ability in pass defense. He led the Dolphins in special teams tackles a year ago.


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,546
    vCash
    1500
    Mitchell is Kenny's replacement no?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,389
    vCash
    1500
    ^I would assume so.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

    Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,389
    vCash
    1500
    Sounds like the Steelers are willing to deal Wallace, for less then his 1st round tender actually. I think if Spielmen could swing him for #35 pick that would be amazing.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

    Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,780
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Sounds like the Steelers are willing to deal Wallace, for less then his 1st round tender actually. I think if Spielmen could swing him for #35 pick that would be amazing.
    Won't happen. We can't afford to pay Mike Wallace and Percy Harvin 10 million each.


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,153
    vCash
    1500
    Gary Guyton - LB -

    Dolphins agreed to terms with LB Gary Guyton, formerly of the Patriots.
    Guyton, 26, is known as a coverage-specialist linebacker, but struggled in that role with New England last season. He'll likely be a backup option on the weak side in Miami. The Dolphins' linebacker pursuit shouldn't end here.

    Source: Miami Herald Apr 13 - 5:27 PM

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5012/gary-guyton

    It looks like we got Marvin Mitchell from Miami and they used Guyton to fill that vacancy.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, Ny
    Posts
    1,559
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Won't happen. We can't afford to pay Mike Wallace and Percy Harvin 10 million each.
    i love the kid... but Percy is not worth 10 million/y!!! if he played in all 16 games, caught 100 balls for over 1200 yards and 10 tds this year... then the contract would have to require those numbers again in order to pay out 10 million for a year.



    WISH LIST:

    Win a SB before I die.


    The enemies gate is down

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,780
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wrizzo View Post
    i love the kid... but Percy is not worth 10 million/y!!! if he played in all 16 games, caught 100 balls for over 1200 yards and 10 tds this year... then the contract would have to require those numbers again in order to pay out 10 million for a year.
    87 catches 967 yards and 6 tds while playing barely over 50% of the snaps along with poor QB play is a damn good season if you ask me. I only said 10 million because I was just throwing out a rough estimate based off of what other receivers are getting on the market and the fact there is going to be inflation of contracts due to the rookie wage scale. We need to do whatever we can to lock him up long term because he still only 24 and is about to reach the prime of his career. Once Ponder develops into an NFL QB and we get some other receivers who open up the middle of the field for Harvin he'll start to get pretty close to the numbers you listed. Harvin is very valuable to this team.


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marble, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    87 catches 967 yards and 6 tds while playing barely over 50% of the snaps along with poor QB play is a damn good season if you ask me. I only said 10 million because I was just throwing out a rough estimate based off of what other receivers are getting on the market and the fact there is going to be inflation of contracts due to the rookie wage scale. We need to do whatever we can to lock him up long term because he still only 24 and is about to reach the prime of his career. Once Ponder develops into an NFL QB and we get some other receivers who open up the middle of the field for Harvin he'll start to get pretty close to the numbers you listed. Harvin is very valuable to this team.
    100% correct, I will further what you are saying and say that Harvin is as special of a player as AP and that is saying oceans. Harvin is the most underutilized player in any sport ive ever seen. If we used him like we should he would have easily double to triple coverage every play leaving Devin and Jenkins little coverage and availability to get open alot more.

    Harvin=Ap

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,780
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    100% correct, I will further what you are saying and say that Harvin is as special of a player as AP and that is saying oceans. Harvin is the most underutilized player in any sport ive ever seen. If we used him like we should he would have easily double to triple coverage every play leaving Devin and Jenkins little coverage and availability to get open alot more.

    Harvin=Ap
    He is underutilized but I can understand why they would want to limit his snaps. He plays the game 120% every play and he gets banged up easily because is pretty small. It's honestly not a bad strategy because the last thing we want is Percy dealing with nagging injuries and having to miss games because of it. Percy being limited last season was very hard because he was the only play maker we had at receiver last year. He definitely should not be hovering around the 50% mark but we do need to be a little cautious with him. Hopefully we add some more weapons at receiver during the draft so when we do take him out of the game, we won't miss him as much. We really need somebody who can stretch the field to complement Percy.


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    782
    vCash
    1500
    I think we could afford to pay Wallace and Harvin but there would be cuts and lesser players elsewhere then, like Kevin Williams for example. To me WR is gaining more and more importance in the league and Wallace and Harvin would be a great pair. Trade this years 2nd and 4th and see if they accept.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,310
    vCash
    1500
    Asante Samuel On the block - costly financially but likely could get him for 4th rounder?

    Huge need.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by specialiststeve View Post
    Asante Samuel On the block - costly financially but likely could get him for 4th rounder?

    Huge need.
    Oh hell no! We've already discussed this, not only is Samuel prohibitively expensive, the guy can't tackle and doesn't fit our scheme at all. Even if he did, he MAYBE has 2 years left in him. He is not worth a 4th round pick, even if we have three of them.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Oh hell no! We've already discussed this, not only is Samuel prohibitively expensive, the guy can't tackle and doesn't fit our scheme at all. Even if he did, he MAYBE has 2 years left in him. He is not worth a 4th round pick, even if we have three of them.
    Not only that, but I dont believe we can trade our compensatory picks which means we are trading ours. Pretty much a late 3rd. Not for an old guy

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •