Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 1011
  1. #736
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Braylon Edwards - WR - Jets
    Jets claimed WR Braylon Edwards off waivers from the Seahawks.
    No other team put in a waiver claim. Stephen Hill's knee injury left the Jets thin in the passing game with Clyde Gates (concussion) and Dustin Keller (ankle) also sidelined. Edwards struggled to separate from defenders in posting just eight receptions for 74 yards over 10 games with the Seahawks. Seattle cited an injury in waiving Edwards, though he played just two days before the transaction. Expect him to back up starters Jeremy Kerley and Chaz Schilens. Edwards isn't worth adding in fantasy leagues.
    rotoworld

    took quite awhile for that to go through

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kenosha, Wi
    Posts
    869
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Braylon Edwards - WR - Jets

    rotoworld

    took quite awhile for that to go through
    With Percy on IR I don't understand why the hell we aren't taking a flyer on people like Braylon or Plax. We gotta do something and wasn't it like a week ago that Fraizer said we were gonna do something about the WR situation? I mean we're still in the playoff picture and there is absolutely no sense of urgency. Just like when we have the ball at the end of the half. That kind of attitude is a huge problem and it comes from the coaching staff. Seriously WTF are they waiting for? Us to be out of the playoff picture so they don't have to make a decision? Pathetic!!!!

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    With Percy on IR I don't understand why the hell we aren't taking a flyer on people like Braylon or Plax. We gotta do something and wasn't it like a week ago that Fraizer said we were gonna do something about the WR situation? I mean we're still in the playoff picture and there is absolutely no sense of urgency. Just like when we have the ball at the end of the half. That kind of attitude is a huge problem and it comes from the coaching staff. Seriously WTF are they waiting for? Us to be out of the playoff picture so they don't have to make a decision? Pathetic!!!!
    I think that the conclusion they've come to is that its too late in the season to pick somebody up, get them up to speed and expect a worthwhile contribution. There isn't any urgency for the playoffs, and I can see why. Even if we make the playoffs, its highly doubtful that we'd advance. Rather than trying to overachieve right now, they are planning for the future. This isn't a win-now year, we're really not in any position to try it, what we should be doing is figuring out who on the roster is a keeper and who isn't.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  4. #739
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    44
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I think that the conclusion they've come to is that its too late in the season to pick somebody up, get them up to speed and expect a worthwhile contribution. There isn't any urgency for the playoffs, and I can see why. Even if we make the playoffs, its highly doubtful that we'd advance. Rather than trying to overachieve right now, they are planning for the future. This isn't a win-now year, we're really not in any position to try it, what we should be doing is figuring out who on the roster is a keeper and who isn't.
    I agree with you that they believe they won't be able to really bring in anybody that can make a meaningful contribution over the next three weeks. I disagree with you though that they've packed it in for the season and are not trying to make the playoffs. Even if the Vikes finish at 9-7, they could make the playoffs. If you look at the matchups for the Cowboys, Redskins and Bears over the next three weeks, the Vikings could honestly get the help they need to make the playoffs. Once there, how can you ever count them out with AP on the team?
    I think it's more a decision that both Edwards and Burress were at one time premiere receivers, and would likely demand more money than they are worth to the vikings. Not to mention, both have had their personal issues, and honestly, I think the FO doesn't want to disrupt the chemistry of the locker room. From everything we hear, this team is absolutely, 100% committed to each other. Everyone is going out and playing as hard as they absolutely can. That is so much more important than an aging used-to-be premiere receiver this late in the season.
    They aren't going to blow anyone out, but they will fight to the end of the game. What I saw against the Bears is that the receivers are able to do just enough to help the run game.
    As much as you want to complain about Ponder (maybe not you personally), on his INT against Chicago, he recognized the wide-open receiver, and tried to get it to him. His mistake was not setting his feet. If he takes another 2 steps to his left, sets his feet and steps into the throw, he'd give his receiver a chance to catch the ball. He has the arm strength, he just made a bad decision about how to throw the ball. That can be fixed, especially if the O-line starts blocking better and he doesn't get pressure in his face.

  5. #740
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hpmott View Post
    I agree with you that they believe they won't be able to really bring in anybody that can make a meaningful contribution over the next three weeks. I disagree with you though that they've packed it in for the season and are not trying to make the playoffs. Even if the Vikes finish at 9-7, they could make the playoffs. If you look at the matchups for the Cowboys, Redskins and Bears over the next three weeks, the Vikings could honestly get the help they need to make the playoffs. Once there, how can you ever count them out with AP on the team?
    I think it's more a decision that both Edwards and Burress were at one time premiere receivers, and would likely demand more money than they are worth to the vikings. Not to mention, both have had their personal issues, and honestly, I think the FO doesn't want to disrupt the chemistry of the locker room. From everything we hear, this team is absolutely, 100% committed to each other. Everyone is going out and playing as hard as they absolutely can. That is so much more important than an aging used-to-be premiere receiver this late in the season.
    They aren't going to blow anyone out, but they will fight to the end of the game. What I saw against the Bears is that the receivers are able to do just enough to help the run game.
    As much as you want to complain about Ponder (maybe not you personally), on his INT against Chicago, he recognized the wide-open receiver, and tried to get it to him. His mistake was not setting his feet. If he takes another 2 steps to his left, sets his feet and steps into the throw, he'd give his receiver a chance to catch the ball. He has the arm strength, he just made a bad decision about how to throw the ball. That can be fixed, especially if the O-line starts blocking better and he doesn't get pressure in his face.
    Exactly, and I pretty much said the same thing in the Chicago game thread, but at this point to his most outspoken critics Ponder is irredeemably he worst QB to ever play in the NFL and nothing will ever change that.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  6. #741
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Dwayne Bowe - WR - Chiefs
    The Kansas City Star does not expect the Chiefs to offer impending free agent Dwayne Bowe a long-term deal.
    Bowe played out the 2012 season on a one-year, $9.5 million franchise tender. He's expected to hit the open market as perhaps the best wideout available. In six seasons, he's averaged 4.7 catches for 65.0 yards and scored 39 touchdowns -- putting him in the conversation for the greatest Chiefs wideout of all time. Bowe will turn 29 in September.
    rotoworld

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  7. #742
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,532
    vCash
    1500
    well i hope the vikings do something on the free agent market and spielman better not do the risk reward type like he has done with carlson and simpson, the only risk reward that has works is felton and thats it.

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, Ny
    Posts
    1,557
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Dwayne Bowe - WR - Chiefs

    rotoworld
    Bowe and Jennings were both born on September 21st... Bowe is exactly 1 year younger than Jennings... which is why i find it odd that so many who are high on Bowe are also saying that Jennings is too old.

    I know Jennings has had Favre and Rodgers throwing him the rock and Bowe has had cast aways... but also... Bowe has really only been a garbage time star. This year has been even more garbage time than previous, but the stats he outs up are mostly all when defenses are playing umbrella deep. I would take Jennings over Bowe 10 out of 10 times... not even close.


    "I yam sofa king we todd did" - Musgrave



    WISH LIST:

    Win a SB before I die.


    The enemies gate is down

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, Ny
    Posts
    1,557
    vCash
    1500
    I hope we bundle all our FA budget into 1 BIG FA and otherwise continue to build through the draft. As I have already stated... if it were an offensive player, I would go G. Jennings.

    If it were defense... I hope that its D. Goldson. I'm sure he or Smith could make the switch to SS. That would be one nasty hard-hitting combo for teams to worry about... which makes an awful lot of sense in todays pass-happy NFL.

    I would prefer that we went with Goldson and got WRs in the draft.


    "I yam sofa king we todd did" - Musgrave



    WISH LIST:

    Win a SB before I die.


    The enemies gate is down

  10. #745
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    18,196
    vCash
    1500
    Bowe, I feel just fits what our needs are right now. Jennings is a great WR when healthy but he is only 5'11. Bowe is 6'3. Unless we draft a large WR then Bowe is who I want. Bowe can out muscle and out jump DBs which is what this team needs.

  11. #746
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, Ny
    Posts
    1,557
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Bowe, I feel just fits what our needs are right now. Jennings is a great WR when healthy but he is only 5'11. Bowe is 6'3. Unless we draft a large WR then Bowe is who I want. Bowe can out muscle and out jump DBs which is what this team needs.
    i can respect that. the age argument some are using is out of place... but ill give you the physical presence. Jennings isnt large, but he plays big. he is great at attacking the ball at its highest point... and he is a much better route runner!!! no need to have a jump ball when you are wide open. dont get me wrong... i would LOVE it if we got Bowe.


    "I yam sofa king we todd did" - Musgrave



    WISH LIST:

    Win a SB before I die.


    The enemies gate is down

  12. #747
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,529
    vCash
    1500
    I would prefer we draft 2 WR's and address OL CB or DT in FA
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 12-19-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    Minnesota Vikings

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,752
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Bowe, I feel just fits what our needs are right now. Jennings is a great WR when healthy but he is only 5'11. Bowe is 6'3. Unless we draft a large WR then Bowe is who I want. Bowe can out muscle and out jump DBs which is what this team needs.
    I would love to get him as well but I do agree with the person said that Bowe does get a good amount of his production from garbage work. He's been in a similar situation in KC with poor QB play this season so I'm a little bit worried about him being able to live up to the type of contract it would take to get him here. I'm all in for signing him but there will be some risks involved too. Plus we have to factor in if we resign Percy, can we afford to pay 2 WRs top notch money?


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  14. #749
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kenosha, Wi
    Posts
    869
    vCash
    1500
    I say we sign both Bowe and Jennings after we sign Percy and trade for Marshall. Oh wait this is real life. That would be Fn sweet though. (Damn why didn't we trade for Marahall? He is EXACTLY what we need)

  15. #750
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    18,196
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I would love to get him as well but I do agree with the person said that Bowe does get a good amount of his production from garbage work. He's been in a similar situation in KC with poor QB play this season so I'm a little bit worried about him being able to live up to the type of contract it would take to get him here. I'm all in for signing him but there will be some risks involved too. Plus we have to factor in if we resign Percy, can we afford to pay 2 WRs top notch money?
    I am not concerned at all about his production and don't believe he put up good numbers because of "garbage time." His best season was in 2010 when the Chiefs finished 10-6. You are right there are surely risks in signing him but there are risks in signing any player. For me its about limiting the risks and I think Bowe is less risky then signing Jennings. Jennings production with an elite QB has been very poor this season and hes missed eight games due to injury. Don't get me wrong I would love to get Jennings but would prefer to get Bowe.

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •