Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If we have a chance to get Rolando Mcclain we should take it. He has got potential. and young. and a MLB.

vCash
    Rolando!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    couple guys I really like for the off season is Rey Malualuga (MLB) and Jairus Bryrd (S)

These two guys alone would boost the defence a ton.
    Esp Malualuga, he would make for a great fit next to Greenway. He needs some serious help as does Harrison.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Byrd would be a solid pick up. Can Rey cover? That seems to be our LB's biggest weakness, their inability to cover receivers.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    With WR, G, DT, and MLB being our biggest weaknesses in that order can someone make a list of the top 10 FA's this offseason at each position. I think Ive seen a WR list but I would like to see a G, DT, and MLB one aswell.

vCash
    Rolando McClain sucks. No thanks. Rey Maualuga had been terrible up until the last few weeks but apparently lost some weight and has started to play better. Regardless, no thanks to him either.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 11-29-2012 at 08:29 PM.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Rolando McClain - LB - Raiders

Coach Dennis Allen remained tight-lipped on the specifics of MLB Rolando McClain's infraction against the team, saying only that "there's going to be consequences to his actions."
    The Raiders are likely going through the red tape, checking to see if a suspension is allowed under CBA rules. McClain has yet to hit the waiver wire, but he was asked not to come to practice. We don't expect to see him in a Raiders uniform again. NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell didn't mince words on McClain this week, opining that the No. 8 overall pick in the 2010 draft has been "awful ... arguably the worst starting 4-3 middle linebacker in the NFL. He can't move."
    rotoworld

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    HE would be expensive but how about Dashon Gholston... No way 49ers will be able to pay him and him and smith would be **cking Dirty!
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Braylon Edwards - WR - Free Agent
    Seahawks waived/injured WR Braylon Edwards.
    Edwards played last week, losing an apparent touchdown to replay. He did sit out two weeks with a knee injury a month ago, but wasn't known to be injured in Week 13. Perhaps his release is tied to Tuesday's Twitter outburst against the "idiots calling the shots" in the Jets organization. Edwards has since apologized for the comments, likely at the behest of his agent.
    Well, I can't say I was a huge fan of this guy or anything, but when you take one look at him, one look at who's on our team right now, then you take another look at who's available in free-agency, I think your opinion of him should improve.

He is a bit of a head case, but at this point he's younger than both T.O. (who I don't ever want to see here, unless we just sign him so Jared Allen can kick his a$#) and he has shown that he can pick up a play-book better than Chad Johnson. Edwards was traded from Cleveland to the Jets in October of 09. I can't say he's a genius and he just learned the playbook cold, he did have some production which is more than I can say about Ocho's time in NE.

Now it is possible his knee could be shot, he had problems with it before, and in camp so that might have been why Seattle let him go, what I think it was is that they clearly didn't need him on the team when they had Rice, Tate and Baldwin and he was yabbering his mouth so they decided he was expendable and cut their losses. They probably already decided that he won't be back next year so they waived him and brought up Durham from the practice squad, he could have a future with their team and now nobody can vulture him in week 17.

AFAIK Edwards only had a 1 year contract in Seattle, so even if we do put in a waiver claim and win, he's a FA week 17 but I wouldn't have any problem with giving him a fair 2 year deal so we could take him to camp next year.

I can't say I expect him to save our season, but I do expect him to run faster than Michael Jenkins and he would be better than any of our other wide-outs not named Harvin.

EDIT: This is from Braylon Edwards' twitter
    https://twitter.com/OfficialBraylon
    Business is business. My knee is great im in tip top shape, ready to make plays every day in practice, ready to make them on somones field. Progress.
    Last edited by 100%CHEESE FREE; 12-05-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    As far as waivers go we're somewhere in the 20s, but we do have a shot so we'll see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up somewhere like Jacksonville or Carolina. Hell even the Lions could use him since they deported Titus Young and Ryan Broyles wrecked his knee.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    We really should go get Edwards. He would be an upgrade to Jenkins. I would rather see Jenkins and Edwards than jenkins and Simpson right now.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    I can't see us going after Braylon Edwards but I wouldn't be upset at all if we took a chance on him.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I can't see us going after Braylon Edwards but I wouldn't be upset at all if we took a chance on him.
    Well it appears that he's passed through waivers unclaimed, see what happens from here.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Well it appears that he's passed through waivers unclaimed, see what happens from here.
    Well with Percy done for the season I think there is a much better chance that we go after somebody.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Visanthe Shiancoe - TE - Free Agent
    Patriots waived TE Visanthe Shiancoe.
    The Pats valued Shiancoe enough to stash him on injured reserve's designated for return list early this season, but not enough to keep him around for the stretch run. Rookie speedster Jeff Demps may have been a better use of the designation. Shiancoe has played just 59 snaps all season. Rob Gronkowski was given a 4-8 week timetable to return after undergoing surgery. It's been nearly four weeks.
    rotoworld

Considering we're paying Carlson as much as we paid Shaincoe, you have to wonder if we wouldn't bet better of with Shank back in Purple. That being said though, most people weren't exactly pleased with Shiancoe after his first year here (2007) either.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast