Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1011
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Oh hell no! We've already discussed this, not only is Samuel prohibitively expensive, the guy can't tackle and doesn't fit our scheme at all. Even if he did, he MAYBE has 2 years left in him. He is not worth a 4th round pick, even if we have three of them.
    Not only that, but I dont believe we can trade our compensatory picks which means we are trading ours. Pretty much a late 3rd. Not for an old guy

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,260
    vCash
    1500
    Okay I'll trust your opinion but I know Last year we had NO ONE out there that could either cover or takle. Amazing how great corners on other teams don't fit our "scheme". I think our scheme is the problem.

    Before last year he was rated the 4th best corner in "the league". You are right - he does not fit our scheme........... He is to good.
    Last edited by specialiststeve; 04-17-2012 at 01:52 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by specialiststeve View Post
    Okay I'll trust your opinion but I know Last year we had NO ONE out there that could either cover or takle. Amazing how great corners on other teams don't fit our "scheme". I think our scheme is the problem.

    Before last year he was rated the 4th best corner in "the league". You are right - he does not fit our scheme........... He is to good.
    Asante is a man-to-man cover corner. He is also a route jumping, poor-tackling LIABILITY who would refuse to play within our scheme. Do you know what happens when a player vacates his zone? We watched it happen repeatedly last year. Ced Griffin, and others, already showed what happens when a player refuses to play in our scheme, didn't work out too well did it?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SalisBurySteak View Post
    Asante is a man-to-man cover corner. He is also a route jumping, poor-tackling LIABILITY who would refuse to play within our scheme. Do you know what happens when a player vacates his zone? We watched it happen repeatedly last year. Ced Griffin, and others, already showed what happens when a player refuses to play in our scheme, didn't work out too well did it?
    ^This

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Land of the sun
    Posts
    3,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by specialiststeve View Post
    Okay I'll trust your opinion but I know Last year we had NO ONE out there that could either cover or takle. Amazing how great corners on other teams don't fit our "scheme". I think our scheme is the problem.

    Before last year he was rated the 4th best corner in "the league". You are right - he does not fit our scheme........... He is to good.
    There's about 10 or 12 db's in the draft I'd rather see the Vikings get before even looking at Samuel. You are right about the scheme though I hate watching Vikings defensive backs play ten yards off the line...jam at the line re route recievers every now and then stop making it so easy for the opposing team's QB to go up and down the field.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    347
    vCash
    1500
    Washington WR Jabar Gaffney said on twitter the Redskins are trying to trade him.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hugefan View Post
    Washington WR Jabar Gaffney said on twitter the Redskins are trying to trade him.
    I would give them Asher Allen and a 7th...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    1500
    Interesting idea. I think they took Ced Griffin. If we get a nice young DB in the draft Asher could be expendable.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    eau claire, wi
    Posts
    3,212
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hugefan View Post
    Washington WR Jabar Gaffney said on twitter the Redskins are trying to trade him.
    I would say pass on Gaffney, He would be a similiar to threat to what we already have in Jenkins. We can get someone equal or better in the mid to late rounds of the draft.

    props to VCU for the sig!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,571
    vCash
    1500
    the guy's 31, has averaged barely over 2 TDs for his career, did have arguably his best year last year but.....seriously, why would we trade for any WR that isn't a #1 type
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    585
    vCash
    1500
    Did anyone pick up that safety that Tampa Bay cut? He was pretty good wasn't he? Better than our safeties at least.

    On a side note: so disappointed in the Minnesota government. That is all.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    169
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Did anyone pick up that safety that Tampa Bay cut? He was pretty good wasn't he? Better than our safeties at least.

    On a side note: so disappointed in the Minnesota government. That is all.
    i think washington got him.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    169
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by m.kitz View Post
    i think washington got him.
    and yeah ********ing stupid ******oles gave the twins and gophers a new stadium when the vikings were most deserving.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    585
    vCash
    1500
    I feel sorry for the Wilfs, those guys tried hard to win over a bunch of stubborn *** holes.

    And damn, I liked him as a player, plus we really need to upgrade our safeties.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,546
    vCash
    1500
    The skins will trade Gaffney for a ham sandwich...he could definitely help our team out, but we won't get him so who cares

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •