Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

2013 Free Agency and Trade Thread (News, Articles, Ideas etc)(5)

As is the tradition around here I have started a new thread for free agency and trades since the last one has passed 1,000 posts. Its pretty crazy to think this is the fifth one of these threads for 2012.

vCash
    I'de say we're pretty much done in Free Agency. I don't expect to see us make any signings that will actually matter/play next season... I don't see us trading for anybody either.

vCash
    Only took 1 month to reach 1k posts lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Only took 1 month to reach 1k posts lol.
    cause we are hungry and are impatiently waiting for a new season to take the taste out of our mouths from last year, plus I think we really want to see if some of our young talent we have pans out.

vCash
    Damn it's the fifth one already!

vCash
    FA is over, farewell I shall never return
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Yea I highly doubt we see much free agent activity until the weeks after the draft. Depending on how the draft goes I can see us signing a veteran free agent if we don't come away from the draft with the right player at a certain position. I wouldn't mind to see us take a shot at O.J. Atogwe if we don't find a safety or Santana Moss if he gets cut.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I still hope we'd have a look at a guy like Gary Guyton as a cover MLB. Obviously we'll be drafting someone, but a smart cover guy in the middle could really come in handy for us in the Cover 2.

I think Atogwe won't be coming to town, he wouldn't even show up for a visit so I don't think he wants to be here. Santana Moss could be very interesting but we sure wouldn't be the only team interested in him.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I still hope we'd have a look at a guy like Gary Guyton as a cover MLB. Obviously we'll be drafting someone, but a smart cover guy in the middle could really come in handy for us in the Cover 2.

I think Atogwe won't be coming to town, he wouldn't even show up for a visit so I don't think he wants to be here. Santana Moss could be very interesting but we sure wouldn't be the only team interested in him.
    I'm surprised we haven't taken a look at Guyton either. Not only would he be a solid coverage linebacker on passing downs but he would replace Kenny Onatolu's role on special teams.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Tanard Jackson - DB - Buccaneers
    Bucs released FS Tanard Jackson with a failed physical designation.
    The Tampa Bay Times' Stephen Holder reports Jackson recently underwent shoulder surgery, but will be ready to return by June. The move likely has as much to do with Jackson's off-the-field history as his injury, as he was suspended for all of 2010 and the first five weeks of 2011 for multiple violations of the league's substance abuse policy. Jackson played poorly upon his return in Week 6 last season, struggling in coverage while getting hammered against the run. Still only 26, however, he will latch on elsewhere.
    rotoworld

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Tanard Jackson - DB - Buccaneers

rotoworld
    I think this is all about the new HC there. If Morris was still there Jackson would not be cut (not necessarily saying that he shouldn't be though). We still have to wonder if a badly playing Tanard Jackson is better than Jamarca Sanford. Still though, I think he's probably too much of a head case for us to be involved in. I could see Morris trying to get him to DC though.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    2 new S's Please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    2 new S's Please.

No doubt.

vCash
    Marvin Mitchell - LB - Vikings
    Apr 10 - 3:32 PM

Vikings signed LB Marvin Mitchell.

After four years as a Saints special teamer, Mitchell recorded 30 tackles, one sack, and one interception as a Dolphins reserve last season. The 27-year-old will provide depth at linebacker while bolstering the Vikings' coverage units.

Related: Dolphins
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/?rw=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Marvin Mitchell - LB - Vikings
    Vikings signed LB Marvin Mitchell.

After four years as a Saints special teamer, Mitchell recorded 30 tackles, one sack, and one interception as a Dolphins reserve last season. The 27-year-old will provide depth at linebacker while bolstering the Vikings' coverage units.

Related: Dolphins
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/?rw=1

Apr 10 - 3:32 PM
    Ok I'm not sure how accurate or to date this analysis of Mitchell is but I hope this guy is better in coverage than this reports says.

Analysis

Positives: Big-framed athlete who carries his weight well and has a well-proportioned body … Has adequate playing strength to shed blocks and shows decent vision to make plays in the short area … Fills the rush lanes quickly, getting low in his stance to drive the fullback back on his heels … Uses his hands effectively to shed, sliding off to knife through the line … Has adequate lateral agility … Drags ball carriers down and wraps with authority … Stays with backs tight covering on underneath routes … Turns his hips sharply, turns and levels off when dropping back under the zone … Has a knack for slipping under blocks in back-side pursuit and showed much better leg drive in attempts to push blockers back into the pocket as a senior than he did in previous seasons.

Negatives: Lack of quickness (4.86-5.02 40-yard dash times) is his major liability … Very inconsistent in his attempts to shed blocks, letting the opponent rise and get their hands into his chest too easily … Gets walled off by the quicker blockers and pinned back when trying to pursue up field … Lacks quickness to handle receivers past the short area … Not a good practice player and needs to improve his training habits … Does not respond well to hard coaching … Needs to slip past blocks to make tackles, as he lacks good hand usage in attempts to disengage … Falls off too many tackles working in space … Lacks ball awareness in passing situations … Has good straight-line speed to close, but lacks range to string plays wide … Arrested in May 2006 for disorderly conduct and was suspended from the team once.

Compares To: DARYL SMITH-Jacksonville … Mitchell is stout vs. the inside running game, but lacks the quickness and range to make plays in pursuit. He showed better urgency locating the ball in 2006, but will still bite on misdirection and his lack of speed is a liability in the passing game. His work ethic also needs to improve.

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast