1: Matt Kalil T USC
    2: Devon Still DT Penn State
    3: Marvin McNutt WR Iowa
    4: Shaun Prater CB Iowa
    4: Trenton Robinson S Michigan State
    4: Marvin Jones WR California
    5: Kyle Wibler MLB Wake Forest
    6: D.J. Campbell S California
    WTF? DT in the 2nd round? Don't we still have Kevin Williams? Didn't we steal Christian Ballard in the draft last year?! C'mon Walter get your ***** together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    WTF? DT in the 2nd round? Don't we still have Kevin Williams? Didn't we steal Christian Ballard in the draft last year?! C'mon Walter get your ***** together.
    Well I guess I forgot Ballard was moved to Defensive End, guess I should get my crap together, they should make a smiley face that eats crow on here..

vCash
    Well I guess I forgot Ballard was moved to Defensive End, guess I should get my crap together, they should make a smiley face that eats crow on here..
    calm down blom. Lol

23 TACKLES/2 SACKS
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Well I still agree with you. We still have Fred Evans and Guion. Didn't we sign Guion to a 3 year deal? I seriously don't think we'll go that route.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Man I hope we don't take floyd at #3. I have no faith that he will stay out of trouble with the law and drinking when someone gives him a few million dollars. I also have zero faith in Notre Dame players at all. Justin Tuck is the first and last player to make a positive impact in the NFL in the last decade. No thank you Floyd go to Buffalo at #10 bars are open till 4.am.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Man I hope we don't take floyd at #3. I have no faith that he will stay out of trouble with the law and drinking when someone gives him a few million dollars. I also have zero faith in Notre Dame players at all. Justin Tuck is the first and last player to make a positive impact in the NFL in the last decade. No thank you Floyd go to Buffalo at #10 bars are open till 4.am.
    Is there buzz about this? That would be a horrible mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SalisBurySteak View Post
    Is there buzz about this? That would be a horrible mistake.
    I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Should we cut Kyle Rudolph then?

vCash
    do people forget that KWill is getting older? or that we have no real DT next to him? I think a lot of you guys expect way too much out of guion, would like a still pick in the 2nd over a guy like Sanu/Randall if only to improve our DL even more, have a fearsome four again. If Jeffery is gone I am not in love with any Wrs in the 2nd, only other options I see are WR or a guy like Mychal Kendricks.

BTW guys Still is a potential 1st rounder so it most likely was BPA at an area of need. Though a lesser need,
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    I mean when's the last STAR prospect to come out of Notre Dame? Brady Quin? He wen't like 22nd overall

I don't buy that whole thing where just because a player went to this school he has no chance...Floyd is a beast, he has the potential to be a Plaxico Burress in his prime...Harison Smith looks like a really good player and should be a good player in the league, a guy like Erik Weddle comes to mind....Next year there's a dude named Manti Te'o who's going to be a stud and a top 10 pick next year....We have Kyle Rudolf and John Sullivan who are centerpieces to our team moving into the future

So i don't really buy that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    I mean when's the last STAR prospect to come out of Notre Dame? Brady Quin? He wen't like 22nd overall

I don't buy that whole thing where just because a player went to this school he has no chance...Floyd is a beast, he has the potential to be a Plaxico Burress in his prime...Harison Smith looks like a really good player and should be a good player in the league, a guy like Erik Weddle comes to mind....Next year there's a dude named Manti Te'o who's going to be a stud and a top 10 pick next year....We have Kyle Rudolf and John Sullivan who are centerpieces to our team moving into the future

So i don't really buy that
    Yea I immediately became a hypocrite posting that seeing as I don't agree with anyone not wanting Alshon Jeffery because he went to SC and Williamson busted and Rice was made of glass.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Sign Marcus McNeil to a 1-2 year deal. Trade back to Tampa and pick up a 2nd or 3rd. Draft Morris or Blackmon at 5. I prefer Morris. Draft Alshon at 35. Harrison Smith at 40. These two could be flipped if necessary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbaWolvez View Post
    Sign Marcus McNeil to a 1-2 year deal. Trade back to Tampa and pick up a 2nd or 3rd. Draft Morris or Blackmon at 5. I prefer Morris. Draft Alshon at 35. Harrison Smith at 40. These two could be flipped if necessary.
    There's a reason Marcus McNeil is still a free agent.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I love our GM. He cut all the players I wanted except for C. Johnson, and he seems to have the same draft goals as I do. I hear we are targeting Jeffory's at 35 and that we are taking a look at floyd at 3. I think floyd is a legit #1 WR that will have a AJ Green type impact and I don't think floyd at 3 is a reach cuz he will probably go to Jac at 7. It would just take some balls, he'd really be putting himself out there.

Ultimately I'd rather go Kalil and Jeffory/Wright then Floyd and Massie rd 1 and 2 but I'd put a high grade on a draft with either combo.

Some late rd. picks that intrigue me are Dale Moss, Quick and QB R. Wilson. If Wilson is around in the 5th or 6th I'd love the Vikings to grab him. Wis. put up 50-70 points a game last year. I love his release, his timing, and quick decisions. But most of all I love what i see when he delivers a pass right before he is going to get nailed. Last year Dalton showed he was good at this and I think Wilson is even better at that then Dalton. P. Manning career was built on delivering a pass right before the sack. I think he'd be a good project if after the next couple season's we don't like Ponder I think Wilson could step in and suprise some people. I know he is a little short but that is helped by talking an extra step back. I think Wilson will end up being a more athletic Drew Brees and be somebody's franchise QB some day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I love our GM. He cut all the players I wanted except for C. Johnson, and he seems to have the same draft goals as I do. I hear we are targeting Jeffory's at 35 and that we are taking a look at floyd at 3. I think floyd is a legit #1 WR that will have a AJ Green type impact and I don't think floyd at 3 is a reach cuz he will probably go to Jac at 7. It would just take some balls, he'd really be putting himself out there.

Ultimately I'd rather go Kalil and Jeffory/Wright then Floyd and Massie rd 1 and 2 but I'd put a high grade on a draft with either combo.

Some late rd. picks that intrigue me are Dale Moss, Quick and QB R. Wilson. If Wilson is around in the 5th or 6th I'd love the Vikings to grab him. Wis. put up 50-70 points a game last year. I love his release, his timing, and quick decisions. But most of all I love what i see when he delivers a pass right before he is going to get nailed. Last year Dalton showed he was good at this and I think Wilson is even better at that then Dalton. P. Manning career was built on delivering a pass right before the sack. I think he'd be a good project if after the next couple season's we don't like Ponder I think Wilson could step in and suprise some people. I know he is a little short but that is helped by talking an extra step back. I think Wilson will end up being a more athletic Drew Brees and be somebody's franchise QB some day.
    Thank you, I've been saying Wilson is a major sleeper and will be an impact player in the NFL once he gets his chance. Your right about Floyd as well I think he is the best WR in this draft so getting him at any point isn't a big reach although not smart if your in the Vikings front office because your current left tackle plays like a wet tissue.

Page 22 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast