Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    just wait for the bandwagon

vCash
    Pirates acquired Mazzaro and Robinson from the Royals today. I'm kind of indifferent with Mazzaro but he looks to be an ok choice to come in and compete for one of our last bullpen jobs. However I am very happy we have picked up Robinson. I was campaigning for him last April and May when we couldn't hit the ball. He appears to be an upgrade over Hague and Clement as our 3rd string 1B and fall back plan should Jones need to switch to a corner.

I know there aren't many Royals fans but anyone have anything they would like to tell me about either of these two.

The players you got back Luis Santos and Luis Rico are DSL players who haven't pitched in the states yet. Santos appears ready for a promotion as he put up very good numbers this season but he was 21 years old and in his 3rd year of DSL ball so he was old for the level. Rico seems to come with the upside as the Pirates gave him a 280K signing bonus last year but he has been poor in his two seasons and showed no command last year.

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

It's Back!: Battling Bucs

vCash
    Any thoughts on the Royals declaring Butler, Hosmer, Gordon and Myers available for pitching?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    Pirates acquired Mazzaro and Robinson from the Royals today. I'm kind of indifferent with Mazzaro but he looks to be an ok choice to come in and compete for one of our last bullpen jobs. However I am very happy we have picked up Robinson. I was campaigning for him last April and May when we couldn't hit the ball. He appears to be an upgrade over Hague and Clement as our 3rd string 1B and fall back plan should Jones need to switch to a corner.

I know there aren't many Royals fans but anyone have anything they would like to tell me about either of these two.

The players you got back Luis Santos and Luis Rico are DSL players who haven't pitched in the states yet. Santos appears ready for a promotion as he put up very good numbers this season but he was 21 years old and in his 3rd year of DSL ball so he was old for the level. Rico seems to come with the upside as the Pirates gave him a 280K signing bonus last year but he has been poor in his two seasons and showed no command last year.
    Robinson has potential to be good, Mazzaro blows, but still good trade for Pirates...

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Any thoughts on the Royals declaring Butler, Hosmer, Gordon and Myers available for pitching?
    Pitching is what is needed for sure, I'd say this is the right decision

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123