• Penguins in 5

3 5.36%
  • Penguins in 6

20 35.71%
  • Penguins in 7

6 10.71%
Page 17 of 108 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hey im one of the biggest Pens fans here and neither blown call had a bigger impact then the other. The Pens flat out blew it the bigger issue is the second goal they got one of the weakest goals i ever saw.
    I hand it to Philly they came out hard the 2nd, 3rd and OT Pens played like crap. Pens blew the game no team should give up a 3 goal lead in the playoffs on home ice. The calls were not the problem the Pens were. If we lose tomorrow night we are in serious trouble

vCash
    And the main point I'll continue to make: if the Penguins didn't want to lose, they shouldn't have given up a 3 goal lead, no matter how the goals went. Or they shouldn't have given up 3 goals after the mis-called offsides goal.

It was still 3-1 with 30 minutes left in the game.

The Pens have an issue closing out games. They get cute, fancy, and too soft with the lead. And have done it all season against us. At the same time, I really hope the Flyers stop going down 2-0 and 3-0 in games. Sure we've won a couple of times, but very soon, either the Penguins will get it through their heads to play 60 minutes, or we'll play a team like NYR, who plays 60 minutes, and we'll lose.

As happy as I am about last night, I do fear that the Penguins are finally going to play us 60 minutes. And if they do, and we cannot get up early in games, we might be finished.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodandNails View Post
    These petty differences go both ways. The fact of the matter is that two non-calls led to goals for each team. If you're not going to acknowledge both of them, there's no reason to acknowledge either of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Hey im one of the biggest Pens fans here and neither blown call had a bigger impact then the other. The Pens flat out blew it the bigger issue is the second goal they got one of the weakest goals i ever saw.
    I hand it to Philly they came out hard the 2nd, 3rd and OT Pens played like crap. Pens blew the game no team should give up a 3 goal lead in the playoffs on home ice. The calls were not the problem the Pens were. If we lose tomorrow night we are in serious trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    And the main point I'll continue to make: if the Penguins didn't want to lose, they shouldn't have given up a 3 goal lead, no matter how the goals went. Or they shouldn't have given up 3 goals after the mis-called offsides goal.

The Pens have an issue closing out games. They get cute, fancy, and too soft with the lead. And have done it all season against us. At the same time, I really hope the Flyers stop going down 2-0 and 3-0 in games. Sure we've won a couple of times, but very soon, either the Penguins will get it through their heads to play 60 minutes, or we'll play a team like NYR, who plays 60 minutes, and we'll lose.

As happy as I am about last night, I do fear that the Penguins are finally going to play us 60 minutes. And if they do, and we cannot get up early in games, we might be finished.
    All of the above.

vCash
    this game did great numbers. Im surprised.

vCash
    this game did great numbers. Im surprised.
    I'm really not.

Fact is, you've got two die hard hockey markets, and probably the best rivalry in the sport. Two awesome teams. Bad blood.

It's great TV. I'd even say it's a top 3 rivalry in all of sports, right now.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodandNails View Post
    ^This and the play that set up the chance for the Flyers goal (Schenn's stretch pass) happened before the miscall. For the Penguins, the chance was entirely created after the miscall.

These petty differences go both ways. The fact of the matter is that two non-calls led to goals for each team. If you're not going to acknowledge both of them, there's no reason to acknowledge either of them.
    But the stretch pass was the offside.

Like I said...Pens didn't lose because of it, I just don't think the two are comparable.

vCash
    I'm really not.

Fact is, you've got two die hard hockey markets, and probably the best rivalry in the sport. Two awesome teams. Bad blood.

It's great TV. I'd even say it's a top 3 rivalry in all of sports, right now.
    well true when you think of it that way

vCash
    I'm still pissed off at Dan Bylsma.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    They are absolutely one and the same. The only reason the Briere goal gets more attention is because it was the beginning of the comeback. Yes he was WAY offside but on the Pens 3rd goal Coburn and Bryz stopped playing because the ref had his hand up for icing. To say one was more important than the other just shows your homer tendencies. Both were horrible calls (or in this case non calls) that lead to important goals.

Blood, Sweat and Beards!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    I'm still pissed off at Dan Bylsma.
    i'm not ya he backed off but he isn't the one who let the soft 2nd goal in that was crosby and flower. He isn't the one who played sloppy D bottom line we didn't execute not the coaches fault in this situation.
    Last edited by jrm2054; 04-13-2012 at 11:20 AM.

vCash
    i'm not ya he backed off but he isn't the one who let the soft 2nd goal in that was crosby and flower. He isn't the one who played sloppy D bottom line we didn't execute not the coaches fault in this situation.
    Overall, yes, it does come down to the players not executing when they needed to. That being said, it was pretty clear that once we had the 3-0 lead, Bylsma clearly wanted the team to go into shutdown mode when it should have been conservative mode. The Flyers knew our D wasn't going to try and pinch and our forecheck was basically nonexistent, allowing them the time to establish their offense and not feel hurried whatsoever

vCash

This. I'm really concerned at our tendency to give up early leads. We're not going to keep coming back in the playoffs like we did in game 1. We need to put the hammer down early, and keep it down. I love the resilience and heart the Flyers show when they are down, but...I'd like to see 60 minutes of that.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    I agree with you. I hate playing prevent...imho, the best defense is offensive zone pressure. If you sit back and don't pressure the other guy, it allows the enemy offense to get in a rythem, and get sustained o zone time of their own, and eventually something will go in.

If you continue with a disciplined attack, you keep the other team playing D rather then trying to play O...and they aren't scoring when they are playing D.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    A friend of mine said Letang is not a good defender, he is a great offensive Dman but not good in his own zone, that's something i'm going to be paying attention to tonight because the guy gets a lot of praise. Malkin's gotta get it going, he's been the best player all year this is the wrong time to go into a slump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    A friend of mine said Letang is not a good defender, he is a great offensive Dman but not good in his own zone, that's something i'm going to be paying attention to tonight because the guy gets a lot of praise. Malkin's gotta get it going, he's been the best player all year this is the wrong time to go into a slump.
    Ya that is just not true. Watch him is is one of our better D man

Page 17 of 108 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast