• Cardinals win game three

4 66.67%
  • Reds Sweep

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    Other than the pitcher I don't think there is a starter on the cardinals I would ever ask to bunt. Too much power.

Maybe who ever is playing second base, but it depends on the situation.
    I wouldn't even have the pitcher bunt unless there is nobody out.

Well, it depends.

But they didn't need to bunt there with Lohse. Too often it's just assumed since there is a man on base and less than two outs that the pitcher should just bunt. But that's not always the case, especially when the infielders are playing 10 feet from you and can get an easy double play.

Not much to complain about here, I'm loving Matheny more and more every time I watch him.

vCash
    Cards are 5-1, first team to 5 wins, 10 teams haven't even played a 5th game yet.

vCash
    Not complaining, but isnt it a little frightening that 99% of our runs have been scored by the long ball? granted its spring and the ball will only carry farther in the summer, buti at least would like to see some production of runs outside of the homer, other wise if we stop hitting them for a little bit or pitchers adjust then we could get screwed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cardsfan88 View Post
    Not complaining, but isnt it a little frightening that 99% of our runs have been scored by the long ball? granted its spring and the ball will only carry farther in the summer, buti at least would like to see some production of runs outside of the homer, other wise if we stop hitting them for a little bit or pitchers adjust then we could get screwed
    Well, we are a long ball team that draws walks.

It isn't frightening to me at all. That's how we survived last year.

What's frightening is that our babip is completely unsustainable, but part of the reason it's so high are all the home runs. At some points, those home runs should become doubles (and many of them would have been in Busch), but also, as the it heats up, the ball will carry better.

We are not this good offensively, but we should pretty easily be the best team in the NL offensively again this this year. The goal is to improve the defense and for pitching to remain the same.

Also, Kyle Lohse could re-pitch both of his two starts and he would give up more runs, he had a lot of things go his way for those two starts to be that good.

vCash
    Our B team lost today...

That lineup surprised me by getting 3 runs. Eventhough it was all Furcal and Jay.

vCash
    Chapman was ballin' today.

vCash
    Well I successfully picked the winning games again.

And we won the series again, which I am really happy about.

It might have been greedy but 6-1 would have been awesome.

5-2 is still very very awesome though.

vCash
    I can't say I had much better hopes for this game. Cueto was the only one of the three starters in this series that worries me, and Garcia has a tendency to struggle on the road. Between that and with all the backups playing, I'm just impressed we kept it so close.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123