Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Series Results/What is the Key to The Series For the Flyers?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flyers Win in 4

0 0%
  • Flyers Win in 5

2 5.71%
  • Flyers Win in 6

24 68.57%
  • Flyers Win in 7

4 11.43%
  • Flyers Lose in 4

0 0%
  • Flyers Lose in 5

1 2.86%
  • Flyers Lose in 6

2 5.71%
  • Flyers Lose in 7

0 0%
  • Flyer's Defense

4 11.43%
  • Flyer's Offense

0 0%
  • Flyer's Goaltending

5 14.29%
  • Flyer's Special Teams

8 22.86%
  • Flyer's Coaching

2 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156
Results 2,326 to 2,339 of 2339
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    You want I should dredge up the "Rate the GM" thread ??
    well considering Homer isn't even a finalist for Exec. of the Year, I guess whoever votes looked at your thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    A pretty vicious concussion, and there's absolutely no way it's his first. His wife was talking to the media a couple months ago, pretty much on the verge of tears, about how he hasn't really gotten much better.

Definitely sounds like Lindros/Primeau territory.
    This stinks.

But it's right in line with Philly, getting the wrong DiMaggio and Brett. Lance Parrish forgetting how to be an all-star catcher, Adam Oates going 20-some games without a goal. Passing on Richter. Hughes over Pierce. Two #1's for Antone. #1 overall for Hinson. Passing on Frank Thomas. Now, signing the big D of our dreams only to have him constantly battling injury to the point of retirement.

I could go on, but you all know the history...

And sorry my examples go back a ways. Around age 25 (mid-90's) life got in the way of my memorizing every roster move by every Philly team.

Maybe an idea for a thread to fill the off days?

"Biggest Philly Moves that Didn't Pan Out." Doesn't have to be Flyers only.
    Last edited by Ender; 04-25-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: typo
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Well Thursday is the last day of the first round and since the West is wrapped up I hope it starts Saturday.
    I actually wouldn't mind a Sunday start which would probably make it an afternoon game so I could watch
    I prefer a Saturday as long as we dont have anyone that would be out Saturday but available Sunday. If we end up playing the Rangers it might give us a bit of an advantage that they only have about 48 hours to focus on preparing for us where as we have been sitting for almost a week and the team is most likely prepared for any of the possible scenarios of how this first round finishes up. Also at what point does rest turn into rust??? We played a hell of game last Sunday and it would be nice to carry that into game 1.

vCash
    Ps..... Go caps/sens!!!!!

vCash
    Mez and Grossman both skated today, but were wearing the green 'no contact' jerseys.
    Don't let this face fool you...

vCash
    Mez surprisingly looks good so far though its amazing when you think about the fact he had a surgery that 10+ years ago would of ended ones career to his back

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Mez surprisingly looks good so far though its amazing when you think about the fact he had a surgery that 10+ years ago would of ended ones career to his back
    he does look pretty good.

even so, though, i keep hearing most people don't think he'll be back until the ECF if the Flyers get there.

vCash
    You know whats a hard thing to do? being stuck busy writing multiple(damn you Sports management & marketing major!) 15-20 page papers about sports and not being able to talk hockey with you guys during POSSIBLY one of the greatest series I have ever seen.

Anyway, can't wait for the next round. Might be able to talk more hockey now that my semester is over

vCash
    Any word on if the Flyers would have game 1 on Saturday or Sunday? My guess is that if the Rangers win, that NBC would want Rangers/Caps on Sunday, which means the Flyers would start Saturday night vs Devils/Panthers winner.

If the Sens beat the Rangers, the Flyers would start Sunday on NBC vs Sens/Caps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Floorse View Post
    You know whats a hard thing to do? being stuck busy writing multiple(damn you Sports management & marketing major!) 15-20 page papers about sports and not being able to talk hockey with you guys during POSSIBLY one of the greatest series I have ever seen.

Anyway, can't wait for the next round. Might be able to talk more hockey now that my semester is over
    amen to that, man. i'm officially done as of noon tomorrow. can't wait. this semester really kicked my ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jammastershake View Post
    Any word on if the Flyers would have game 1 on Saturday or Sunday? My guess is that if the Rangers win, that NBC would want Rangers/Caps on Sunday, which means the Flyers would start Saturday night vs Devils/Panthers winner.

If the Sens beat the Rangers, the Flyers would start Sunday on NBC vs Sens/Caps.
    Don't we re-seed? Wouldn't that mean that, unless the #8 seed (FLA?) wins, the Rangers would face the Caps?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacManus View Post
    Don't we re-seed? Wouldn't that mean that, unless the #8 seed (FLA?) wins, the Rangers would face the Caps?
    Florida is the #3 seed. Sens are the #8 seed.

vCash
    I posted it in the Round 2 possibilities thread after the Bruins game but my ipad sometimes doesnt post so I had to come back and repost it...ahhh well here is the outcome of round 2 with all the scenarios

CLICK ME (to go to the round 2 thread)

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    This stinks.

But it's right in line with Philly, getting the wrong DiMaggio and Brett. Lance Parrish forgetting how to be an all-star catcher, Adam Oates going 20-some games without a goal. Passing on Richter. Hughes over Pierce. Two #1's for Antone. #1 overall for Hinson. Passing on Frank Thomas. Now, signing the big D of our dreams only to have him constantly battling injury to the point of retirement.

I could go on, but you all know the history...

And sorry my examples go back a ways. Around age 25 (mid-90's) life got in the way of my memorizing every roster move by every Philly team.

Maybe an idea for a thread to fill the off days?

"Biggest Philly Moves that Didn't Pan Out." Doesn't have to be Flyers only.
    Eh, Pronger didn't not pan out though. He was a HUGE part of the 2010 cup run. Not sure the Flyers would have gotten there without him.