Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Series Results/What is the Key to The Series For the Flyers?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flyers Win in 4

0 0%
  • Flyers Win in 5

2 5.71%
  • Flyers Win in 6

24 68.57%
  • Flyers Win in 7

4 11.43%
  • Flyers Lose in 4

0 0%
  • Flyers Lose in 5

1 2.86%
  • Flyers Lose in 6

2 5.71%
  • Flyers Lose in 7

0 0%
  • Flyer's Defense

4 11.43%
  • Flyer's Offense

0 0%
  • Flyer's Goaltending

5 14.29%
  • Flyer's Special Teams

8 22.86%
  • Flyer's Coaching

2 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 155 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2339
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    time to give my boy Bart a try again. I like him actually, loved how he came in 2 years ago when called up thought he did great.

Again too though we have some good options out there that are young.

Marc-Andre Bourdon - 22 (shoots L) [RFA this year]
    Erik Gustafsson - 23 (shoots L)
    Oliver Lauridsen - 23 (shoots L)
    Blake Kessel - 23 (shoots R)
    Oskars Bartulis - 25 (shoots L)

so yeah options for sure.

Although you make a great point in we do have some in house signings to make. Even though some are sign through most have over preformed their contracts and we are always good as taking care of our own (LOL Richards and Carter)
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I too, like Bartulis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    If you assume Pronger is done (which he probably is), Timonen is declining and his contract is up soon anyway, and Carle is probably leaving for a paycheck.

All we have "long term" is coburn and grossmann, and Mez for 2 more years. I think Gus will replace Timonen in-house. They always sign a cheap FA veteran for the #6 spot. So that really just leaves one spot open for the next few years.

wont be much money to spend with Couturier, Schenn, Read, and Giroux contracts coming up in a couple seasons. that might be 16 million right there.

as fun as these discussions are, how bout we keep this kind of talk under wraps until the Flyers are finished their run, wherever that run takes them.

the team is pretty good this year

that being said, i guess i'll throw my 2 cents in there: i think they should look to acquire a right-handed defenseman. at least one. having all your defensemen shoot from the same side just isn't beneficial. much easier to pass across the ice to each other when they are opposite-handed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    as fun as these discussions are, how bout we keep this kind of talk under wraps until the Flyers are finished their run, wherever that run takes them.

the team is pretty good this year

that being said, i guess i'll throw my 2 cents in there: i think they should look to acquire a right-handed defenseman. at least one. having all your defensemen shoot from the same side just isn't beneficial. much easier to pass across the ice to each other when they are opposite-handed.
    Luke Schenn would be ideal. I think he can be attained this off season. The Brotherly connection would be awesome too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy553 View Post
    Luke Schenn would be ideal. I think he can be attained this off season. The Brotherly connection would be awesome too.
    The only reason I like Schenn is that he's got a pretty nice contract. It's not too hefty and I think it's a steady 3.5 throughout. Maybe slightly overpaid, but nothing too wild. Certainly worth it if/when we let Carle walk or if Pronger doesn't come back. He's not really physical but he eats up alot of minutes. I think of him as a much more athletic and smarter Matt Carle. Face it, Carle's gonna find a team thats probably gonna give him close to that contract anyway. Might as well trade that 2nd rounder we got for Richie for someone proven.

And he's a right handed shot.

vCash
    I'm not sold on Luke Schenn, I trust Homer will find what is needed to replace Carle. Even if it's from within. We do have a bunch of young D that will be pushing for playing time next year.

Bourdon
    Gustafsson
    Bartulis

add that to

Timonen
    Grossmann
    Coburn
    Meszaros
    Lilja
    Pronger ??????

vCash
    I'm with peman. Why is this turning into an offseason thread? Has it really been that long since we beat the Penguins in the playoffs that we forget the postseason doesn't end after our series with them is over?

The only thing that could have made Game 6 more perfect would have been a shutout to really get Bryz's confidence going.

I really hope our PP can keep this (obviously not at a 50%+ clip, but at a good rate) up for the rest of the playoffs. Any game feels winnable when the power play is playing this well.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    Looks like the Coyotes will be the next team into the 2nd round. That wraps up the Western Conference. Any idea when we would start the 2nd round? Saturday?

vCash
    Well Thursday is the last day of the first round and since the West is wrapped up I hope it starts Saturday.
    I actually wouldn't mind a Sunday start which would probably make it an afternoon game so I could watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    Looks like the Coyotes will be the next team into the 2nd round. That wraps up the Western Conference. Any idea when we would start the 2nd round? Saturday?
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Well Thursday is the last day of the first round and since the West is wrapped up I hope it starts Saturday.
    I actually wouldn't mind a Sunday start which would probably make it an afternoon game so I could watch

Saturday is the earliest they could start, but most people i've seen on twitter seem to be leaning towards a Sunday start.

either way it should give the boys plenty of time to rest and heal up. JVR will get a full week of practice in to start to get his legs back under him again, and grossmann hopefully can practice this week to see how he feels.

vCash
    Sort of missed the whole Pronger thing. Is it consussions? Why so devastating? Is he in Lindros territory?

Something tells me he gives it one more go.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    A pretty vicious concussion, and there's absolutely no way it's his first. His wife was talking to the media a couple months ago, pretty much on the verge of tears, about how he hasn't really gotten much better.

Definitely sounds like Lindros/Primeau territory.

vCash
    so if not off season stuff right now what else are we supposed to talk about for the next possible week while waiting?

and who cares what we talk about, its a discussion forum...ffs

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    so if not off season stuff right now what else are we supposed to talk about for the next possible week while waiting?

and who cares what we talk about, its a discussion forum...ffs

calm down. yeah, it's a discussion forum, but it's the playoffs.

how is it that you can't find something to talk about during the playoffs?

vCash
    Kudos to myself and the other 23 who saw it in six!

And of course, Lavy and the team.

vCash
    lol we are bored and I don't blame you guys. Tomorrow should be fun with the Boston game but the Panthers-Devils game was brutal to watch. Reminded me of when we played them and they just sat back and defended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    calm down. yeah, it's a discussion forum, but it's the playoffs.

how is it that you can't find something to talk about during the playoffs?
    You want I should dredge up the "Rate the GM" thread ??