Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Series Results/What is the Key to The Series For the Flyers?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flyers Win in 4

0 0%
  • Flyers Win in 5

2 5.71%
  • Flyers Win in 6

24 68.57%
  • Flyers Win in 7

4 11.43%
  • Flyers Lose in 4

0 0%
  • Flyers Lose in 5

1 2.86%
  • Flyers Lose in 6

2 5.71%
  • Flyers Lose in 7

0 0%
  • Flyer's Defense

4 11.43%
  • Flyer's Offense

0 0%
  • Flyer's Goaltending

5 14.29%
  • Flyer's Special Teams

8 22.86%
  • Flyer's Coaching

2 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2339
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    Coburn and Carle had phenomenal series. Timonen was decent. Lilja was ok on the pucks he got to, but his speed kills. Kubina looked really bad. Gus had a bad game 5 but a really good game 6. It's going to be interesting going forward seeing how we handle our defense. Obviously the health of Grossman is a huge factor. Any update on him or Bourdon?
    Carle had an atrocious series. A couple bright spots where he was able to find the puck on a 1v1 but nothing even close to "phenomenal". He turned the puck over every other shift. He had 2 goals in that game 4 that were soley his fault. Coburn was "phenomenal". Carle was "fair", and that's being generous.

vCash
    Impressive win by the boys today...solid effort from start to finish......

note of mild amusement was the half hearted "you can't beat us" chant at the end..........they started belting it out and then seemed to quickly think in their heads "Oh yeah, well I guess they sorta did the last two games" LOL

But was a solid played game through and through....

The only thing missing from today was one minor coaching maneuver.....in the 3rd on the face off when Malkin was chopping Couts and trying to, I don't know what....goad him into a fight? or a stupid roughing penalty? ..who knows.......but I would like to have seen Lavy just make a statement change right there and toss Simmonds out on the ice for the reset on the faceoff.........not to do anything stupid, but just to stand next to Malkin and stare him down a little and bark at him so we could watch him slink away after the faceoff..that would have been beautiful!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Impressive win by the boys today...solid effort from start to finish......

note of mild amusement was the half hearted "you can't beat us" chant at the end..........they started belting it out and then seemed to quickly think in their heads "Oh yeah, well I guess they sorta did the last two games" LOL

But was a solid played game through and through....

The only thing missing from today was one minor coaching maneuver.....in the 3rd on the face off when Malkin was chopping Couts and trying to, I don't know what....goad him into a fight? or a stupid roughing penalty? ..who knows.......but I would like to have seen Lavy just make a statement change right there and toss Simmonds out on the ice for the reset on the faceoff.........not to do anything stupid, but just to stand next to Malkin and stare him down a little and bark at him so we could watch him slink away after the faceoff..that would have been beautiful!!
    Hahaha would have been nice. But seriously, leaving Couts out there was the best thing he could've done. It couldnt have been anymore obvious how pissed/frustrated Malkin was with Couturier. Malkin looked like he was going to cry when he was yelling at Neal. All thanks to a 19year old rook. You have to imagine Malkin was seeing Couts in his nightmares, and that face-off was just a tell-tale sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    Hahaha would have been nice. But seriously, leaving Couts out there was the best thing he could've done. It couldnt have been anymore obvious how pissed/frustrated Malkin was with Couturier. Malkin looked like he was going to cry when he was yelling at Neal. All thanks to a 19year old rook. You have to imagine Malkin was seeing Couts in his nightmares, and that face-off was just a tell-tale sign.
    Yeah, I know.....wasn't a big deal I just thought it would have been funny. After Bylsma calling the time out the other day I just thought it would have been a little fun gamesmanship right there...would have given the fans a freakin ROAR to see SImmonds hop over the boards there to line up next to him on the draw........

based on how quick their handshakes were it really does seem Lavy and Bylsma just don't like each other LOL

vCash
    I didnt really like Bylsma's comments in his post game interview. He said something like...

"I'd like to start by congratulating the Flyers and their Organization on this series win. Really can't wish them good luck though."

Like, cmon dude. Your a professional hockey coach. If I would've said that aloud in little league my dad would've *****ed me out for being so childish. Why can't he say good luck? I guess i'll never know why Pittsburgh does anything the way they do.

vCash
    I didnt really like Bylsma's comments in his post game interview. He said something like...

"I'd like to start by congratulating the Flyers and their Organization on this series win. Really can't wish them good luck though."

Like, cmon dude. Your a professional hockey coach. If I would've said that aloud in little league my dad would've *****ed me out for being so childish. Why can't he say good luck? I guess i'll never know why Pittsburgh does anything the way they do.
    I didn't see any of the post game stuff......sheesh, if he really said that....what a freakin TOOL. No wonder his stars are crybabies, just like him I guess. They are becoming the classic example of a team that never thinks it commits a penalty or does anything wrong and can't seem to understand why people get mad at them.....It's funny, I've always enjoyed the rivalry with the Pens even way back when jagr was there....but I never really hated them. But this group they have now? After seeing all the crap they do and all the headhunting the last few weeks against us...I genuinely have no respect for them anymore..and comments by the coach like that just make it worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I didn't see any of the post game stuff......sheesh, if he really said that....what a freakin TOOL. No wonder his stars are crybabies, just like him I guess. They are becoming the classic example of a team that never thinks it commits a penalty or does anything wrong and can't seem to understand why people get mad at them.....It's funny, I've always enjoyed the rivalry with the Pens even way back when jagr was there....but I never really hated them. But this group they have now? After seeing all the crap they do and all the headhunting the last few weeks against us...I genuinely have no respect for them anymore..and comments by the coach like that just make it worse

yeah Bylsma really said that. What's worse, Crosby just refused to give the Flyers any type of credit in his post game interview. Everything was, "yeah the bounces just didn't go our way today", "they got a few bounces there that helped them", "it's hard to dig out of a 3-0 hole".

Excuses and neglect. Just utter disrespect really from the Pens after that loss.

One thing did really make me laugh, though. I'm not sure who the reporter was -- I'm thinking it was a Pittsburgh guy -- but he asked Fleury if there were any goals in the series he thinks he'd like to have back, and Fleury responded, "....seriously...".

what kind of question is that? lol.

vCash
    I don't blame him for not wishing us luck, I wouldn't have wished them luck either.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I don't blame him for not wishing us luck, I wouldn't have wished them luck either.
    Yeah, doesn't bother me too much.

Can't wait for the 1st regular season meeting next year when we put Neal out for 6-8 weeks. I don't care what anyone thinks of it. Guy was blatantly trying to injure our best players. Turnabout is fair play. And I hope it's Pronger that does it.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Might be too much to hope that Pronger does anything on an NHL rink ever again. Poor guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    that's fine, but that's something you don't say to the public. if you feel that way, i understand. i wouldn't wish them luck, either.

that being said, it's a public setting; show some class. all he had to say is congratulations to the Flyers and end it there.

the coach needs to show more class than that.

vCash
    yeah im thinking Prongs enjoys wearing those glasses a lot more right now at this point in his life.

Sucks... hopefully we wil know 100% by FA so we can go out, we need another BIG. We have 2 up and coming but i wouldnt bank on giving them 3rd dline ice time.

WE need a #2 a true #2. Coburn has done a great job filling in there and i think that goes so unnoticed...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    yeah im thinking Prongs enjoys wearing those glasses a lot more right now at this point in his life.

Sucks... hopefully we wil know 100% by FA so we can go out, we need another BIG. We have 2 up and coming but i wouldnt bank on giving them 3rd dline ice time.

WE need a #2 a true #2. Coburn has done a great job filling in there and i think that goes so unnoticed...

If you assume Pronger is done (which he probably is), Timonen is declining and his contract is up soon anyway, and Carle is probably leaving for a paycheck.

All we have "long term" is coburn and grossmann, and Mez for 2 more years. I think Gus will replace Timonen in-house. They always sign a cheap FA veteran for the #6 spot. So that really just leaves one spot open for the next few years.

wont be much money to spend with Couturier, Schenn, Read, and Giroux contracts coming up in a couple seasons. that might be 16 million right there.

vCash
    time to give my boy Bart a try again. I like him actually, loved how he came in 2 years ago when called up thought he did great.

Again too though we have some good options out there that are young.

Marc-Andre Bourdon - 22 (shoots L) [RFA this year]
    Erik Gustafsson - 23 (shoots L)
    Oliver Lauridsen - 23 (shoots L)
    Blake Kessel - 23 (shoots R)
    Oskars Bartulis - 25 (shoots L)

so yeah options for sure.

Although you make a great point in we do have some in house signings to make. Even though some are sign through most have over preformed their contracts and we are always good as taking care of our own (LOL Richards and Carter)

vCash
    I too, like Bartulis.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?