Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Series Results/What is the Key to The Series For the Flyers?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flyers Win in 4

    0 0%
  • Flyers Win in 5

    2 5.71%
  • Flyers Win in 6

    24 68.57%
  • Flyers Win in 7

    4 11.43%
  • Flyers Lose in 4

    0 0%
  • Flyers Lose in 5

    1 2.86%
  • Flyers Lose in 6

    2 5.71%
  • Flyers Lose in 7

    0 0%
  • Flyer's Defense

    4 11.43%
  • Flyer's Offense

    0 0%
  • Flyer's Goaltending

    5 14.29%
  • Flyer's Special Teams

    8 22.86%
  • Flyer's Coaching

    2 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 112 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2339
  1. #1666
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    9,410
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    So does anyone by chance know of any of the injury updates?
    Mez -

    Bourdon -

    JVR -

    Sestito -

    Grossman now too???


    Gus should be called up for sure. Kubina, and Carle have been well.... yeah lets just say their not helping. Lilja hasnt been HORRIBLE but he hasnt been GREAT either.
    And whats going on with Manning hes not a bad option either....

    nothing on bourdon

    sestito on ice at practice

    jvr at practice and if 100%/rinaldo suspended is expected play

    grossmann with possible concussion
    - malkin elbow to head early in game followed by kennedy high hit may have done him in. HUGE loss for flyers if this is case.



    Gus is on ice at practice, so maybe he gets subbed in.




    so good news and bad news. grossmann is a huge loss, but possibly adding JVR will give them another offensive weapon (or at least get him a game before the next round)

  2. #1667
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    1,176
    vCash
    1500
    Ok so it looks like we will be without Grossman for at least game/5 this is a lot worse then we may realize taking into consideration that Bryz was playing awful prior to when we traded for Grossman who is known for his hard hits and stay at home shot blocking type of d-man...Grossman was not right early in the 1st period when he got elbowed in the head by Malkin and so without him blocking shots etc. It left Bryz back to playing goalie all by himself which for whatever reason he does not look comfortable doing,at times he looks lost out there like a deer caught in headlights,I don't know what's up with him but he needs to figure it out in a hurry cause next game is without Grossman and back in what's going to be a very hostile crowed with Neal,Malkin,Crosby,Letang n co. Feeling like kings in their own castle and I do not trust the officiating.So with all this going on we are going to need great goaltending in order to win this next game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #1668
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    1,176
    vCash
    1500
    I just need to say what's on my mind and I know that no one wants to place blame on the officiating but I have to...
    IMO the reason why we are seeing all this crazy play in the playoffs has to do with emotions which are always great in hockey playoffs but the biggest reason by far is the inconsistencies in Shannahan and mostly in the games these inconsistencies are causing players who play with these high emotions frustration and anger like never before.

    I think the officiating is going in the wrong direction and making everything worse.They need to first be consistent in all games no matter who the players/teams are and no matter the score just call an honest game so that these players no what the rules really are and that they apply to everyone also stop all the ridiculous soft penalty calling and allow these guys to play this sport the way it was always played,it's a very rough sport always has been and for those who don't like the roughness in this sport don't watch and or don't play the game but for god sakes stop trying to change everything all these inconsistencies are causing this...

    I believe if they stop with trying to change and just go back to calling honest games and allow the players to police the dirty play in hockey and honest officiating will remove a lot of the frustration and anger that gets built up during a bad officiating game...
    I believe if the league would go in this direction in time the game will loose all the dirty disrespectful play..
    Ok my rant is over...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #1669
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,614
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    Ok so it looks like we will be without Grossman for at least game/5 this is a lot worse then we may realize taking into consideration that Bryz was playing awful prior to when we traded for Grossman who is known for his hard hits and stay at home shot blocking type of d-man...Grossman was not right early in the 1st period when he got elbowed in the head by Malkin and so without him blocking shots etc. It left Bryz back to playing goalie all by himself which for whatever reason he does not look comfortable doing,at times he looks lost out there like a deer caught in headlights,I don't know what's up with him but he needs to figure it out in a hurry cause next game is without Grossman and back in what's going to be a very hostile crowed with Neal,Malkin,Crosby,Letang n co. Feeling like kings in their own castle and I do not trust the officiating.So with all this going on we are going to need great goaltending in order to win this next game...
    Apparently he left practice after 10 minutes this morning and was replaced by Michael Leighton so it looks like this could still get worse.

    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ractice-early/

  5. #1670
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    2,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    I just need to say what's on my mind and I know that no one wants to place blame on the officiating but I have to...
    IMO the reason why we are seeing all this crazy play in the playoffs has to do with emotions which are always great in hockey playoffs but the biggest reason by far is the inconsistencies in Shannahan and mostly in the games these inconsistencies are causing players who play with these high emotions frustration and anger like never before.

    I think the officiating is going in the wrong direction and making everything worse.They need to first be consistent in all games no matter who the players/teams are and no matter the score just call an honest game so that these players no what the rules really are and that they apply to everyone also stop all the ridiculous soft penalty calling and allow these guys to play this sport the way it was always played,it's a very rough sport always has been and for those who don't like the roughness in this sport don't watch and or don't play the game but for god sakes stop trying to change everything all these inconsistencies are causing this...

    I believe if they stop with trying to change and just go back to calling honest games and allow the players to police the dirty play in hockey and honest officiating will remove a lot of the frustration and anger that gets built up during a bad officiating game...
    I believe if the league would go in this direction in time the game will loose all the dirty disrespectful play..
    Ok my rant is over...
    The officiating was horrendous last night, and it went both ways with how terrible it was. The Steve Sullivan penalty 17 seconds into the game was brutal and I think we all knew right then that the referees were going to take this game in their hands. At least one of the penalties that caused the Flyers 5 on 3s was pretty bad. The Rinaldo interference penalty was horseshit. The Matt Carle interference call was awful. Those are just penalties from the first period. After that it got really one sided. No more power plays for the Flyers the rest of the game, and a few of the calls against the Flyers were a disgrace, specifically the Matt Read roughing penalty.

    All that said, the Flyers just looked like **** last night. They seemed disinterested after they gave up the 3-2 lead.

  6. #1671
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poconos
    Posts
    10,624
    vCash
    1500
    Well I hate being one of those "it's the refs fault". But that was was the 2nd longest 3 period hockey game in the last 10 years. Tooooooo many whistles and the refs slowed down the game way too much either way nothing we can do about it or frankly who cares....time to go back to plan A with plan b and c goalie possibly

    My Leighton comment last night doesn't seem so bad now lol

    Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

  7. #1672
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,614
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Well I hate being one of those "it's the refs fault". But that was was the 2nd longest 3 period hockey game in the last 10 years. Tooooooo many whistles and the refs slowed down the game way too much either way nothing we can do about it or frankly who cares....time to go back to plan A with plan b and c goalie possibly

    My Leighton comment last night doesn't seem so bad now lol
    Agree completely. The Flyers plain sucked and thats why we got hammered last night plain and simple. That being said it makes for boring hockey when the referee decides he is going to dictate the pace of the game. Let the goddamn players play and dictate the pace. As long as the game is kept under control and any stick swinging and head hunting is nixed immediately I dont see why you cant let two good teams play a hard physical game. Thats playoff hockey. I think even though they must be elated with the outcome even Pens fans can admit that that was a boring 3rd period.

  8. #1673
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,614
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Well I hate being one of those "it's the refs fault". But that was was the 2nd longest 3 period hockey game in the last 10 years. Tooooooo many whistles and the refs slowed down the game way too much either way nothing we can do about it or frankly who cares....time to go back to plan A with plan b and c goalie possibly

    My Leighton comment last night doesn't seem so bad now lol
    PS I am holding you personally responsible if Michael Leighton makes any form of appearance at any point during this playoffs

  9. #1674
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,930
    vCash
    1500
    Hope Grossman is good to go. JVR should be good to go right? We should play Gus with Kubina cause Lilja is just awful.

  10. #1675
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poconos
    Posts
    10,624
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    PS I am holding you personally responsible if Michael Leighton makes any form of appearance at any point during this playoffs
    yeah i really jinxed us for saying that... hey at least he freaking cleared waivers because look we might actually REALLY need him afterall.....goodness....but i dont care what ppl say about our defense in that Chitown series just because we had Odonnell Prongs and Mez that made our defense that much better? Well in a Lavy system it revoles around the Ofense kicking on all lines and this year we have that...then we didnt... Leighton relaly is not a bad option...not at all. I just pray to the hockey gods though that we dont have to use him and Friday is IT! Cuz im way past done with this series.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Hope Grossman is good to go. JVR should be good to go right? We should play Gus with Kubina cause Lilja is just awful.
    Lets not fool ourselves here. When we got Kubina the first 5-9 games he was ... OHHH LALALA!! We got ourselves a great defender here boys and girls. The past ohhhh month an a half hes sucked it up pretty good. The defining moment for me was last night....Sorry for my memory here not only do i not want to remember any of the 10 goals scored but I dont remember who was in the net I think it was Bryz. But Kubina went to make a move to go INBETWEEN BRYZ and the FREAKING NET.... INSIDE THE DAMN GOALIES CREASE! wtf are you thinking COUS. And because of that BRYZ tried to get back to make the save, and Kubina essentialy checked him.... That was just one HUGE play in a number of many many many bonehead plays the other night. But regardless Kubina hasnt been any better then Lilja.

    Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

  11. #1676
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,930
    vCash
    1500
    hahaha yea well Kubina should have checked his guy but he essentially got in Bryz's way. I would still go with Kubina over Lilja though. I would pair a fast guy with Kubina/Lilja because they are so freaking slow and they always seem to be out at the worst moments. This is where Mez could have helped but he won't be ready for a couple of weeks.

  12. #1677
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pistolvania
    Posts
    30,694
    vCash
    1500
    I'll update the first post when I get home. Computer at work doesn't let me load certain pics.

  13. #1678
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,930
    vCash
    1500
    so excited to see JVR. I think we will be fine with Bryz in the net this game and the obvious choice is to take Rinaldo out. He barely plays 6 minutes a game and gives you a penalty if he looks at a player. No way you take out Wellwood when he on the shut down line. I like having Read-JVR-Voracek playing more offense and hopefully JVR can get some quality minutes in that Rinaldo won't provide
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 04-20-2012 at 02:43 AM.

  14. #1679
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,930
    vCash
    1500
    Jeez Rinaldo has 46 penalty minutes in only 20 minutes lol

  15. #1680
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pistolvania
    Posts
    30,694
    vCash
    1500
    Pretty sure Read would center that line.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •